Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been living with my parents again for about 3 weeks now and all of a sudden I'm beginning to realise the reasons why I left all those years ago!

Empty toilet rolls for me to replace
Unplugging my phone charger while my phone is still attached
Moving my remote controls in my bedroom
Switching off my computers by pulling the plug in order to use the socket for the cleaner

I know its their home, and I'm just a "guest", but it still quite annoying, even after reminding them

Reactions: 7
Happy new year fellow tattlers! I would like to thank you for the last few months, this thread has helped me offload and vent and genuinely makes me feel less alone with all my grumbles 🥰

Ok I have my first grumble of 2021 haha! It’s my poor mum again, who I love and I’m so grateful for. It’s her presents 🙈 she loves QVC and thinks everything from there is amazing and top quality. She buys me pyjamas from there and they are terrible. The waistband always twists inside and digs in. She always gets fleece ones which leave fluff everywhere and the ones she got me this year had a hood (loungewear) but it’s too heavy and literally chokes me as it pulls at the back at my neck. It’s annoying because I know she’ll have paid over the odds for them too. I actually prefer asda jammies! I know how ungrateful I sound! She just believes whatever sales pitch they serve up and it annoys me.

Reactions: 8
People that go to CrossFit and think every other type of gym or exercise is useless 🙈 really grinds my gears. CrossFit members are like a cult

Reactions: 2
The way my iPhone has suddenly stopped being able to write “and”, insisting on correcting it to “abs”.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When people laugh and make a huge deal over the number 69 as if it’s the most hilarious thing ever. Get a bloody grip for fucks sake.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wolf whistling

I can't even go for a morning jog without some knob-jockey either whistling or making some disparaging remark :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Manners.

I was brought up to always say please and thank you to EVERYTHING and to answer appropriately if asked something.

Am I overreacting if I’m annoyed to the point of correcting my 40 year old husband with these things?

Me: “Would you like a cup of tea?”
Him: “Alright”

Noooo the answer is yes please or no thank you.

Accidentally hitting /knocking my leg when passing or whatever an immediate response should be “oooh sorry”/“didn’t mean that, are you ok?” Instead it’s not acknowledged at all while I sit there agog!

Am I being a twit or does he just not have any respect for me?

Reactions: 4
Manners.

I was brought up to always say please and thank you to EVERYTHING and to answer appropriately if asked something.

Am I overreacting if I’m annoyed to the point of correcting my 40 year old husband with these things?

Accidentally hitting /knocking my leg when passing or whatever an immediate response should be “oooh sorry”/“didn’t mean that, are you ok?” Instead it’s not acknowledged at all while I sit there agog!

It’s probably not personal to you, it’s just the way he is. I guess he doesn’t deem these occasions as things that need a please/thank you or sorry. More than likely the way he’s bought up. But I wouldn’t get hung up over it.

Reactions: 1
My ex used to hold his hand out expectantly when waiting for change in a shop. I wanted the ground to swallow me. And, prick that he was, he absolutely refused to take any feedback on board and accept that it might be seen as rude.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Manners.

I think you may be over reacting just a tad, are there any other signs that he doesn’t respect you? Does he generally treat you well apart from this? Nobody’s perfect after all.

I think you may be over reacting just a tad, are there any other signs that he doesn’t respect you? Does he generally treat you well apart from this? Nobody’s perfect after all.
He’s a good father- I think that’s the only reason he stays. I just don’t think he likes me very much which is fine, we all grow and evolve I wouldn’t hate him for leaving. I think he stays for a roof over his head and obviously access to the children. He’s just dismissive and rude to me, makes none of the decisions even down to stupid things like buying a coat for the dog- so he can berate me on it’s size/style/fit or whatever and blame. I mean he makes ZERO choices because he knows that would mean some kind of accountability.

Whoops- derail! Sorry

• Sad
Reactions: 5
He’s a good father- I think that’s the only reason he stays. I just don’t think he likes me very much which is fine, we all grow and evolve I wouldn’t hate him for leaving. I think he stays for a roof over his head and obviously access to the children. He’s just dismissive and rude to me, makes none of the decisions even down to stupid things like buying a coat for the dog- so he can berate me on it’s size/style/fit or whatever and blame. I mean he makes ZERO choices because he knows that would mean some kind of accountability.

Whoops- derail! Sorry
Yikes! Sorry to hear that it sounds like no way to live! Definitely don’t think you’re over reacting at all I take back what I said.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.