Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people use distant ancestary to explain their (usually obnoxious) personality traits. E.G Oh, I'm just really passionate because I'm Italian (Read:My great grandfather was from Italy)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When people use distant ancestary to explain their (usually obnoxious) personality traits. E.G Oh, I'm just really passionate because I'm Italian (Read:My great grandfather was from Italy)
And said traits are euphemistically couched in ways that sound positive - e.g. for 'passionate' read 'aggressive. unstable or illogical.'

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Mine plays bloody bin Tetris, well more bin balancing as its in a cupboard. Take it out and it all falls on the floor 😣
Mine squashes the rubbish down to fit more in then when I finally give in and empty it the liner tie handles snap and I can’t get the full liner out of the bin 😡

Reactions: 1
Another pregnancy related one for me-

i have GD and can only have eggs for breakfast as anything else raises my sugar levels- so SICK of eating eggs every freaking day now, just want a slice of toast with butter 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Saw one of the neighbours has put their house up for sale so decided to have a nose online as you do. It’s such a nice house!!! I shouldn’t compare but couldn’t help but feel so jealous. We live a couple of doors down, rent and our kitchen is so dated and starting to fall apart. My kids forever complain because their friends have nicer, bigger houses, their own rooms etc which doesn’t make me feel great (even though I do love our current house it’s just not ‘ours’). Sounds so silly now I’ve typed that out😅

So then I decided to torture myself even more by watching Homes Under the Hammer to watch smug people buying houses with cash and then having the money to do them up all nice. Buying is so out of reach for us right now I don’t know why I do this do myself! Bloody depressing.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Got a bunch of happy "St Patty's day" from a bunch of American colleagues (I'm Irish). I actually explained to them that it's St. Paddys day... and I got corrected by them lmao. Sure what would I know? I just.. I can't. I also don't know why these yanks are like oh my great great great uncle twice removed was from Ireland, therefore I'm half Irish. duck off you plastic paddy :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Got a bunch of happy "St Patty's day" from a bunch of American colleagues (I'm Irish). I actually explained to them that it's St. Paddys day... and I got corrected by them lmao. Sure what would I know? I just.. I can't. I also don't know why these yanks are like oh my great great great uncle twice removed was from Ireland, therefore I'm half Irish. duck off you plastic paddy :ROFLMAO:
That’s wild. What did they say when you corrected them? I just don’t get why St Patrick’s day is such a thing in America. It’s kinda embarrassing. My surname is 100% Irish (although I’m Scottish) but I don’t celebrate it and no one I know does either and a lot of us have close ties to Ireland. It’s a weird one!

Reactions: 2
As if the entire Italian Peninsula is on fire with the passion of its residents 🙄 This annoys me too. Gotta love bullshit generalisations and cherry-picking the characteristics when it suits one.

That’s wild. What did they say when you corrected them? I just don’t get why St Patrick’s day is such a thing in America. It’s kinda embarrassing. My surname is 100% Irish (although I’m Scottish) but I don’t celebrate it and no one I know does either and a lot of us have close ties to Ireland. It’s a weird one!
Me: It's St. Paddy's day, common mistake Americans make. It's to do with the fact that it's actually "Lá Féile Pádraig". 'Pádraig' is the irish for Patrick and I think that's why we default to Paddy.
Yank 1: Oh no honey, it's Patty because there is a T in it. See the way it's spelled?
Yank 2: Yeah, that's what we call it here anyway. It's the American-Irish spelling. We have a huge Irish population here.

And here I was thinking the Brits were bad for pissing on Irish culture lol. You wouldn't even get that attitude from a DUP voting unionist :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
Me: It's St. Paddy's day, common mistake Americans make. It's to do with the fact that it's actually "Lá Féile Pádraig". 'Pádraig' is the irish for Patrick and I think that's why we default to Paddy.
Yank 1: Oh no honey, it's Patty because there is a T in it. See the way it's spelled?
Yank 2: Yeah, that's what we call it here anyway. It's the American-Irish spelling. We have a huge Irish population here.

And here I was thinking the Brits were bad for pissing on Irish culture lol. You wouldn't even get that attitude from a DUP voting unionist :ROFLMAO:
Oh wow 😂😂 how patronising and disrespectful to you as an actual Irish person. They didn’t even consider they could be wrong or even listen to you at all. Imagine doing that with any other culture. You just wouldn’t. I think because some Americans have a smidge of Irish heritage in them they think they have a right to claim the culture (and butcher it). They fuckin don’t though. I certainly wouldn’t and I have actual Irish family!

Reactions: 4
I even get annoyed by the shortening. We don't have St Dave's Day, St Andy's Day, and St Georgie's Day, so why Paddy's??

I even get annoyed by the shortening. We don't have St Dave's Day, St Andy's Day, and St Georgie's Day, so why Paddy's??

Tbh if I'm talking to friends, I do shorten it.. i.e. "Any plans for Paddy's day?". We're Irish, we're famous for being casual.. almost too easy-going lol. So of course we're going to make our patron saint sound like a lad we see down in the local pub. They wouldn't say 'Paddy's day' in an official capacity or anything like that, RTE (irish broadcaster) would never be that fun.

Renting a film, but only having two days/48 hours to watch it - why? This is not the 90s, where you had to post the VHS tape through Blockbusters’ letterbox on a Sunday morning. I so faff around with watching other stuff, I can easily make a film last three or four days.

Reactions: 5
When someone says something like ‘what do we think of her dress?’
‘we’ don’t think anything- you have an opinion on it but clearly don’t want to voice it so are spurring others on.

The sound of snoring. I cannot bear it. I have started wearing ear plugs to bed and sometimes I can even hear it with them in. It's such an irritating sound it just infuriates me :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
The sound of snoring. I cannot bear it. I have started wearing ear plugs to bed and sometimes I can even hear it with them in. It's such an irritating sound it just infuriates me :ROFLMAO:
I have to decamp to the spare room! - even with earplugs in.

Another pregnancy related one for me-

i have GD and can only have eggs for breakfast as anything else raises my sugar levels- so SICK of eating eggs every freaking day now, just want a slice of toast with butter 😭
I love eggs and eat at least 30 a week, but nope not for every breakfast. Have you tried baking low carb bread? Plenty of recipes out there if you are so inclined.
Something else we low-carbers do is save some dinner for breakfast, or have lunch at breakfast time. I love a burger with a slice of cheese on it.( also a egg sorry) that's what I m having this morning

I joined Britbox and had a problem as it won't let me watch things from where I left off. I emailed support and they said/asked all the normal things. reboot, what device, what is that device serial numbers. on and on it went. They pass me to someone else who asked the same questions. Then they say they know of the problem and to wait while tech sorts out a fix

They then email me weekly to say we are still working on it and to let me know they have not forgotten. this has been going on for a long time
Yesterday get an email to say

Oops something went wrong

Hi,

Thanks for your recent contact to BritBox, unfortunately we’ve had a glitch with our inbox which has meant some replies have gotten stuck.

If you still need our help please can you reply to this email with a description of the assistance you need.

Many Thanks

BritBox Customer Service Team

😡😡

Last edited:
  • Heart
I love eggs and eat at least 30 a week, but nope not for every breakfast. Have you tried baking low carb bread? Plenty of recipes out there if you are so inclined.
Something else we low-carbers do is save some dinner for breakfast, or have lunch at breakfast time. I love a burger with a slice of cheese on it.( also a egg sorry) that's what I m having this morning
Haha yes I usually like eggs, but the fact that I have no choice but to have it makes me sick loo

Yeh I have tried low carb, high protein breads, unfortunately my body can’t handle any carbs whatsoever in the morning 😆

I have had the occasional burger and egg or cheese for breakfast, might have to start having it more

have had a protein yoghurt this morning, so will see how my levels are shortly.

only a few more weeks 🙏🤞🏽

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.