Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who tell stories like this when really they just want to tell everyone “hey look at me I’m still wearing a mask, even though no one cares anymore”.
Oi, they still ask that you do on public transport!

I hadn't thought anyone might misinterpret that as virtue signalling, I dislike wearing them

Reactions: 5
The weather

(and yes, I will whinge again when it's cold dark and raining)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oi, they still ask that you do on public transport!

I hadn't thought anyone might misinterpret that as virtue signalling, I dislike wearing them
If you live in a place where its not the law i.e not Scotland then don't wear it. You said they "ask" you wear it, that doesn't sound too me like it's the law. I mean, for those that want to wear it fine but when you don't and its not the law then 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
The weather

(and yes, I will whinge again when it's cold dark and raining)
I’d expand on this by saying I hate how it’s too cold to go out in anything ‘spring’ like in the morning but by lunch it’s absolutely boiling

it’s also that weird time of year where people are either still wearing coats/hats/scarves or in full summer gear

I never know what to put on 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wow, why does your friend think you should have to foot the bill? You know you'd never get it back also, if they keep asking I can't see them getting it back to you.
Funny enough said friend also has an online slots problem and will only ever ask for money to be transferred into her bank account. Despite the fact she lives on my street. Fair dos in the past she has always paid me back on time but my niggling issue is once I said I shall no longer be borrowing money anymore she will use her kids needing something as “their school has sprung something on her at the last minute” as a reason why she needs it. And I can’t bare people who do that.

Reactions: 1
This might be niche to my area, but I can't stand mum and baby/toddler groups. I go once a week (although I'm considering stopping) and the parents that go are so lazy. Most of us have 1 toddler and 1 baby, so the toddlers run around and play while the mums sit and chat with the babies.

But the problem is, they act like they don't have a toddler. I was having a conversation with one of the mums but keeping an eye on my son. Her son shoved mine to the ground, and she didn't see (or if she did she didn't let on) so I had to go over, help my son up (he was in a cast) and tell the other boy to not to do that.

I know they all probably think I'm such a helicopter parent but I don't care. I am just as quick to go to my son if I see he's taken a toy from another child. When their children are in playgroup/ nursery they expect them to be supervised but they can't be bothered to do the same.

They're also so boring. All they do is witch and moan about their kids and husbands. No books they've read, no TV shows they like or dislike, nothing.

I thought I'd missed out during lockdown taking my son to mum and baby groups, so made an effort to take him with his baby brother this time round and I'm starting to think I didn't miss much.

Sorry for the long post, really needed to vent and I have no mum friends who'll understand 😅

I’ve got two under two but also an older school aged child and my health visitor and mental health team are always like ‘get yourself out to some mum and baby groups’ erm no Thankyou luvvies ,I’m meant to be improving my mental health not making it worse !

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't know what to wear either. It's nice and warm in the sun but chilly in the shade and breeze

Reactions: 11
When someone needs to cough but they don’t; instead they keep clearing their throat every 30 seconds

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Funny enough said friend also has an online slots problem and will only ever ask for money to be transferred into her bank account. Despite the fact she lives on my street. Fair dos in the past she has always paid me back on time but my niggling issue is once I said I shall no longer be borrowing money anymore she will use her kids needing something as “their school has sprung something on her at the last minute” as a reason why she needs it. And I can’t bare people who do that.
Jeez! I’d never lend money to a friend as things can get complicated. If she pulls the kids card, that’s on her, not you. Surely any sensible parent would have money set aside for kids as something always comes up. It’s her problem, not yours.

People like this really piss me off 😂😂😂 Just incase that wasn’t obvious

Reactions: 7
Jeez! I’d never lend money to a friend as things can get complicated. If she pulls the kids card, that’s on her, not you. Surely any sensible parent would have money set aside for kids as something always comes up. It’s her problem, not yours.

People like this really piss me off 😂😂😂 Just incase that wasn’t obvious
Oh it pisses me off no end too and I learnt the hard way not to borrow money to friends anymore. I never used to begrudge lending out a small sum if it was indeed for a one off emergency but once I did that, I would then find the borrower asking every week. Taking me for Wonga. Honestly I felt like slapping interest on sometimes! Like I say when I made it clear to them I am no longer borrowing money out they would shoehorn a sob story about their kids needing things into why they need the money. People should stay on top of their own finances and make sure their children/household have what they need before succumbing to their vices and relying on others. And furthermore if they can’t afford said vice - give it the duck up!

Personally I can’t bring myself to and won’t borrow money from people. I just can’t be that person and would rather go without. Maybe it’s because growing up my parents had a lot of pride and didn’t like us accepting things from other people, no matter how hard off financially they were.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Oh it pisses me off no end too and I learnt the hard way not to borrow money to friends anymore. I never used to begrudge lending out a small sum if it was indeed for a one off emergency but once I did that, I would then find the borrower asking every week. Taking me for Wonga. Honestly I felt like slapping interest on sometimes! Like I say when I made it clear to them I am no longer borrowing money out they would shoehorn a sob story about their kids needing things into why they need the money. People should stay on top of their own finances and make sure their children/household have what they need before succumbing to their vices and relying on others. And furthermore if they can’t afford said vice - give it the duck up!

Personally I can’t bring myself to and won’t borrow money from people. I just can’t be that person and would rather go without. Maybe it’s because growing up my parents had a lot of pride and didn’t like us accepting things from other people, no matter how hard off financially they were.
I was taught to only if I can afford it. I've lent my parents large sums of money. I was living at home at the time so just lived rent free.

Switched from the pill to injection yesterday. Why of all the places it has to be injected, why must it be my backside? It hurt!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
People saying it’s summer because it’s a bit sunny. Did everyone forget spring exists? It’s March ffs. That’s not summer.

Reactions: 20
The local council only cut the grass week before last and dong it again today. I know it was last week as the children collected twigs from outside to decorate a frame for their mum for mothers day and as soon as they had finished the mowers came round

it's not even grown at all

Reactions: 3
People saying it’s summer because it’s a bit sunny. Did everyone forget spring exists? It’s March ffs. That’s not summer.
People do this at the other end of the year as well, start chatting on about autumn in the middle of August 🥴

Reactions: 3
When people ask a question on a thread that they could very easily answer by just having a quick seach on Google. Then there's 10 replies on the thread all giving the same answer.

There's no need to disturb the thread, just check it out yourself 🤷‍♀️!!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.