Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having the same conversation over and over with my mum because she’s had a drink and forgotten we had this chat the day before. She has a stressful high responsibility job and I know it’s her coping strategy (I’m a big drinker too not going to lie!) but god it’s annoying.

Reactions: 2
That a pack of Fox's half coated milk chocolate cookies only has 7 cookies in it. 7!? That's nowhere near enough

• Sad
Reactions: 7
So annoying when folk go on about their kids growing up too fast. Where did the time go? How can he/she be (insert age)?? All grown up! (And they start saying that at like age 3). Where did my baby go? Time flies. I wish I could stop/freeze time.
The list goes on. It’s just boring to read. Kids grow up and it happens faster than any of us imagine. Just cool it with the meaningless phrases!

Reactions: 11
Working in a shop, no one monitoring the door anymore as we're just a convenience store and not a supermarket, and people have started coming in without masks on. The worst ones are who claim they're exempt and then purchase cigarettes.

I understand that not all mask exemptions are visible, but come on! I don't believe you're exempt you cigarette smoking loon. And then they have the nerve to say that they feel sorry for us having to wear them all shift. Surely a five minute jaunt in the shops wearing a mask is easier than a shift restocking shelves and chatting to clowns all day...

The best one today was my boss mentioned to a customer that we've got masks available (we do give them out for free out of our supply if customers have genuinely forgot and it's often these ones that are the most apologetic and pop the mask on straight away) and in response he zipped his hood right the way up so no one could see his face.

Sorry rant over 😳

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Working in a shop, no one monitoring the door anymore as we're just a convenience store and not a supermarket, and people have started coming in without masks on. The worst ones are who claim they're exempt and then purchase cigarettes.

I understand that not all mask exemptions are visible, but come on! I don't believe you're exempt you cigarette smoking loon. And then they have the nerve to say that they feel sorry for us having to wear them all shift. Surely a five minute jaunt in the shops wearing a mask is easier than a shift restocking shelves and chatting to clowns all day...

The best one today was my boss mentioned to a customer that we've got masks available (we do give them out for free out of our supply if customers have genuinely forgot and it's often these ones that are the most apologetic and pop the mask on straight away) and in response he zipped his hood right the way up so no one could see his face.

Sorry rant over 😳
Rant away, that sounds infuriating! I give a ‘hard stare’ to people without masks in shops. The ones it’s obvious they are not exempt. I think my blood pressure would be through the roof if I worked in a shop.

Reactions: 4

Sorry rant over 😳
I feel you.
I’m in a centre which is open for specific things (not open for what we are but open as we are a test site)

The amount of public that want to just wander in to sit and use the toilets and don’t understand why they can’t come in. We are still in lockdown. And again they’re not even wearing masks. They just walk in like it’s their right to do so and sit around. I’ve had to really toughen up from the replies I’ve gotten from asking them to leave as it’s not my responsibility if they've travelled to somewhere too far away from home.

Today we have a group wanting to use a facility that clearly isn’t open and they stood and argued.

I’m stuck between thinking they’re either stupid or ignorant.

Reactions: 3
That a pack of Fox's half coated milk chocolate cookies only has 7 cookies in it. 7!? That's nowhere near enough
Crisps are the worst at some point im not gonna be surprised if i open a bag and there’s just air and it will be named eau de cheese and onion crisps.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When you go to hoover and the hoover dies because the last person that used it (my partner) didn't charge it 😡

Reactions: 6
Inconsiderate arseholes who arrive home in the early hours (no idea where they’ve been, it isn’t work), leave their car running for a while then get out and loudly slam the doors. Absolute bastards 🤬

Reactions: 6
Inconsiderate arseholes who arrive home in the early hours (no idea where they’ve been, it isn’t work), leave their car running for a while then get out and loudly slam the doors. Absolute bastards 🤬
That reminds me, people, who sit in their car on the wrong side of the road with full headlights on, in fact, that leads to another moan, those absolutely dangerous ultrabright headlights that will in the end, once all cars have them, force me to give up night driving. Police have said these lights are the cause of so many accidents, so why are they allowed?

Reactions: 8
That reminds me, people, who sit in their car on the wrong side of the road with full headlights on, in fact, that leads to another moan, those absolutely dangerous ultrabright headlights that will in the end, once all cars have them, force me to give up night driving. Police have said these lights are the cause of so many accidents, so why are they allowed?
I get completely blinded by those lights too. They are so dangerous! It’s like they are full beam all the time. I’ve just bought a new car and they are like that and I bloody hate them!

I get completely blinded by those lights too. They are so dangerous! It’s like they are full beam all the time. I’ve just bought a new car and they are like that and I bloody hate them!
I have to drive down tiny bendy country lanes full of hills and bumpy. Oh, when you see the sky light up in the distance and you know its coming for you. :(

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Couriers/delivery drivers who leave blaring music on in their vehicles whilst they‘re out of the vehicle delivering parcels...especially annoying when they’re doing night-time deliveries!! 🤬

Reactions: 1
When you’re either in a video call or listening to live TV/radio and time is limited or someone says “we’ve got 20 seconds be quick” and the person starts rambling on building a scene or keeps going “er... er... er...”. GET TO THE POINT. I have to have myself on mute in some meetings because there are a few people (usually outside of work) who say “just a quick point” and it ends up going on for over 3 minutes and they go off on tangents 😤 really winds me up.

Reactions: 1
People who don't bother to do their own research on things and just get spoon fed by the BBC all the time. There are real issues in the world, hell even in the UK right now, and instead if focusing on these issues, people choose to focus on the minority who cause minor issues. They never bother to look for WHY something is happening, they just look and go 'bad people'. They dont care that a basic human right is currently at stake, they care what the BBC shows during the protests against these human rights being stripped.

My mum being an absolute pacifist. She doesnt care about anything, she doesnt have an opinion on anything, she parrots the opinions of people she knows. She does not have a single unique thought. She voted for a political party based on "theyve never done anything wrong by me". And within 10 seconds i could think of many things. Again, lack of research.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
bleeping glory supporting football fans!!!

Especially people who have suddenly started supporting Liverpool over the past couple of years! Just duck off to Man City or Utd or Chelsea.

It winds me up because im 34 now, my dad was a proud scouser and i didnt get a choice in what team to support. I started going to games as a toddler and i was a season ticket holder for a number of years. Throughout my life it was always Man Utd who dominated, and then Arsenal, Chelsea and apart from the obvious treble in 2001, Istanbul in 2005, The FA cup in 2006, we didnt win duck all! The heartbreak ive gone through as a liverpool fan is unreal (i know im probably being over dramatic). But i have always been so proud to support Liverpool and i was always quite glad we didnt get the glory supporters the way Utd did.

Some of these so called Liverpool fans now dont even know that Roy Bloody Hodgson was our manager!!!

There, thats my little rant of the day!! hahaha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.