Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VIP Member
I'm just annoyed I didn't see this clip last month!!!! I would have posted it here and got people laughing.

Well here it is, better late than never.

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Vinegar bottles.

9 times out of 10, when I buy a bottle it comes with its own sprinkler. So all I have to do is tip the bottle upside down and give it a good shake over my food.

However, I bought an own-brand bottle yesterday, and just naturally assumed it had its own sprinkler when I unscrewed the cap. Tipped the bottle upside down and was about to give it a shake, when a flood of vinegar came streaming out saturating my home-made fries along with my piece of cod and worktop!

My own mistake I guess - I just assumed sprinklers came with all vinegar bottles. Seems not!
Are you back in the UK, maybe it's a foreign thing.

weeweegie

VIP Member
My boss insists that during team Zoom "catch-ups" (twice a day now we're all working from home) everyone must have their webcam on all the time so she can see we're paying attention and are dressed. This kind of nannying does my head in - we are all adults. What difference does it make whether we are dressed? We're not in the office where clients, etc. might be present and have to adhere to company dress codes. If someone wants to wear pyjamas all day in their own home they can do it! Several years ago I could not get work and was put on a "restart course" by the Job Centre. They told us part of the reason we were expected to show up every day was to make sure we'd get out of bed and would be used to having a routine when we started work. I found that beyond insulting, being unemployed does not mean someone spends all day in bed! (And if they do, they probably have depression or other mental health issues and need more help than the Job Centre can give)

Are you familiar with the poem "Rising Five" by Norman Nicholson?
No what’s that?

VIP Member
Lack of communication!!

Today was a perfect example, you would think people can communicate with all the methods these days, you would be WRONG!

Picked up a package this morning, it's going to deep Surrey, I get sent to deepest Kent to pick up another package going to the
same address in Surrey. I arrive at the address in Kent, the contact isn't there and the mobile is going Voicemail. The package is
suppose to be ready from 12PM.

It sounds like the contact wasn't expecting me at all, so company who arranged the collection didn't clear it with the contact in
Kent. The contact either ignored the missed calls or simply didn't notice them which didn't help matters.