Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Facebook ‘friends’ living in Australia posting pics of them living a normal life. Hugging each other and out for dinners, obviously no face masks or social distancing. It’s great they are at that stage with the virus but with so many people struggling in other places around the world I just find it insensitive and that they trying to be smug. I should mention that the people I’m talking about are all from the UK and have emigrated to Oz/NZ. A few have even said ‘I’m so glad I’m living here and not back in the UK’. Yeah I’m sure you are but I don’t need to hear you gloat do I??

I know I sound bitter!!
I have British family in Australia and don't feel this way when i see their pics as they would share pics like that before the pandemic and I know how tough they had it when they were in lockdown. My cousin in particular had some personal issues and was quarantined on her own for a long time so I'm glad she's able to mix now.

However that's only my personal opinion on my family and completely understand why you feel like that especially if they are making smug comments about the UK that would wind me up too. I feel like the UK is the joke of the rest of the world. We just get bad news after bad news

Reactions: 1
I have British family in Australia and don't feel this way when i see their pics as they would share pics like that before the pandemic and I know how tough they had it when they were in lockdown. My cousin in particular had some personal issues and was quarantined on her own for a long time so I'm glad she's able to mix now.

However that's only my personal opinion on my family and completely understand why you feel like that especially if they are making smug comments about the UK that would wind me up too. I feel like the UK is the joke of the rest of the world. We just get bad news after bad news
Pics like that make me more annoyed with our Govt then anything as their handling of this pandemic has been woeful.

Reactions: 4
People who talk over you or are late with out reason. It just says you aren't important...

People who talk over you or are late with out reason. It just says you aren't important...
completely - if they can manage to get to work or catch planes on time then they can manage to meet me on time. I find it even worse when they seem to be proud of it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
When lessons are not learnt. Example; The Daily Fail reporting on a shortage of timeslots, when supermarkets can deliver groceries to customers. In the same article, they state that there is a shortage of products withn supermarkets - thus causing a panic amongst the population - thus said population start panic buying. Highly irresponsible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Going back to grammar/spelling when people write been instead of being

Reactions: 3
I've just been watching an interesting documentary, about an American singer. One of the talking heads on the programme, mentioned the singer reaching the "Zenith" of his career. He used the American pronouciation of the letter Z!
Aggghh!
I stopped watching after that.

• Haha
People misusing the phrase "I couldn't care less"
It seems more prevalent among US people/tv shows but many say "I could care less" - in the context they are using it literally makes zero sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People that start messages with 'I mean'

Someone I know writes it in almost every message she sends 🤬

When people stare at you in the street for trying to entertain your baby when he's crying or whinging

So what if I'm singing wind the bobbin up at the top of my lungs? What's it gotta do with you!?

• Haha
When people don't know how to print double sided. If a document is landscape please flip on the short edge. Bugs me immensely when you flip a page over and its upside down

• Heart
When people don't know how to print double sided. If a document is landscape please flip on the short edge. Bugs me immensely when you flip a page over and its upside down
Having had no real and immediate to know which was which, I always just click and hope for the best when the option comes up (home printing only!). It's like my brain couldn't work out which was which (that must sound so dense of me).
Now you've said it, it makes perfect sense so now I know. Thanks!

ETA- I knew how to double side print, it was the short side, long side thing that was confusing).

Having had no real and immediate to know which was which, I always just click and hope for the best when the option comes up (home printing only!). It's like my brain couldn't work out which was which (that must sound so dense of me).
Now you've said it, it makes perfect sense so now I know. Thanks!

ETA- I knew how to double side print, it was the short side, long side thing that was confusing).
Yeah, just imagine it like a book, where would you want to turn it

• Heart
My PS4 is being a little witch and will not start up as it normally should. This has been a recurring thing for a while, I’ve already had to factory reset the thing and lose all my save data once, I don’t want to have to do that again. Really starting to get on my nerves now. It’s fine for a while but every now and then it just decides to not boot up properly and starts demanding I factory reset. Sometimes it fixes itself but other times it gets stuck in this loop and I don’t know why. I always turn it off properly, the first time this happened was actually after my partner unplugged it without turning it off, since then it’s been so temperamental.

The worst part is I have the money put aside for a ps5 but can’t get one for toffee.

My clatty witch of a neighbour fly tipping in the lovely wee woodland area behind our street 🤬

• Angry
  • Wow
I just read an article in the Daily Mirror about jobs and they claim a Bicycle Courier can make £22,808 a year!

That is impossible unless you are a MOTORCYCLE courier like I am.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.