Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

conrea37

VIP Member
I was taught to only if I can afford it. I've lent my parents large sums of money. I was living at home at the time so just lived rent free.

Switched from the pill to injection yesterday. Why of all the places it has to be injected, why must it be my backside? It hurt!
They can do it in the thigh too if that helps

Reactions: 1

1001 others

VIP Member
My dishwasher (I'm sure this is making a repeat mention in these pages).

It won't clean the dishes properly, despite my trying two tablets (in the rack as well as the dispenser) ... half the time it won't even release the one in the dispenser.

I have had the repairman around twice, and he cannot find anything wrong with it. The first time he came, it performed perfectly on a 90 minute cycle (he went to another job and returned later), and continued working well for a month. Then it started playing up again, so I called him out. Again, it worked perfectly for him - just doing exactly what I do - and continued working well for a couple of weeks.

Now, it's playing up again and it's driving me maaaaaad! I even tried different tablets, and powder, in it, to no avail. Plus I bought a cleaning thing and ran it through, and have checked its waste bits and pieces aren't clogged. I'm about to throw the darned thing out the window! The repairman is booked for Thursday, which feels far too far away.

blueblueindigo

Watching a youtube video on the tulip craze and the youtuber constantly mispronounces the name Mackay despite having a whole team and google to double-check :rolleyes:

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Burger King - it has just gone awful. It's going on my blacklist.
I've not had burger king for a couple of years but always preferred it to McDonalds. What always put me off about Burger King though was I always had to wait ages to get served whichever one I went to

Melian

VIP Member
Buying 2 packs of what I thought was AAA batteries, thye were AA which I rarely use. (I'm visually impaired and sometimes it's hard to read certain packaging)

ouroboros

VIP Member
When you're glued to your phone all day because you're waiting for a call, and then it rings the second you get distracted by someone knocking at the door/attending to a screaming child, etc.
This usually happens to me, expect I get weigh laid and then realise my phone was on silent all along! 🤣

• Haha

no-no

VIP Member
I want a chicken big mac! We have one mcd near us and it always seem to be sold out but i don’t understand..

husband and I wanted it, they didnt have any left apparently so i got a mchicken sandwich and he got a big mac instead 🥴 it doesn’t make sense.

You have the chicken, you have the sauce…

• Sad

tspnwn

For me it's TV shows set in "Britain" where they feature actors and actresses from all over the UK, but if they are from Wales, Ireland or Scotland (or even the north of England!) they are forced to put on a very particular English accent. It's no wonder some Americans think there is a universal "British accent", it used to annoy me but when I think about it I actually can't blame them when it's like that. What exactly is wrong with a Scottish accent, for example? It's an actual joke. Perhaps I'm a little sensitive but having spoken to peers I truly don't believe I can be the only one who feels this way. Shows like Vikings for example, where Ireland and Scotland for example had their place in the Viking era of the UK's history yet the TV show made it seem as though it was purely the English who had any kind of involvement with them. Again I could be particularly sensitive but a friend described it as "almost cultural erasure" and I actually agree.

Al Fresco

VIP Member
My dishwasher (I'm sure this is making a repeat mention in these pages).

It won't clean the dishes properly, despite my trying two tablets (in the rack as well as the dispenser) ... half the time it won't even release the one in the dispenser.

I have had the repairman around twice, and he cannot find anything wrong with it. The first time he came, it performed perfectly on a 90 minute cycle (he went to another job and returned later), and continued working well for a month. Then it started playing up again, so I called him out. Again, it worked perfectly for him - just doing exactly what I do - and continued working well for a couple of weeks.

Now, it's playing up again and it's driving me maaaaaad! I even tried different tablets, and powder, in it, to no avail. Plus I bought a cleaning thing and ran it through, and have checked its waste bits and pieces aren't clogged. I'm about to throw the darned thing out the window! The repairman is booked for Thursday, which feels far too far away.
I have a Fisher and Paykel double drawer dishwasher. It’s a year old as I left my other one, which was 11 years old but in perfect condition, at my old house when I moved. It was expensive but a great investment and I loved it. From day one, the new model was nowhere near as good as my old one, everything about it is poorer quality. Anyway, I’ve noticed that it’s extremely temperamental in cleaning anything properly unless it’s a flat plate etc and if I put anything in it like a bowl or pan, it’s hit and miss whether the jet spray reaches it properly. I’d suggest you try out just doing plates, cups and things and see how it does, compared to bigger, rounder items. Like me, you might end up having to do more, less crowded loads. The only benefit I have is that at least I can put the two drawers on at the same time😞

ETA Despite being able to previously just use 3 in 1 tablets, I have to also add rinse aid and salt. I’m in a hard water area which does affect it.

Last edited:

rivermonster

VIP Member
Wanting to book a table for Mother’s Day at a nice restaurant and they want full payment up front (it’s a set menu)
I would maybe expect a deposit but full payment seems a bit much?
I know of a few places that are doing this now especially on days like Mother's Day.

1001 others

VIP Member
The Summers where I am are getting hotter and hotter, to the point of being unbearable.

It's 8:54pm as I'm typing this, and the temperature out on my deck is 27 degrees Celsius (inside, it's 42). At is hottest temperature outside today, it was 34.

In a few months' time from now, I'll be whinging about how Winters are getting colder.

That reminds me! My friend updated on Facebook that her father died just before Christmas and her relative responded with a thumbs down emoji!
A friend does that sort of thing - when I asked her why once, she said it was because she didn't like that had happened. Could be a lost in translation thing?

When you want to play a new board game but the instructions are too complicated and don’t make sense! Gives me the rage and then I don’t want to play 🤬
I'm like that with instruction manuals.