Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
When websites charge for delivery
I’m so used to not paying delivery charges now that when I shop on a website that does it’s not okay 🤣

buying chocolate from Hotel Chocolat who annoyingly have a delivery fee no matter how much you spend
I buy it through Next have it delivered to store for free 🙌

Reactions: 1

Rainbow1

VIP Member
I’d expand on this by saying I hate how it’s too cold to go out in anything ‘spring’ like in the morning but by lunch it’s absolutely boiling

it’s also that weird time of year where people are either still wearing coats/hats/scarves or in full summer gear

I never know what to put on 🤣
Point proven today was full on sunshine and 19 degrees and sooo many people wearing puffer coats and wooly hats!

I had nice spring clothes on I.e t shirt and felt like I was the odd one out

Leo100

VIP Member
Yes, I have the same reaction whenever I hear people using such language.

It comes from African American women and it always bothered me when people try to use their language and act like them.
Oh wow really I didn't know that , never heard the phrase until this site

People that “reply all” when there is really no need.
When I receive group/team emails at work and its something you may want to ask questions on there's always "do not reply all" in bold 😅

• Haha

1001 others

VIP Member
Gluten free bread ... it rarely tastes fresh and spongy like regular bread.

The touchpad on my laptop ... it keeps re-enabling itself when a Windows update comes through (another annoying thing all on its own, and even though I disable it through both settings and restart, it's still bloody working! It does eventually turn off by itself but annoys me in the meantime.

Rainbow1

VIP Member
That’s a good test!
It’s worked well (mainly cos I’m lazy and can’t be bothered to iron all the time ha plus I think about how it’s going to wear if I’m sat in car/restaurant etc don’t want to go to effort of ironing if it looks terrible after merely sitting wearing it
Sooo many times I’ve taken things back to shops and they look so badly creased and I’m having to insist they’ve literally just been sat in bag 🥴

all clothes should be non iron in my opinion 🤣

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
For anyone who's interested in my long-running dishwasher saga:

The old one was taken away yesterday and the new one (secondhand) was installed. The nice repairman offered to take it away for me - which I gratefully accepted, thinking it would be easier than having to stuff around with listing it on Marketplace for spare parts and being mucked about by people (as is often the case).

Anyhoo, he called me this morning to say he found the cause of the issues ... it seems we have had, at some point, a little mouse eat through some of the cables right at the back underneath ... so far back that it's not normally where they'd check for faults. We've had that dishwasher for years, and renovated our kitchen about four years ago, during which time we found a few carcasses (sounds gross I know, but we live in the country and previously our kitchen had a few portals for the mice to come in through). He suggested that the dishwasher was holding on but as a result of being moved when we had him in last time, it probably put further pressure on what was already holding on for dear life, causing it to break.

The new (secondhand) one is fabulous ... we are very happy!
It's a very odd one isn't it, I would never have suspected my plug socket was the cause of mine as it worked, but just didn't work properly. You think if the electricity was at fault then it just would not work at all. Mine works perfectly in another socket. I always fix my own appliances and if I had not found out about the socket in my case, I would have just put it down as one of those things. But at least now a few people here including us will look at that as a possablity for the future.

Glad your replacement is a good one. I loved my son's old dishwasher. it had a pull-out drawer for cutlery at the very top of the machine, rather than the basket.. life-changing!

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
When you’re trying to drive more economically to make the tank last longer because of the price of fuel but other drivers are twats and keep causing you to do things like stop and break unnecessarily. Wasting my fuel and my time smh.

1001 others

VIP Member
You might have already checked but is it definitely heating the water? I was having the same problem and it took weeks before I realised what the issue actually was.
It's definitely doing that ... I have to leave the door down slightly for a good 20 minutes before emptying it because everything is so hot.

Bogwoppit

VIP Member
My dishwasher (I'm sure this is making a repeat mention in these pages).

It won't clean the dishes properly, despite my trying two tablets (in the rack as well as the dispenser) ... half the time it won't even release the one in the dispenser.

I have had the repairman around twice, and he cannot find anything wrong with it. The first time he came, it performed perfectly on a 90 minute cycle (he went to another job and returned later), and continued working well for a month. Then it started playing up again, so I called him out. Again, it worked perfectly for him - just doing exactly what I do - and continued working well for a couple of weeks.

Now, it's playing up again and it's driving me maaaaaad! I even tried different tablets, and powder, in it, to no avail. Plus I bought a cleaning thing and ran it through, and have checked its waste bits and pieces aren't clogged. I'm about to throw the darned thing out the window! The repairman is booked for Thursday, which feels far too far away.
My dishwasher is like this too, cleaned it out, shove the tablet in the dishwasher itself instead of the tablet dispenser, yet my cups especially keep coming out with food on them, I even set it to a pre wash, it’s worse if I put bowls in that have cereal on them like weetabix or shreddies & if put plates in off the roast dinner (I do scrape the food off everything) you can feel the starch on the cups had someone out to look at it as well but can’t find anything wrong with it!

IMissDi

The crossing at the end of my road is a pain in the arse, have to wait for 3 separate flows of traffic to pass before I can cross and I always get there just as it's starting up again
I have similar problem trying to cross my main road. Sometimes there is a big gap of traffic from the right side of the road. But there is a lot of traffic coming on the left. And then by the time there is a big gap on the left there is a build up of traffic from the right.🤪

Twertle

Thankyou for that, will pop out if I can muster the energy to get some probiotics. The chemist did suggest them but I stupidly said no because I thought I’d be fine 🙄

Kitt

VIP Member
Blimey to find one oldy that does that you must miss seeing at least half a dozen younger people walking out into the road on their phones Unless you live in an old folks complex.

a whole group walked out in front of me the other day at night in dark clothes complete with hoodies I slammed my brakes on and not one even looked up. I call them the rubber people 🤪
Yeah the town where I work is ridiculous. Just driving down the high street you’ll have at least 3 old people walk out in front of you not looking or caring. It’s like a thing there. Drives me mad cause it’s every. time.

Hope96

VIP Member
New thread. Carry on all!

Previous thread:

Last edited:

Leo100

VIP Member
The level crossing near my house 😠 actually gives me rage everytime I see the red lights start flashing! It was fine until they upgraded it , the old version was actually alot quicker