Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who have conversations on the phone in public and have speakerphone enabled 😡. Nobody wants to hear that!

Reactions: 4
People who have conversations on the phone in public and have speakerphone enabled 😡. Nobody wants to hear that!
I was in a card shop last year and someone was on facetime to her daughter who was showing her baby clothes from the house while the person was looking at cards I wanted to look at , I sound nosey as hell but I wasn't looking could just hear everything they were both saying 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
And those who play their rubbish music on their speaker as they walk down the street. You're on the highstreet mate calm down.....

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Or even when the phone isn't on loud speaker, but you can hear the owner repeating "yes", "yeah", "yeah", "oh yeah", "yes", "Oh really?", "Yeah", "Yeah", "Okay then. See ya! bye bye bye bye bye"

• Heart
My next door neighbours putting their bin bags next to my wheelie bin when they’ve got their own bin they could put them next to 😡

Reactions: 1
Or even when the phone isn't on loud speaker, but you can hear the owner repeating "yes", "yeah", "yeah", "oh yeah", "yes", "Oh really?", "Yeah", "Yeah", "Okay then. See ya! bye bye bye bye bye"
the worst is when I was I used to work in retail and was waiting to serve some one and they'd be on the phone. Used to do my head in! Especially during the christmas rush.

My next door neighbours putting their bin bags next to my wheelie bin when they’ve got their own bin they could put them next to 😡
Omg we have communal bins and there's this one wanker who never breaks down his cardboard boxes. Break them down ffs you selfish prick!

Reactions: 1
I'm just annoyed I didn't see this clip last month!!!! I would have posted it here and got people laughing.

Well here it is, better late than never.

When someone asks a question on a public page on Facebook for example on a local area page someone might say "does anyone know what the new shop in the town is going to be?" Then multiple people will reply with the same answer. If I see someone has already replied then I leave it , why do people have to be the one to answer like they are special and have special inside info or something. I see this daily and it winds me up
Ill go one further on this. Ive seen it on tripadvisor and travel forums a lot. Someone will ask a question like "How far away is the closest market to the hotel?" and someone takes the time respond "Don't know"

Drives me mad haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Ill go one further on this. Ive seen it on tripadvisor and travel forums a lot. Someone will ask a question like "How far away is the closest market to the hotel?" and someone takes the time respond "Don't know"

Drives me mad haha.
Haha 🤣 same as amazon on the question section, I know amazon email you the questions when you have bought something but why not ignore it if you don't know 😆

Reactions: 3
The "I'm going to tag 50 of you and make you post a black and white picture as some form of empowerment" that keeps coming round on Facebook. Got tagged by 3 different people yesterday and seen multiple posts on my facebook feed today (all with a very annoying font)

Reactions: 6
The inconsistent English language.

You can have "cow" and "cows", but not "sheep" and "sheeps" Why?
You can have "Money" and "Monies" but not "Journey" and "Journies" Why?

What is the point of silent letters? "Gloucester" for example - what's the point of the "u"... and the first "e" come to that. And why not an "s" instead of a "c"?

Why have similar sounding words that mean totally different things? ("Where", "were" and "wear", for example)

I know that's just the way it is, but it still bugs me

Reactions: 3
When influencers, or anyone else really, keep posting things like "be positive about lockdown and focus on the fact you now have time to focus on you and improve yourself" what time? I probably work more than before now and nothing changed for me since the summer apart from not being able to go to the gym. Yes, very lucky to still have a job but it just does my head in

Reactions: 8
When influencers, or anyone else really, keep posting things like "be positive about lockdown and focus on the fact you now have time to focus on you and improve yourself" what time? I probably work more than before now and nothing changed for me since the summer apart from not being able to go to the gym. Yes, very lucky to still have a job but it just does my head in
it does my head in as well when celebrities in particular say tit like this because I'm like... easy for you to say when you're in isolation is a mansion with a pool and a cinema! You wouldn't say the same if you in a 2 bed flat with your 4 person family living in it!

it does my head in as well when celebrities in particular say tit like this because I'm like... easy for you to say when you're in isolation is a mansion with a pool and a cinema! You wouldn't say the same if you in a 2 bed flat with your 4 person family living in it!
Definitely, so patronising!

I agree. Linked to this too is when they start trying to be less nauseating by going on about be 'grateful' the whole time but they just use the term interchangeably with smug 'feeling smug grateful about my house, feeling smug grateful about my family'. Often then followed by #blessed.

• Haha
When people (at work or home) feel the need to ask me where I'm going just because my bum has left my seat. I'm only off for a wee or to make a drink ffs.

Also, off the back of that, I hate at work how you can't just make yourself a drink without someone expecting one made for them too? I don't drink hot drinks. I only drink water or squash at work, so why should I stand and make 18 cups of coffee when I only wanted to fill my glass with tap water?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.