Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The top is 'domed' for want of a better word, and brownish, and the bottom whiteish and usually you slice between the two, some supermarkets slice thru the middle of the top
I’ve only seen this on hot dog buns and honestly, they don’t make me mad 😆 I went through a phase where I was obsessed.

When the brain goes: “I see you enjoyed watching XYZ, how would you like to see more things like it?” and then shows weird dreams.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People taking selfies with the bent knee or foot off the ground pose. Stop it! You look ridiculous.

Reactions: 14
The top is 'domed' for want of a better word, and brownish, and the bottom whiteish and usually you slice between the two, some supermarkets slice thru the middle of the top
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. You slice between the dome and the flat side. I don't see how else you can slice it. Weird these supermarkets you mentioned.

Reactions: 1
This might be niche to my area, but I can't stand mum and baby/toddler groups. I go once a week (although I'm considering stopping) and the parents that go are so lazy. Most of us have 1 toddler and 1 baby, so the toddlers run around and play while the mums sit and chat with the babies.

But the problem is, they act like they don't have a toddler. I was having a conversation with one of the mums but keeping an eye on my son. Her son shoved mine to the ground, and she didn't see (or if she did she didn't let on) so I had to go over, help my son up (he was in a cast) and tell the other boy to not to do that.

I know they all probably think I'm such a helicopter parent but I don't care. I am just as quick to go to my son if I see he's taken a toy from another child. When their children are in playgroup/ nursery they expect them to be supervised but they can't be bothered to do the same.

They're also so boring. All they do is witch and moan about their kids and husbands. No books they've read, no TV shows they like or dislike, nothing.

I thought I'd missed out during lockdown taking my son to mum and baby groups, so made an effort to take him with his baby brother this time round and I'm starting to think I didn't miss much.

Sorry for the long post, really needed to vent and I have no mum friends who'll understand 😅

Reactions: 20
This might be niche to my area, but I can't stand mum and baby/toddler groups. I go once a week (although I'm considering stopping) and the parents that go are so lazy. Most of us have 1 toddler and 1 baby, so the toddlers run around and play while the mums sit and chat with the babies.

But the problem is, they act like they don't have a toddler. I was having a conversation with one of the mums but keeping an eye on my son. Her son shoved mine to the ground, and she didn't see (or if she did she didn't let on) so I had to go over, help my son up (he was in a cast) and tell the other boy to not to do that.

I know they all probably think I'm such a helicopter parent but I don't care. I am just as quick to go to my son if I see he's taken a toy from another child. When their children are in playgroup/ nursery they expect them to be supervised but they can't be bothered to do the same.

They're also so boring. All they do is witch and moan about their kids and husbands. No books they've read, no TV shows they like or dislike, nothing.

I thought I'd missed out during lockdown taking my son to mum and baby groups, so made an effort to take him with his baby brother this time round and I'm starting to think I didn't miss much.

Sorry for the long post, really needed to vent and I have no mum friends who'll understand 😅
I didn’t get on with baby/toddler groups either, so you’re not alone. It’s a shame really but I just felt so awkward and found them rather cliquish. I spent more time keeping an eye on my children than actually chatting to the other mums. My sons have autism and weren’t interested in playing with other children, just doing their own thing. They’d play games and my children just weren’t able to engage. It just seemed pointless tbh.

Reactions: 7
Paying £2.70 for a small bag of chips on our way home walking the dog and they weren't even chippy chips 😭😭😭 Just oven chips that had been fried. They were mis-sold and I may be entitled to compensation.

More annoyed that I broke my 16 month streak of not eating chips for such a disappointment haha

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

I didn’t go to any groups like this, but there were quite a few birthday parties and it was always awkward, was a relief when they were over.

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure if it is a little thing but friends who can’t manage their own finances and constantly ask to borrow money with the intentions of paying it back in dribs and drabs.

A friend of mine asked to borrow £15 because she needed to buy “red nose day stuff” for her 3 kids to wear to school the next day, I said no. Come Friday morning she asked if she could have £3 as she didn’t have the money for the donation they had to bring. I said I didn’t have that either - it really annoyed me that she was expecting me to fund her kids Red Nose Day. Sorry but simply make do with what you have laying around no need to go out and buy special merch and if you can’t afford to make a donation - just don’t! Said friend asked to borrow money the day before world book day too because one of her kids decided last minute she wanted to go as something else! 😡 again I had “no money”! It annoys me when people don’t get the hint! Or use their kids to pull the heart strings to borrow money from others.
Wow, why does your friend think you should have to foot the bill? You know you'd never get it back also, if they keep asking I can't see them getting it back to you.

. Spineless companies that are below par/corrupt change their name after too much negative press.
Just don't be tit 🤷‍♀️
Are you talking about Evri/Hermes?

Reactions: 4

Think we go to same group 🤣

there’s a group of Mums at mine who’s toddlers run riot, I heard one say that shes never sat with her son at these groups just sits back with a tea and let’s him play

Not sure if that was a dig at me who was sat playing with my daughter and following her whenever she was off… as she’s crawling mostly into danger (I.e out the door, off to eat the glue 🤣) and I sit with her as she plays as the older kids have no sense of space and she’s too little to get the idea of moving out the way etc 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Think we go to same group 🤣

there’s a group of Mums at mine who’s toddlers run riot, I heard one say that shes never sat with her son at these groups just sits back with a tea and let’s him play

Not sure if that was a dig at me who was sat playing with my daughter and following her whenever she was off… as she’s crawling mostly into danger (I.e out the door, off to eat the glue 🤣) and I sit with her as she plays as the older kids have no sense of space and she’s too little to get the idea of moving out the way etc 🤷‍♀️
That would be funny if we did 😂

I could honestly complain for days about it but I don't want to go all mumsnet over here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When you're waiting for a train and you start sniffing, and just KNOW as soon as you put your face mask on and get on your nose is going to run and there's not much you can do (my current situation)

Reactions: 5
When you're waiting for a train and you start sniffing, and just KNOW as soon as you put your face mask on and get on your nose is going to run and there's not much you can do (my current situation)
People who tell stories like this when really they just want to tell everyone “hey look at me I’m still wearing a mask, even though no one cares anymore”.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
People who tell stories like this when really they just want to tell everyone “hey look at me I’m still wearing a mask, even though no one cares anymore”.
Yeah, but I’d rather someone wear a mask who potentially has a cold or virus, rather than sneezing all over the place.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.