Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am quite into politics, especially the parts of it that effect other people who may not specifically be me. I share things on Facebook, as it is MY account and I am entitled to post what I like on my account, if you don't like it scroll past. My dad feels the need to confront me on things, especially posts calling out the local Tory MP. He's in love with him. He can't hear an opposing opinion, he doesn't care about anyone other than himself. Why should I have to restrict what I decide to share to please other people? Like, for example, I share posts about protesting women on the streets, since that's what the issue is right now, and he'll sit and scoff at me and roll his eyes. I also share things about men's mental health, he doesn't scoff at those.

Whataboutism. Particularly now, when they only care about an issue when it's to speak over someone else. Can guarantee a lot of these people have never cared about men's mental health until the subject of women came up. Same with the #savethechildren thing, only cared about when people were being asked to do something they didn't want to, they've all gone back to not caring now.

The people who used to batter on about 'freedom of speech' and 'human rights' (in relation to lockdown and masks) now suddenly don't care that these 2 things are imminently going to be stripped from them in the new policing bill. So these 2 things only really mattered when it suited them. Protesting is a human right, and it's astonishing to me that people don't seem to know that. Look at how many things protesting has achieved and people seem to forget that. Because the media decides to focus on the negative parts of protests, people who may go to cause trouble and take attention from the cause.

The argument about the AZ vaccine. Millions upon millions of people have been given that vaccine and a few have had blood clots so some countries have suspended it. The Pill (contraceptive) gives 1 in 1,400 women blood clots and it's still being given out after a simple questionnaire. I'd say I don't get it, but I do. The AZ vaxx affects men, the Pill doesn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
If it makes you feel any better my boyfriend has only ever cleaned our bathroom once in almost 2 years in our flat. He did such a tit job that I never asked again 😂
They do it on purpose but then the level of grime some people are prepared to live with is worrying so you end up doing it
My husband hates emptying the bin in the kitchen so much it’s ridiculous 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Spending 5 mins stood in the supermarket waiting for some dithery twit to choose between two own brand tins of beans just so I can grab what I need and keep moving. Or a couple sizing up packets of chicken breasts while their trolley and three offspring block off the entire meat chiller. And then they look at me like I'm the dick because I'm stood waiting.

Maybe it's just Aldi, but the staff also tend to leave their bloody crates and pulley things in front of shelves so you can't get to them. One last week told me off to stepping on a crate to reach a bottle of water - maybe don't leave it there then?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They do it on purpose but then the level of grime some people are prepared to live with is worrying so you end up doing it
My husband hates emptying the bin in the kitchen so much it’s ridiculous 🤷‍♀️
Definitely! Bins always my job too because he'll let it get to bursting point 🙄

In the Asda when you go over to the self service 'card only' checkout and then it flashes 'this is card only!!' No tit sherlock that's why I'm using this one! Just let me scan my shopping!
When you are at self service in a queue and see people scanning through a bloody trolly full of stuff. I always thought they were 10 items or less 🤔🤔

Reactions: 3
When you are at self service in a queue and see people scanning through a bloody trolly full of stuff. I always thought they were 10 items or less 🤔🤔
In my Asda there is a special self service for trolleys now! The staff go ballistic if you go to the basket one with a trolley 😂

Well I'm middle aged now and I've never lived through anything as stupid as the rules and regulations of the CV pandemic. So they shut the non essential retail apart from off licenses?, then all that happens is that people get everything at the shops that are open namely the supermarkets and they are often ram packed now. At least if all the shops were open then people would be spread out more. Its a total joke.
That 6 feet thing is stupid because there is often not enough room to do it and people start carrying on with you when the shop is like a total rugby scrum. People also start moaning about parents taking children to local parks etc because there were too many out on a nice day. What are they supposed to do? You cant expect people with little kids to stay in all day every day at the weekend etc.

Another is getting a supermarket trolley and one wheel is either jammed, or going in a different direction to all the others so it makes pushing the trolley really hard.

Reactions: 3
This emoji 😋 esp when it’s about food, it just makes me wanna 🤮

I also hate the wink 😉 emoji, it’s so patronising.

Yep, I spend way too long on my phone 😁

• Haha
Sick of my partner being unable to keep his fat gob shut when I’m trying to watch something on tv. It’s like he literally can’t help but comment on it, usually in a negative way about the people/characters. Just shut up. I know the contestants on the first season of The Circle are dicks, just let me bloody watch it for fucks sake, the odd comment fine but he just goes on and on and I can’t hear the tv, then says he will stop but always has to get that last comment in. duck off knob😡

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Me again. It’s my birthday today so I was treated to a lie in that was supposed to be followed with a McDonald’s breakfast. As everyone knows mcd’s breakkie is open till 11. So I tried to order breakfast at quarter to. It wouldn’t let me order because it was ‘too late’ birthday ruined.

Now excuse me but if breakfast is open till 11 then I expect to be able to order breakfast right up until then. It’s not like I’ve got anything else to look forward to today. Can’t go anywhere can’t see anyone, and now I don’t even get my favourite breakfast and it’s legit pissed me off to the point where I’m resisting launching my phone at the wall.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Me again. It’s my birthday today so I was treated to a lie in that was supposed to be followed with a McDonald’s breakfast. As everyone knows mcd’s breakkie is open till 11. So I tried to order breakfast at quarter to. It wouldn’t let me order because it was ‘too late’ birthday ruined.

Now excuse me but if breakfast is open till 11 then I expect to be able to order breakfast right up until then. It’s not like I’ve got anything else to look forward to today. Can’t go anywhere can’t see anyone, and now I don’t even get my favourite breakfast and it’s legit pissed me off to the point where I’m resisting launching my phone at the wall.
Ex employee here, sometimes they pause the ability to order if they’re super busy and kitchen are so slow they wouldn’t be caught up enough to do your order either in time for breakfast cut off or fast enough at all. Absolute ball ache for customers!! Same frustration as getting in the drive thru queue at 10:50 and then refusing breakfast because you got to the speaker at 11:03. 😂😂

Oh, and Happy Birthday!!!

Reactions: 5
Ex employee here, sometimes they pause the ability to order if they’re super busy and kitchen are so slow they wouldn’t be caught up enough to do your order either in time for breakfast cut off or fast enough at all. Absolute ball ache for customers!! Same frustration as getting in the drive thru queue at 10:50 and then refusing breakfast because you got to the speaker at 11:03. 😂😂

Oh, and Happy Birthday!!!
Thank you and thanks for explaining. It does make sense but I’m still bleeping incensed about it. Doesn’t help that there is literally nothing else to do, not like I can go out anywhere fun or anything, all I wanted was a lie in and McDonald’s breakfast. Just tit.

Happy Birthday 🎉. Hope your day has improved a bit. Maybe a Maccie's for tea instead? 🍔🍟🎂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This emoji 😋 esp when it’s about food, it just makes me wanna 🤮

I also hate the wink 😉 emoji, it’s so patronising.

Yep, I spend way too long on my phone 😁
I hate this emoji 😂, any of them with the tears of laughter. (Just laughing is okay, though.)

Reactions: 2

Happy birthday 🥳🎂

• Heart
My utterly lazy work colleagues 😡🤦🏻‍♀️Or maybe they are just actually poor sighted 👀

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.