Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This may not be little....but when your employer uses covid as an excuse.
I have been asking since October to use some of my holidays. A nice week off or the odd weekend off would be nice. But when we try we are met with a no, when we ask what days are available for holiday they say we don't know, its lockdown so its not like you can use the holiday to go anywhere.
Same over Christmas, they were begging for overtime and if we said no we got asked why and told its covid tier 4 so its not like we can go see people or go anywhere. Should not have to explain why you cant work extra hours, we are not obliged to do so in our contracts so duck off.

Its got right on my tits!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It really annoys me and makes me cringe when celebrities are apologising for something and they ‘promise to do better’. I appreciate the sentiment if they have caused offence but it just sounds like a naughty child being told off. It’s degrading. But it seems to be the norm now. Or worse when someone tells someone to do better or be better. It’s so patronising 😬

Reactions: 8
Home school moan - the way my son rubs out a mistake he’s written in pencil but doesn’t wipe away the bits of rubber and tries to write over it 😩 and when you tell him he shouts at you 😬😬😬

Just home schooling in general, it goes waaaaaay beyond annoying, it’s a nightmare .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
When an influencer asks for questions for a Q&A and people write "How are you?" or "How are you feeling?" Ugh. So lame and sycophantic.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Predictive text, mine actually makes words up that don't even exist, it's memory should work better knowing I've never used the words it predicts 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
People who, when I tell them I'm hearing impaired, speak louder for one or two words then drop back to what sounds like murmuring to me.

On a similar note, facemasks that don't have a clear panel so I can lip read.

And this is why I prefer to stay at home.

When an influencer asks for questions for a Q&A and people write "How are you?" or "How are you feeling?" Ugh. So lame and sycophantic.
Haha ... similarly, absolute nobodies who make an 'ask me anything' post and most people are probably wondering who the heck they are! 🤭

Reactions: 4
The way people completely freak out over drones on my local Facebook page. Someone found a drone in their back garden that someone had obviously lost, they had posted to try and find the owner. Half the comments were from people saying that if they had found it in their garden they would have smashed the thing up because they are paranoid that they get used to ‘spy’ on peoples living rooms. If they knew anything about drones they would realise that most drone cameras aren’t that good/aren’t designed to be able to see clearly through a window from outside. They are generally used for taking long distance photos from above, not for spying on your neighbours. They are also noisy, so not exactly a discrete way of spying. Yet the mere mention of drones gets people frothing.

Anyway it turns out the drone was a kids one that belonged to a 6 year old boy who had gotten one for his birthday the day before and had lost control of it whilst playing with it in his own garden. Bet those people saying they’d smash it up feel like proper dick heads now.

Reactions: 3
The way people completely freak out over drones on my local Facebook page. Someone found a drone in their back garden that someone had obviously lost, they had posted to try and find the owner. Half the comments were from people saying that if they had found it in their garden they would have smashed the thing up because they are paranoid that they get used to ‘spy’ on peoples living rooms.
I just don't get why people are paranoid, we are leaving our digital footprint everywhere. If someone really wants to spy on you, I don't think drone is the only thing. If a burglar wants to break into your house, I don't think smashing a drone will stop them lol.

Reactions: 5
Tissue paper left in the trouser pocket and ducking ( 🤦🏻‍♀️) up my entire washing including the washing machine.

Parents who think they are better than others because their precious have no/little screen time.

see it being preached on instagram a lot and by one of my fellow nct mums now,

now i’m not saying i’m a perfect parent or screen time is great but I really do believe it has helped my DD for her speech and imagination, esp the last year where she hasn’t seen people.

When strangers (i.e. on dating sites) but x at the end of the message. You've never met me, why the hell are you putting kisses

( I never put them on messages anyway as I think they're pointless)

Women who fake moan to everyone about having a ‘tiny waist but big bum’ and how hard it is to get jeans to fit. Or those that struggle to find bras or bikinis as they have such ‘small frames but massive boobs‘.

I get it but it’s all so fake.

When people use their childrens names as their instagram username eg sarah_peter_sam - why?

Or their job title in their bio....does anyone care?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.