Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dishwasher went strange for a bit. I pulled it out and made sure the plug was in and the pipe was straight .. I didn't push it as far back and plugged it in another socket and has worked fine since.
Was very strange. I always manage to fix my own dishwashers washing machines etc. I google the fault and go from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
On threads like the ‘fashion trends you can’t stand’ or ‘make up trends you can’t stand’ when people write what they can’t stand and someone replies saying, ‘omg I do that’ or ‘feeling personally attacked’ or ‘oh I love mine’ I’m not arsed mate still can’t stand it

• Haha
Reactions: 15
On threads like the ‘fashion trends you can’t stand’ or ‘make up trends you can’t stand’ when people write what they can’t stand and someone replies saying, ‘omg I do that’ or ‘feeling personally attacked’ or ‘oh I love mine’ I’m not arsed mate still can’t stand it
Oops I do that!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You sound like a dishwasher expert so I’m sure you know everything but do you use dishwasher salt and rinse aid???? When mine doesn’t clean stuff properly and I top up and salt and rinse aid everything is shiny again
Haha - no way am I a dishwasher expert! I use the capsules that have a coating which self-dissolves, as well as rinse aid. I also tried using Finish powder, but that didn't work either. I don't typically rinse my dishes before they go in the dishwasher (you're not meant to, and the capsules package even mentions it), but even if I do that they still come out a bit dirty.

I actually went and bought a secondhand machine today. I got it for $50 which is a bargain! It's a Haier, like this one, but in far better condition. So, when the dishwasher man comes back on Thursday it will be to install this new one. I will sell our existing one as 'good for parts' - I'm sure someone'll be keen.

I have a Fisher and Paykel double drawer dishwasher. It’s a year old as I left my other one, which was 11 years old but in perfect condition, at my old house when I moved. It was expensive but a great investment and I loved it. From day one, the new model was nowhere near as good as my old one, everything about it is poorer quality. Anyway, I’ve noticed that it’s extremely temperamental in cleaning anything properly unless it’s a flat plate etc and if I put anything in it like a bowl or pan, it’s hit and miss whether the jet spray reaches it properly. I’d suggest you try out just doing plates, cups and things and see how it does, compared to bigger, rounder items. Like me, you might end up having to do more, less crowded loads. The only benefit I have is that at least I can put the two drawers on at the same time😞

ETA Despite being able to previously just use 3 in 1 tablets, I have to also add rinse aid and salt. I’m in a hard water area which does affect it.
That's a very interesting point ... I will try smaller loads until the replacement gets installed. I did clean the jet sprays, thinking they were the issue, to no avail. Mine is a Haier, which is Fisher & Paykel's budget brand. It's very annoying because up until a few months ago, it worked perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Update: I tried two small loads - one in the top rack, one in the bottom rack ... and everything came out dirty.

Bloody thing! :mad:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
When websites charge for delivery
I’m so used to not paying delivery charges now that when I shop on a website that does it’s not okay 🤣

buying chocolate from Hotel Chocolat who annoyingly have a delivery fee no matter how much you spend

Reactions: 6
I’m so used to not paying delivery charges now that when I shop on a website that does it’s not okay 🤣

buying chocolate from Hotel Chocolat who annoyingly have a delivery fee no matter how much you spend
I buy it through Next have it delivered to store for free 🙌

Reactions: 1
I’m not sure if it’s just the Liverpool Zara but please god WHY do they have the perfumes in the middle of the queue??? I just don’t get it you cannot look at your leisure as people think your trying to push in, plus in a pandemic why encourage people to be so close??

Really bothers me I feel like emailing 🙈I wanted to buy presents at Christmas and just gave up!
Is it just me!?!?

Reactions: 6
I spent almost three hours yesterday going through the thousands of photos on my phone, highlighting the ones I wanted to put into a file for possibly printing out later. I was down to the last couple of hundred when my phone died before I had clicked add to file and I lost the lot. Need to do it all again 😡

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I feel like this is a little thing, that is increasingly becoming a big thing. I’ve always been hesitant to post about it as it sounds too harsh…but…

I have some older relatives who don’t have the usual (etiquette? Can’t think of a better word!) when it comes to social media and messaging apps.

Long story short - I want one message at a time!!!

Update: I tried two small loads - one in the top rack, one in the bottom rack ... and everything came out dirty.

Bloody thing! :mad:
You might have already checked but is it definitely heating the water? I was having the same problem and it took weeks before I realised what the issue actually was.

while I’m on one the same applies to clothing websites that don’t offer free returns

once bought some gorgeous dresses online but unfortunately just didn’t suit, had to pay £13 to return them 🤯
Would love to re order but it’s put me right off

You might have already checked but is it definitely heating the water? I was having the same problem and it took weeks before I realised what the issue actually was.
It's definitely doing that ... I have to leave the door down slightly for a good 20 minutes before emptying it because everything is so hot.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.