Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

newtoyou

VIP Member
I've never seen the films or read the books so I'm not sure. It's an awful name though IMO. Renee or Esme are fine names alone. Why combine the two? 😂😂🤮
In twilight they named the baby that after her two grandmothers 😅 So bad

• Haha
Reactions: 1

JOHN1967

VIP Member
Humans: Loud chewers. Slow walkers. (pre-rona): Cretins that stand on the left side of escalators/travelators. People that suddenly stop in front of you. People that stop to chat shit in the middle of the entrance/exit instead of standing to one side out of the way.

Dogs: can do any of the above 😂 💖 Bloody love dogs.
Agree with all of them.

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
Our local council says as far as the pavement goes pedestrians have right of way over people excercising and I see loads more councils doing the same. I've got a pushchair and two kid walking and I'm expected to step in the road to let them pass. They've now put up a big sign down by the river path where I live banning joggers and cyclists between 9 and 6pm. I wouldn't tar all with same brush. Most aren't arrogant and entitled but there's been a good few who are.
I mostly run on a cycle path. It's a shared path so don't see why people just going on a walk with their child would have a priority 😅

FriendlyBoa

My TV remote is about to die. No spare batteries of course. And of course being a smart TV its a real faff trying to change channel via an onscreen menu and a touch sensitive bezel.

Back in the old days you had good old fashioned buttons on your unsmart TV. Press a button, channel changed, job done!
How smart is it? Can Alexa change the channel?

Raininvain

VIP Member
Pushing in, queue jumpers, no way will I ever let anyone get away with this in front of me and I never do it myself. When the Covid crisis started and there were massive queues outside supermarkets, there were fights here over this.

weeweegie

VIP Member
This emoji 😋 esp when it’s about food, it just makes me wanna 🤮

I also hate the wink 😉 emoji, it’s so patronising.

Yep, I spend way too long on my phone 😁

• Haha

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Another pregnancy related one for me-

i have GD and can only have eggs for breakfast as anything else raises my sugar levels- so SICK of eating eggs every freaking day now, just want a slice of toast with butter 😭
I love eggs and eat at least 30 a week, but nope not for every breakfast. Have you tried baking low carb bread? Plenty of recipes out there if you are so inclined.
Something else we low-carbers do is save some dinner for breakfast, or have lunch at breakfast time. I love a burger with a slice of cheese on it.( also a egg sorry) that's what I m having this morning

I joined Britbox and had a problem as it won't let me watch things from where I left off. I emailed support and they said/asked all the normal things. reboot, what device, what is that device serial numbers. on and on it went. They pass me to someone else who asked the same questions. Then they say they know of the problem and to wait while tech sorts out a fix

They then email me weekly to say we are still working on it and to let me know they have not forgotten. this has been going on for a long time
Yesterday get an email to say

Oops something went wrong

Hi,

Thanks for your recent contact to BritBox, unfortunately we’ve had a glitch with our inbox which has meant some replies have gotten stuck.

If you still need our help please can you reply to this email with a description of the assistance you need.

Many Thanks

BritBox Customer Service Team

😡😡

Last edited:
  • Heart

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
That, and that usually you have to pay an admin fee of around £30 either to cancel the policy or to make the smallest of changes to an existing one
Aviva done to this me! Auto renewal 3x the price of the previous policy, despite never having claimed. Called to tell them to fuck right off and had to pay £40 to cancel. Absolute bastards. Would never use them again

no-no

VIP Member
When you’re either in a video call or listening to live TV/radio and time is limited or someone says “we’ve got 20 seconds be quick” and the person starts rambling on building a scene or keeps going “er... er... er...”. GET TO THE POINT. I have to have myself on mute in some meetings because there are a few people (usually outside of work) who say “just a quick point” and it ends up going on for over 3 minutes and they go off on tangents 😤 really winds me up.

Fofoca

Chatty Member
I know I'm not your friend also bc I'm friend less 😬
Always found them dry tbh, can't believe i never thought of butter lol thanx for enlightening me (y)
let me know how you get on! And if you end up being #teamtop we can be friends and eat our fav parts together in virtual harmony. Or even if you like the bottom half more we can still be virtual friends. Maybe start a cult.

tbf, I only discovered two years ago that hot cross buns are often toasted!

weeweegie

VIP Member
You think Jewish celebrities can completely escape anti-semitism? Of course they can't. In any case, however rich and famous they are, they almost certainly have relatives who suffered in the Holocaust.
Did I say they didn’t? Did I say they had never experienced anti semitism? You ok love?

conrea37

VIP Member
My appointment for my CT arrived in the post TODAY..... I had the scan 4 days ago!

The only reason I had the scan was that I was phoned up because the appointment location was to be changed.
Had the location remained the same I would have lost the appointment and could have been months before
getting my scan.
Royal Mail seem to be snowed under lately. Had a friend have a similar issue!

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
There are a number of beaches on the Eastern Cape of South Africa, that are now closed by government-order due to Covid. And yet, there are still reports of people gathering, bathing and even surfing in defiance of the order.

No wonder the country is seeing a huge spike in covid cases during this second wave :mad:

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
I was so glad to see her get out of it! It was so cringey seeing her trying to sell these products that nobody wanted.

Yes definitely, they tend to prey on people like single mums with a low income as well which is just gross tbh. The manipulation involved in getting people to join these MLM's is awful.

I'm just glad more people are becoming aware of MLM's and what they actually are!
Me too! I love the anti-MLM YouTube channels.