Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

April89

Chatty Member
I feel like this is a little thing, that is increasingly becoming a big thing. I’ve always been hesitant to post about it as it sounds too harsh…but…

I have some older relatives who don’t have the usual (etiquette? Can’t think of a better word!) when it comes to social media and messaging apps.

Long story short - I want one message at a time!!!

Reactions: 2

Melian

VIP Member
There is one woman who does this constantly on the school parents Facebook page. Despite there being a school app that updates go on, emails going out and leaflets in school bags, this woman will take herself to the Facebook page every single time ‘is it dress down day tomorrow?’. I have been tempted to reply ‘download the app’ a fair few times. She just makes herself look like an idiot. Yes we’ll do all the work for you, just post the question rather than taking the few minutes to look for yourself 🙄

This has triggered a weird rage in me I didn’t know was there 😆
This makes me glad that we didn't have whatsapp and other SM when I was at school.

SaintLeo

VIP Member
I'm glad others have this issue. Apparently, I'm just over sensitive!
Why TV companies put the speakers at the back of a TV when most people now mount their TV on the walls.
And vice versa, why people stick a TV on their wall when volume is at the back - then insist on blasting their volume.

My neighbours have a TV on their bedroom wall...their bedroom is connected to my bedroom...

Might as well be sleeping with the 'Love Island' contestants myself, I can hear every. fucking. word.
I used to have this problem with my old neighbours. I could even work out stuff they were watching on streaming services because I could hear the tv so clearly!

Al Fresco

VIP Member
Everything is damp too - not dripping wet thanks to the Rinse Aid, but definitely from being in contact with hot water.

Today, following a couple of loads - which I tried on the 'glass' cycle it dislodged the tablet properly from its little spot, and it also did a fairly decent wash - not perfect, but better. I think it's tired! (I normally just run it on the longest cycle).

I've even opened it up mid-cycle to check that hot water is circulating.

I just pulled it out of its slot and played around with the hoses (just moving them a bit), plus I checked the spray arms don't have any debris on them and aren't blocked ... I checked the filter, too ... all is as it should be I think.

Roll on Thursday, when our new (secondhand) one will be installed.
I know I’m going to sound like someone from the Department of Stating the Bleeding Obvious but have you unplugged it and left it for a while? Only reason is that mine went weird last week and no matter what I did it wouldn’t stop switching itself on to a cycle, even if I just opened the door, put something in and closed it. It sorted itself out after I switched it off.

Leo100

VIP Member
When commenters ask celebs/influencers what their ‘secret’ is when asking about their youthful looks and it’s quite obviously a shit ton of plastic surgery. I just want to comment back ‘seriously?’ But I don’t, I just come here and moan about it 😂
Yeah same as when they do "make up free" probably after a facial, dermaplaning (however it's spelt) , spa day and any expensive skin treatment you can think of without a spot or blemish in sight

JOHN1967

VIP Member
People who zone in on one thing about themselves and mention it all the time.

People on the shorter side often LOVE to bring up how teeny tiny and cute they are. Quite often it’s people who aren’t even unusually short!!

Same with people who are young looking - constant references to it even out of context. I know someone who is in her early thirties (maybe a bit younger or older but about that age) she is very attractive, and seems very nice, but she always posts on social media ‘trying to make myself look older for this event’ or ‘do I look old enough to go to my child’s parents evening?’ I find it so tiresome!
Yes, if you scraped all that makeup off, you look plenty old enough. Mutton dreessed as lamb.

Melian

VIP Member
periods

Getting moaned at because there's a post flood thing, meaning I have to wait to post.

ouroboros

VIP Member
Ok right this is such a niche thing but I used to live near near one of these and for some reason it makes me roll my eyes every time I drive past. So the “beefeater” chain of pub/resturants had a rebrand a few years ago - the name “beefeater” was referring to the type of guards outside the palace (the ones who wear those fancy red suits). Now they have just changed it to a picture of a cow. So the name beef eater now literally just means…. Eating beef 😂 like why did they have to dumb it down, did people not understand what a beefeater was.

Also when packs of sweets have lemon/lime/orange flavours in them, does anyone even like these flavours? I swear there’s always more than the red/purple ones too! Same goes to tins or chocolate - quality street especially. One of their chocolates Is just a square of chocolate in a wrapper… if I wanted plain chocolate I’d get a dairy milk.
Absolutely cannot stand the orange ones, they go in the bin. And there is always more of them. Joke!

conrea37

VIP Member
Metranizadole? Used for horrid conditions like gonorrhoea (no I haven't had it, I just know!) and it literally kills everything else too!
I dont remember which one it was but the itchy side effect I remember all too well 😬

• Sad

lasttime

The new Samsung update... it's ruined everything I liked and made two hours of colour coding shifts and appointments in my calander pointless.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Now on youtube when you hover over a video there's an annoying pop up asking if you want to play it later

Reactions: 1

Captainmouse

VIP Member
The use of full beams in the dark.
Some drivers follow me with them on, dazzling my rear mirror, and others don't turn them off when coming the opposite way :cautious:
Plus added fog lights

They are probably not full beam, but normal main beam, More and more cars are being built with ultrabright headlights.

I live down the country lanes and when you see a car in the distance lighting up the sky for 20 miles you actually have to prep yourself to try look through the light, not at them.

I've seen petitions to get rid of them, see police say how they are the cause of many accidents and many people can no longer drive at night because of them. Whenever I see a headline that says about a tragic accident and no one knows why the car left the road etc I in my heart know its because they were probably blinded.

Some say it's because of our eyes and we should get them checked but even my grandchildren are blinded, what could be a pain in the arse in America due to how wide their roads are can be deadly here due to how narrow our roads are here.

My grandchildren other grandparents cannot drive at night at all anymore.
Driving home last night a gaggle of blokes all in dark clothing all crossed the road as we were driving towards them luckily we see their faces but if a car with bright lights had been coming the other way and blinded us?
Have you tried the yellow glasses?

Last edited:

Melian

VIP Member
A friend thr

I used to have a mate who would ring people for one or two rings just to get their attention if a message hadn’t been replied to :(
Is the reason why you used to be friends related?

Spoke to GP 5 days ago and was prescribed some medication. I know we've had Bank Holiday, but I've only just got a message saying it's in. I'm fine now. (It wasn't ordered until Friday afternoon)

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-01-20 21.33.50.png

Leaving aside the debate about whether or not clothing brands could ever be truly sustainable... ZARA!? Really? Zara!?