Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cyclists on the pavement when there is a perfectly good bike lane (recently covered, no potholes/debris) right next to the pavement. Esspecially when they come up behind me in my blind spot and then look annoyed that I didn't realise they'd be there.

Strangers who tightly hug you the first time that they meet you (such as in a new job or at a new social/hobby club.) Esspecially if they want to kiss you on the cheek as well. If people want to hug when they are friends with me that's one matter but, if I don't even know your name, why are our chests pressed together with your arms around my waist?
Omg hugging is my worst nightmare, even with friends. One friend hugged me once (pre covid) and I stood there stiff and asked if she was OK 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Omg hugging is my worst nightmare, even with friends. One friend hugged me once (pre covid) and I stood there stiff and asked if she was OK 🤣
Oh no, my pet hate is people like you 🤣 I hate a cold hugger. I love hugs. But hate hugging and cheek kissing relatives esp my in laws. One of the upsides of covid is I’ve avoided that for ten months! Love hugging my own mum though ☺

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh no, my pet hate is people like you 🤣 I hate a cold hugger. I love hugs. But hate hugging and cheek kissing relatives esp my in laws. One of the upsides of covid is I’ve avoided that for ten months! Love hugging my own mum though ☺
I quite like hugs if I know that they are incoming and can mentally prepare myself for the physical contact but I also just freeze when hugged unexpectedly. Then, because I freeze the first time, everyone assumes I just hate hugs and never tries again.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My parents were never huggers so I probably get it from there. Can't say I can even remember when (*if) I've ever hugged my mum and definitely have never hugged or cheek kissed my inlaws 🙅🏻‍♀️🤣 BUT because of that I overly hug my kids, just no one else 😆

Reactions: 6
People who don't pick up their dog tit, or those who do then leave the bags hanging from a tree 🤨

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Or the people who leave it there and just stick a bit of kitchen roll over it. If you brought kitchen roll with you, why not bags?!

Edit - I once saw someone confronted after they bagged it and left it in a field. They said they were planning to collect it on the return leg - a likely story.

Reactions: 2
I'm not a big hugger. I do like affection and I do hug, just when it's needed or appropriate and not just generally as a form of saying hello.
I very kindly explained to my mother in law once that I don't really do hugging hello because it makes me feel awkward. She literally ignored it and just carried on doing it every time we met. So now if they come to ours, I make sure I don't answer the door and then I just join them later so avoid hugging.
It's harder to avoid if we go there (pre- Covid obvs).
What's weird is her husband is not a hugger and has made it clear he doesn't like it, so you'd think she'd understand.
My Father in Law and I say hello from a suitable distance away from each other, with no hugging (you know, like normal people 😉😜😬).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My husband asking me where something is instead of just looking for it. He’ll be next to the tin cupboard and ask me do we have any beans? I DON’T KNOW, WHY DON’T YOU LOOK IN THE CUPBOARD YOURSELF?! He’s like a helpless child at times.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.