Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I wasn't expecting what I've just read when I checked into this thread this morning! 🤣

Only came on to say something trivial, but I feel like I need to spice it up a little 😂

Anyway, sorry to disappoint. The fact that I've just been waiting for appointment and the child next to me was repeatedly saying "rock paper scissors shoot" in an American accent. My kids say this too. The "shoot" bit really annoys me as it's totally unnecessary. It's from those awful American YouTube videos. .

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and think of England to avoid a very awkward situation
Eh, naw. I would back off from that at a rate of knots and tell the minky git to sort it out. No awkwardness at all. Same if it was a woman smelling like the docks.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
People who cut sandwiches into tiny heart shapes for children over the age of 5 and plastering it on social media. Give the poor child a full sandwich and stop wasting food!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
My dog is the fussiest dog yet he loves cheap muck. He’s on hunger strike today because I won’t give him wet food after I’d picked up 5 💩’s by 7am! The food he’s been offered is premium meaty chunks that keeps him firm, but he’d rather tit himself senseless on Chappie or some crap 😩 it’s like looking after a belligerent old man.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
People who cut sandwiches into tiny heart shapes for children over the age of 5 and plastering it on social media. Give the poor child a full sandwich and stop wasting food!
Also to that sandwich-maker: stop showing off and being boring at the same time!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Being called guys in restaurants. We were four women and were asked "Everything ok with you guys?" Just " Is everything ok?" is sufficient. So Americanized.

Reactions: 11
Being called guys in restaurants. We were four women and were asked "Everything ok with you guys?" Just " Is everything ok?" is sufficient. So Americanized.
Someone called me "dude" on here the other day.

Talking about Americanised my mum got a telling off from her dad for using American speech as the norm. Guess what she had said...

OK

So your "is everything OK" would have had my grandad fuming 🤣

I hate it when kids talk in what I call a youtube voice not only that but seem to do everything in a way that suggest they are being filmed or viewed

Reactions: 13
I hate it when people say your name at the end of every sentence! 😠

I think it can sound quite patronising

Lunch box idea videos. Oh such perfect mums 🙄

Agree about Apple phones. I have the older iphone SE and even though the battery was replaced it’s still tit. It just can’t cope! I just like the size of the phone so haven’t upgraded

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
When the comments section of a YouTube video is disabled, especially if it is a documentary or film. I like reading other people's opinions.

Reactions: 15
When people gather around train doors and don't leave a gap for people to get off!

• Angry
When people gather around train doors and don't leave a gap for people to get off!
Haha was talking to my brother about this the other day. This didn't happen when we were younger because the doors were not sliding anyone too close would get a wack around the head 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Recently I've had a few tech troubles - the bfs PS5 has been crashing and we did all the reset options to try and fix it but to no avail, and because I bought it all the info is under my name so I had to get in touch with PlayStation support. The waiting time wasn't that bad but I feel like whenever I talk to customer service on the phone regarding tech issues they assume I'm daft!! I prefaced the conversation saying I followed all the information on the PlayStation website to troubleshoot the issue only for the guy on the phone to ask if I had looked on the website🙄😤 I just said I did!! Peeves me off

Reactions: 4
Lateness

SIL offered to babysit today so I could meet a friend for coffee and go for a haircut

Very kind to offer however she was 45 minutes late with unanswered texts/phone calls and no apology when she arrived, it’s the second time she’s babysat and the first time she was 30 mins late as well

it’s the absolute height of rudeness

Who does that? It's plain weird.

On another note - people who slam doors! I live in a complex and the two neighbours on my floor keep slamming their doors on their way in/out. Absolutely hate it. Doors have handles for a purpose!!

Reactions: 9
Lateness

SIL offered to babysit today so I could meet a friend for coffee and go for a haircut

Very kind to offer however she was 45 minutes late with unanswered texts/phone calls and no apology when she arrived, it’s the second time she’s babysat and the first time she was 30 mins late as well

it’s the absolute height of rudeness
That is rude - and you were no doubt late for your friend, which may have had a flow-on effect with her schedule getting mucked up too - very annoying.

-------------------

I was talking to a man earlier today, and he kept looking at my chest, then my legs - I really wanted to say, "Oi, up here!" It seems to be a regular thing though - men and women do it (and no, I'm not anything special to look at). I find that extremely annoying and rude.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.