Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband doing half a job. For example he’ll do a pile of dishes (great, you say) but always, without fail, leaves a few things still needing washed lying on the counter. And it’s all I can see when I walk in the kitchen.

He’ll hoover and EVERY TIME he’ll leave the cable lying all over the floor and will leave it like that all day and walk around/trip over it.

He’ll put a washing on then completely forget to take it out and it’ll go all smelly and he’ll need to wash it again.

He will put clean dishes that have dried on the draining board on the side instead of where it belongs in a cupboard or drawer. So I’ll think it’s dirty and go to wash it (cos I hate things lying about, as per above).

And so it goes on 😂 I know I shouldn’t complain as he is a good guy but it makes me feel better to get these irks off my chest!

Reactions: 8
Predictive text, mine actually makes words up that don't even exist, it's memory should work better knowing I've never used the words it predicts 🤷‍♀️
Every time I put “Hi Mum” it changes it to “Hi Kim”. I don’t even know a Kim ffs.

• Haha
Humans: Loud chewers. Slow walkers. (pre-rona): Cretins that stand on the left side of escalators/travelators. People that suddenly stop in front of you. People that stop to chat tit in the middle of the entrance/exit instead of standing to one side out of the way.

Dogs: can do any of the above 😂 💖 Bloody love dogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Humans: Loud chewers. Slow walkers. (pre-rona): Cretins that stand on the left side of escalators/travelators. People that suddenly stop in front of you. People that stop to chat tit in the middle of the entrance/exit instead of standing to one side out of the way.

Dogs: can do any of the above 😂 💖 Bloody love dogs.
Agree with all of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
People are still slow walks with rona and that's even more annoying

• Haha
Reactions: 5
How the iron cord is getting more and more kinked and always gets caught up on the head of the ironing board. All irons seem to do this eventually.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Every time I put “Hi Mum” it changes it to “Hi Kim”. I don’t even know a Kim ffs.
My phone corrects "who" to "Whi" and "you" to "Hou". Why??? Who and you are really common. The alternatives aren't even words!

Reactions: 3
My phone corrects "who" to "Whi" and "you" to "Hou". Why??? Who and you are really common. The alternatives aren't even words!
I know you probably know this but, if you have an iphone, you can add words to your lists that they then don't amend. I can now happily type 'duck' with the knowledge that it won't amend it to duck. Life changing :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
When folk don’t put the divider at the end of their groceries on the supermarket conveyor belt thingy. Honestly it fills me with such rage and I become so passively aggressive, like who the hell raised you?!!!

Reactions: 7
People who don't say excuse me, just linger behind you awkwardly for 60 bleeping years waiting for you to notice. Why are we Brits so bloody socially awkward

People who edge forwards at traffic lights. We are not going anywhere pal stop it

Jobsworths with bugger all common sense (ohhh sorry computer says no type people)

When men disregard anything useful you have to say because you're female. Like how could I possibly know what's right, I've got tits. (Ahem, we're having building work done atm and the builder asked the plumber to do some TOTALLY unnessecary stuff which I know is unnessecary as I used to work in building projects, yet no one listened when I said we don't need this thing done, and we now have to pay plumber loads of extra money for the bastard job which wasn't needed in the first place)

Phew, thanks for coming to my rant haha

Reactions: 6
People who don't say excuse me, just linger behind you awkwardly for 60 bleeping years waiting for you to notice. Why are we Brits so bloody socially awkward
So annoying! It's like that on the bus now. Usually when people are sitting in the window seat and want to get up, it would be the polite thing to say excuse me to the person seated next to you. Instead, people just stand there and wait for you to move . Now with COVID nobody sits next to eachother so that's one annoycance out of the way. :LOL:

When folk don’t put the divider at the end of their groceries on the supermarket conveyor belt thingy. Honestly it fills me with such rage and I become so passively aggressive, like who the hell raised you?!!!
Imagine this: I've seen people leaving their actual basket on the conveyor belt, I kid you not. Also a couple of fools who left their empty trolley in front of the person who was behind them and walk off!!!

Last edited:
  • Angry
People that constantly park over my driveway but think it’s ok because ‘ I’m only to be quick’ . Drives me insane.

Reactions: 4
when you're already in a stinker of a mood and your coat gets caught on the door handle. Why does this only ever happen when I'm already in a mood?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Pushing in, queue jumpers, no way will I ever let anyone get away with this in front of me and I never do it myself. When the Covid crisis started and there were massive queues outside supermarkets, there were fights here over this.

Pushing in, queue jumpers, no way will I ever let anyone get away with this in front of me and I never do it myself. When the Covid crisis started and there were massive queues outside supermarkets, there were fights here over this.
I hate a queue jumper. I do always enjoy it when you're in a queue which somebody has jumped and another person in the queue starts loudly gobbing off about it.

I hate when my partner comes up with stupid unrealistic punishments for our kids. For example telling them he will throw any toys away that don’t get put away when they’re done playing. It’s a stupid thing to say and it’s not gonna happen so why bother trying to scare them into compliance? Why not just say you will confiscate the toy instead? why does it have to be so drastic? We’re not gonna throw perfectly good toys into the bin so why even say that? They will see for themselves that it’s bollocks, I certainly won’t be willing to do that. Confiscate for a period of time fine, literally taking the toy away for ever over such a small ‘crime’, not fine.

Called him out on it and now he’s upset with me. Don’t come up with such bleeping stupid consequences then. Think!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Companies that are still hiding behind Covid as an excuse for providing shoddy or non-existent customer service.

when you're already in a stinker of a mood and your coat gets caught on the door handle. Why does this only ever happen when I'm already in a mood?
And your dressing gown when you need the loo desperately!🙈😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.