Little things in life that annoy you immensely #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes compulsive liars.
I have a friend who is one. It’s draining

I think she does it out of insecurity but I wish she would stop
There was a thread on just this subject. The stories were mad! Can't remember what it was called but worth a search.

when people take a biscuit out the packet but don’t seal it back up so when I come to have one it’s soggy and minging
Invest in a biscuit tin.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The little toe toenails, why do they grow like that? They’re bumpy, hard and you can never paint them correctly. It looks so strange

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People who park on dropped kerbs or over (their own) driveways. Our neighbours keep doing this and we can’t get on our own drive!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
People who park their cars on their drives but leave the back half covering the PUBLIC pavement... I’ll just push my daughter onto the main road to go around your car, shall I? If it’s still like that tomorrow I’ll go back and leave a note. I’ve honestly thought about having pre-made notes to leave on cars to whip out when I need them 🤦🏻‍♀️

People who park their cars on their drives but leave the back half covering the PUBLIC pavement... I’ll just push my daughter onto the main road to go around your car, shall I? If it’s still like that tomorrow I’ll go back and leave a note. I’ve honestly thought about having pre-made notes to leave on cars to whip out when I need them 🤦🏻‍♀️
Check with your council whether its allowed. Where I live it's banned so if parking wardens come across a car on the pavement they issue a ticket . A friend of mine takes photos of reg and street name and sends to the council. She has a double buggy for twins so sometimes has to step out onto the road a few cars back because the buggy doesn't fit between parked cars.

Reactions: 2
Those "open and reseal" bags of rice.
The fuckers never open in a way that you can reseal them.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Reversing a car. I had a car coming towards me through the temporary traffic lights nearby - I couldn’t see this or the red light till fairly close … had to reverse with loads of vans and cars either side. It was a horrible and annoyingly stressful; how dare they not go back themselves. I’ve even got a rear-view camera and I‘m still crap at reversing. (Can’t parallel park, either.)
Me neither. I swear I only passed my test first time because I got 3 point turn as the required manoeuvre (the only one I could do without any problems) 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Me neither. I swear I only passed my test first time because I got 3 point turn as the required manoeuvre (the only one I could do without any problems) 😆
I failed mine twice, and reversing was one of the reasons both times!

Reactions: 1
People who think that because they’re on a 3 lane motorway it’s okay to drive at 50mph in the left lane. Specifically when your exit is coming up and you get stuck crawling behind them for an entire mile

Hub leaving toilet seat up
Hub leaving no toilet paper
Delivery person ringing bell and knocking door and not bothering to wait more than a few seconds
Cream crackers I have a problem with them going stale and once stale they’re inedible

Reactions: 6
Living with someone who leaves a trail of destruction when making a sandwich.
Cupboard door left open, lid not put back properly on the butter, crumbs in the tub of butter, more crumbs on the floor than on the worktop, bread packet left open, two plates used, three knives used, cheese not sealed properly, ham hanging out of the packet.
Men 🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
People who think that because they’re on a 3 lane motorway it’s okay to drive at 50mph in the left lane. Specifically when your exit is coming up and you get stuck crawling behind them for an entire mile
Yes! Or when you’re on a single carriageway and someone comes on in front of you and drives 30 until they come off at the next junction 😡

• Angry
I had a friend in my old job who was a compulsive liar and we drifted apart when I stopped working there but I always wonder if anyone she is still friends with has had a similar experience to me and noticed the lies. I wouldn't care but some of the stuff she made up ended up getting me in tit , hard to explain without going into a life story lol
I hate compulsive liars and I don’t care what causes it ( I’m a witch I know) we have one at work
Dear god the tit she comes out with 🙄

What people who have never knowingly experienced these people don’t realise is, that they lie about EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING …. Sometimes the lies are easy to spot
but sometimes they are subtle
so subtle that unless you knew it was a lie you would believe it … oh it’s infuriating and worrying and very dangerous

People think they are lovely but don’t know them

People believe them as they are believable

They make you distrust anything and everyone and you get to the point that unless you see it with your own eyes you don’t believe anything

Just remember - some people lie all the time just because they can - to them it’s like breathing

Reactions: 12
When people say "road trip" when really its just a long drive. People need to understand the actual meaning of it , I realise how petty I sound but had to get it off my chest 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Staycation does not mean going on holiday in your own country, that is a holiday. A staycation is staying at home but doing day trips, ie country house, Lego land gardens etc
i know not why this winds me up

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Putting a fitted sheet on the bed and you put the short side on the long edge or vice-versa.

• Haha
Staycation does not mean going on holiday in your own country, that is a holiday. A staycation is staying at home but doing day trips, ie country house, Lego land gardens etc
i know not why this winds me up
I actually did not know this 😳 however its not a phrase I use anyway

Reactions: 4
When a couple splits up and everyone piles on to the person who ended it.
Are they supposed to just stay unhappy?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.