Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Parents who decorate their children's bedrooms white or grey
Kids like colour!
Yep defo a pet hate of mine! When my little one was a baby the health visitor commented on the fact we had colourful toys (as well as black and white toys as they are good for babies too). She said a lot of people were buying toys and things to match their living rooms (at the time it was beige and ‘earth tones’ but has been replaced with grey and grey/pale pink in recent years). I can’t imagine caring more about the aesthetic of my house than my child’s development and enjoyment.

Reactions: 9
Influencers who do that pointing thing to show where their new side board or whatever is going to go, if that makes sense? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My upstairs neighbour who seems to believe she lives in a huge detached mansion & therefore makes more noise and banging on the floor than should be humanly possible 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I know it’s been said before a million times but I really, really hate rich celebrities showing off the free stuff they get sent. I just can’t process it. Rich people who can afford to buy overpriced expensive items showing off their ‘gifts’ to people who can’t afford them. WHY?

Reactions: 7
My appointment for my CT arrived in the post TODAY..... I had the scan 4 days ago!

The only reason I had the scan was that I was phoned up because the appointment location was to be changed.
Had the location remained the same I would have lost the appointment and could have been months before
getting my scan.

Reactions: 2
Parents who comment on google classrooms via their kids profiles every day to say the school work for the day has been ‘completed’. We all know it’s not the kids typing that. Just comes across as smug. The teacher can see who has submitted the work and who hasn’t she doesn’t need to be told every time and I don’t need to be reminded of my incompetence because I haven’t got my kids to complete anything yet and my laptop has crashed 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 9
My appointment for my CT arrived in the post TODAY..... I had the scan 4 days ago!

The only reason I had the scan was that I was phoned up because the appointment location was to be changed.
Had the location remained the same I would have lost the appointment and could have been months before
getting my scan.
Royal Mail seem to be snowed under lately. Had a friend have a similar issue!

When you're wearing a big coat and its unnecessarily difficult to keep the strap of your bag on your shoulder. It just keeps sliding off and the puffiness of the coat makes it really difficult to get it on your shoulder in a good spot

• Haha
Reactions: 16
When someone asks a question on a public page on Facebook for example on a local area page someone might say "does anyone know what the new shop in the town is going to be?" Then multiple people will reply with the same answer. If I see someone has already replied then I leave it , why do people have to be the one to answer like they are special and have special inside info or something. I see this daily and it winds me up

• Haha
Reactions: 11
When people, more so influencers but noticed a lot of just average people on my IG have started doing it, asking a question that could easily be googled. 'Anyone know any local window cleaners in ____ area!?' Just google it ????

• Heart
When people, more so influencers but noticed a lot of just average people on my IG have started doing it, asking a question that could easily be googled. 'Anyone know any local window cleaners in ____ area!?' Just google it ????
Yeah or houses to buy/rent and jobs.

I understand some people might have done all they can already and are using Facebook as a last resort but sometimes when people reply say check right move or indeed and they say thanks like they haven't already tried them 🤯🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Vinegar bottles.

9 times out of 10, when I buy a bottle it comes with its own sprinkler. So all I have to do is tip the bottle upside down and give it a good shake over my food.

However, I bought an own-brand bottle yesterday, and just naturally assumed it had its own sprinkler when I unscrewed the cap. Tipped the bottle upside down and was about to give it a shake, when a flood of vinegar came streaming out saturating my home-made fries along with my piece of cod and worktop!

My own mistake I guess - I just assumed sprinklers came with all vinegar bottles. Seems not!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Vinegar bottles.

9 times out of 10, when I buy a bottle it comes with its own sprinkler. So all I have to do is tip the bottle upside down and give it a good shake over my food.

However, I bought an own-brand bottle yesterday, and just naturally assumed it had its own sprinkler when I unscrewed the cap. Tipped the bottle upside down and was about to give it a shake, when a flood of vinegar came streaming out saturating my home-made fries along with my piece of cod and worktop!

My own mistake I guess - I just assumed sprinklers came with all vinegar bottles. Seems not!
Are you back in the UK, maybe it's a foreign thing.

Parent run instagrams for their children. Don’t get them, never have, never will. I don’t have instagram myself regardless, it’s of no use to me but, what is the need for thousands upon thousands of strangers to see your children and have access to photos of them? Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Reactions: 8
Cyclists on the pavement when there is a perfectly good bike lane (recently covered, no potholes/debris) right next to the pavement. Esspecially when they come up behind me in my blind spot and then look annoyed that I didn't realise they'd be there.

Strangers who tightly hug you the first time that they meet you (such as in a new job or at a new social/hobby club.) Esspecially if they want to kiss you on the cheek as well. If people want to hug when they are friends with me that's one matter but, if I don't even know your name, why are our chests pressed together with your arms around my waist?

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.