Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talky radio first thing in the morning, it‘s like being pecked around the head with words. My husband will put it on if he’s up first, yack, yack, yack, I can’t stand it. I need silence!
Same! I like music in the morning but can't stand a load of inane yapping!

Reactions: 5
people who, after they've unloaded their shopping at the till, put their shopping baskets on the stack with the handles turned inward so the next person's basket won't stack properly.

Bastards!

• Angry
Reactions: 6
When it's proper sunny and the sunlight shines in on the room you're in and it points out the mess in that room 😂 I'm not a scruff, I tidy up but that little bit of sun proper points out the certain bit you forgot to dust

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People in the office who make a cup of tea then leave the teaspoon they used to stir with on the worktop rather than just putting it in the sink. So you're left with a tea stain on the worktop and a dirty spoon to contend with when you go to make yourself a drink. Lazy gits.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
People in the office who make a cup of tea then leave the teaspoon they used to stir with on the worktop rather than just putting it in the sink. So you're left with a tea stain on the worktop and a dirty spoon to contend with when you go to make yourself a drink. Lazy gits.
YES.
Then those who leaves Dirty cups... but those who also leave a cup of tea coffee etc to literally grow mould in it but never take to kitchen never wash.. always for someone else to do since we don’t all like to work in pig tit.

then the next on from this THE MICROWAVE. Literally when it’s covered in dried on food and stains 🤢 horrible dirty gets. I don’t use the work on no more I think I’ll either become very ill or become immune to all diseases from using it!!

Reactions: 7
My husband does this in the house 😩 I moan about it and he tells me to get a grip. Working from home together is reeeeeallllly testing our marriage 😬

Reactions: 1
People that put cups/plates in the sink at work when the dishwasher is underneath the sink 🤬

Reactions: 2
Same! I like music in the morning but can't stand a load of inane yapping!
I wake up to the Radio in the morning, but what gets on my wick is the
DJ who has to announce his name at 8AM, yes we know who you are!!

Zoom quiz meetings - my friend was getting overly excited over one with her work the other day (which was out of work hours). Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry than sit with people giggling because someone is on mute 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
When someone says 'I will get it done now' but 2h laters it's not done. :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: 9
There's a woman at work who constantly refers to us collectively as 'guys' during video calls.
'Guys, we only have an hour so shall we get started'
Shut up, you're not monica from Friends

You're carol from croydon

• Haha
Reactions: 7
YES.
Then those who leaves Dirty cups... but those who also leave a cup of tea coffee etc to literally grow mould in it but never take to kitchen never wash.. always for someone else to do since we don’t all like to work in pig tit.

then the next on from this THE MICROWAVE. Literally when it’s covered in dried on food and stains 🤢 horrible dirty gets. I don’t use the work on no more I think I’ll either become very ill or become immune to all diseases from using it!!
It was like that where I used to work, the microwave was splattered with food and the sink was full of dirty pots floating in stagnant water. I wouldn't have anything to do with it and either just used to eat fruit walking round town or buy a sandwich from Greggs etc.
Also what was bad was people namely men who would never ever make drinks for anyone but were always the first to accept when someone was making a round of drinks. I would only make my own because I'm not going to be a servant to anyone.

Reactions: 3
There's a woman at work who constantly refers to us collectively as 'guys' during video calls.
'Guys, we only have an hour so shall we get started'
Shut up, you're not monica from Friends

You're carol from croydon
You think that's bad, a guy I know refers to his friends as girls. I think he might be gay or bi or whatever is the inthing these days.

Fortunately he doesn't consider me close enough to call me his girl.

For example he says me and the girls went out last night, or let's go girls.

• Sick
Thought of another as well. Previous workplace two senior managers who were women used to throw their used T bags in the sink instead of putting them in the pedal bin which was next to the sink. Dirty and disgusting or what? and these were people on 50K. Money doesn't buy class sadly.

Reactions: 4
When people sign off emails with 'BR' and 'KR' instead of 'Best Regards' and 'Kind Regards'. Whyyy! Today, I've had a couple of email exchanges with a work contact who does this. It really grinds my gears.

Similarly to this is the people who will text or leave a comment on my socials with 'HBD' instead of 'Happy Birthday' 🤬

Reactions: 2
YES.

You would think people would have more sense especially now where hygiene is more important than ever.
I arrived in work today....Crumpled paper towels on the work top, bits of coffee in the sugar, coffee granuals on the worktop, teaspoon dumped on the worktop and splashes of milk everywhere.....and all this person did was make one cup of coffee. Not sure who it was though, assumed it was one person as just one teaspoon was left out. I ended up clearing it up, we have a cleaner but I felt bad leaving that for him. Dread to think what peoples homes are like.
As of Monday I am taking a flask and a coolbag with my lunch in it. Cold lunches for me as I am not even touching the microwaves at work, they are a bio hazard. I also suspect the fridge is growing something too. 🤢🤮🤢

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.