Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pop-ups!

Visit a new site and you're bombarded with pop-ups, especially "sign up to our newsletter" even before I've had chance to read the article I came here for.

If I want to sign up I'll do it on my own terms, thanks!

Reactions: 8
bleeping glory supporting football fans!!!

Especially people who have suddenly started supporting Liverpool over the past couple of years! Just duck off to Man City or Utd or Chelsea.

It winds me up because im 34 now, my dad was a proud scouser and i didnt get a choice in what team to support. I started going to games as a toddler and i was a season ticket holder for a number of years. Throughout my life it was always Man Utd who dominated, and then Arsenal, Chelsea and apart from the obvious treble in 2001, Istanbul in 2005, The FA cup in 2006, we didnt win duck all! The heartbreak ive gone through as a liverpool fan is unreal (i know im probably being over dramatic). But i have always been so proud to support Liverpool and i was always quite glad we didnt get the glory supporters the way Utd did.

Some of these so called Liverpool fans now dont even know that Roy Bloody Hodgson was our manager!!!

There, thats my little rant of the day!! hahaha
Fellow Liverpool fan here originally from Liverpool. Glory hunters are the worst, especially because they’re all over SM with their current doom and gloom. Lots of them will bugger back off to City or United this season, some might even decide to support Chelsea again or even Leicester. We gained lots of glory hunters after Istanbul, I remember an adult on a Liverpool forum saying they have been a fan since 2005 and I thought hmm I wonder why haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Fellow Liverpool fan here originally from Liverpool. Glory hunters are the worst, especially because they’re all over SM with their current doom and gloom. Lots of them will bugger back off to City or United this season, some might even decide to support Chelsea again or even Leicester. We gained lots of glory hunters after Istanbul, I remember an adult on a Liverpool forum saying they have been a fan since 2005 and I thought hmm I wonder why haha.
Its sickening isnt it!!!

Ive always felt fiercely proud and even protective of our team. And throughout all the years ive always thought that we are a family, and how glad we didnt have glory supporters. Because of my age i cant remember us winning the league. I heard so many stories about our great teams from the 70's and 80's, and apparently if i was a boy i was going to be called Kenny after King Kenny- so thank god im a girl!!

Ive been lucky enough to be at anfield for some really really special nights and days, but some of my other favourite memories include the first goal Peter Crouch scored, and when Robbie Fowler returned in the 05/06 season as he was my idol as a young kid (along with Jason McCateer and bloody Razor Ruddock!!hahaha)

My dad died in September 19, but i was glad he witnessed us winning the European cup before he died, im just gutted he didnt see us win the league. My dad was a flawed man but he absolutely passed on and influenced me in terms of Football, Music and politics and for that i will be forever grateful to him. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Its sickening isnt it!!!

Ive always felt fiercely proud and even protective of our team. And throughout all the years ive always thought that we are a family, and how glad we didnt have glory supporters. Because of my age i cant remember us winning the league. I heard so many stories about our great teams from the 70's and 80's, and apparently if i was a boy i was going to be called Kenny after King Kenny- so thank god im a girl!!

Ive been lucky enough to be at anfield for some really really special nights and days, but some of my other favourite memories include the first goal Peter Crouch scored, and when Robbie Fowler returned in the 05/06 season as he was my idol as a young kid (along with Jason McCateer and bloody Razor Ruddock!!hahaha)

My dad died in September 19, but i was glad he witnessed us winning the European cup before he died, im just gutted he didnt see us win the league. My dad was a flawed man but he absolutely passed on and influenced me in terms of Football, Music and politics and for that i will be forever grateful to him. :)
So sorry to hear about your dad! That’s really sad. At least you can carry on that legacy.

Im a bit of a bad omen at matches including a 1-0 loss to Reading and a 2-0 loss to West Brom which were the worst games I witnessed. But my dad use to take me to European games throughout the 00s, there was no better feeling than first walking out into the stadium and seeing the pitch. My hero was Michael Owen 😂. After Torres left I swore I’d never grow too attached to a player again haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Bumping into someone you know in the first aisle of the supermarket and then having to do that smile, laugh and little comment about meeting again when you then bump into them in every other sodding aisle

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Internet cookies. Oh you searched for a kitchen mixer tap 2 years ago? Prepare to be faced with dozens of links to kitchen mixer taps on every single website you visit forevermore.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The way my husband disappears when it comes to putting our kid to bed. I don’t particularly enjoy dealing with our kid’s shenanigans either but it’s got to be done otherwise he’d never clean himself/brush his teeth/would play with lego all night. I hate having to shout ‘where are you?!’ every night to him when he just vanishes 😑😑😑

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The way my husband disappears when it comes to putting our kid to bed. I don’t particularly enjoy dealing with our kid’s shenanigans either but it’s got to be done otherwise he’d never clean himself/brush his teeth/would play with lego all night. I hate having to shout ‘where are you?!’ every night to him when he just vanishes 😑😑😑
He and the kids sound as bad as each other! :LOL:

• Haha
Auto-renewals of insurance policies :mad:
And the fact that most of the time you can’t just cancel it online, you have to go through the faff of phoning them and having to listen to them try and persuade you to stay, just let me bloody cancel ffs🤬

Reactions: 3
And the fact that most of the time you can’t just cancel it online, you have to go through the faff of phoning them and having to listen to them try and persuade you to stay, just let me bloody cancel ffs🤬
Exactly what I'm going through at the moment. Can't even do a live chat to cancel it 🙄

Internet cookies. Oh you searched for a kitchen mixer tap 2 years ago? Prepare to be faced with dozens of links to kitchen mixer taps on every single website you visit forevermore.
Or Amazon and eBay showing over and over the things you already bought from their sodding site!

Oh and Amazon search is diabolical

Reactions: 6
When you bend over backwards and are super accommodating for an employee and they keep cancelling 🙄

So sorry to hear about your dad! That’s really sad. At least you can carry on that legacy.

Im a bit of a bad omen at matches including a 1-0 loss to Reading and a 2-0 loss to West Brom which were the worst games I witnessed. But my dad use to take me to European games throughout the 00s, there was no better feeling than first walking out into the stadium and seeing the pitch. My hero was Michael Owen 😂. After Torres left I swore I’d never grow too attached to a player again haha.
Thankyou, as i said- my dad was a flawed man in many respects but he absolutely influenced me in terms of Music, Football, Politics, and the importance of social justice :)

Torres broke my heart when he left for Chelsea. When i think about him all i can picture are my 2 younger nephews- now 22 and 19! But back when they were young. One had my dads guitar, while my other nephew sang " His armband proved he was a red Torres........". hahahaha

bleeping Owen. When he went to Utd- and then scored in his debut against city in Fergie time!! Honestly, i absolutely hated him during that time!!

When it comes to football, even today i struggle to understand the people who decided themselves to support a team, especially if its a different team to what their parents support. I didnt have a choice, and whether thats right or not. Its all ive known and im actually glad i didnt get the choice to decide myself what team to support.

Ironically, my partner supports Everton. He has somehow managed to brainwash our little boy to support Everton. But our little girl is a liverpool fan through and through :)

Reactions: 1
Thankyou, as i said- my dad was a flawed man in many respects but he absolutely influenced me in terms of Music, Football, Politics, and the importance of social justice :)

Torres broke my heart when he left for Chelsea. When i think about him all i can picture are my 2 younger nephews- now 22 and 19! But back when they were young. One had my dads guitar, while my other nephew sang " His armband proved he was a red Torres........". hahahaha

bleeping Owen. When he went to Utd- and then scored in his debut against city in Fergie time!! Honestly, i absolutely hated him during that time!!

When it comes to football, even today i struggle to understand the people who decided themselves to support a team, especially if its a different team to what their parents support. I didnt have a choice, and whether thats right or not. Its all ive known and im actually glad i didnt get the choice to decide myself what team to support.

Ironically, my partner supports Everton. He has somehow managed to brainwash our little boy to support Everton. But our little girl is a liverpool fan through and through :)
I can’t look at Owen the same haha. He really ruined any legend status for himself.

yeah my parents ended up with my brother as an Evertonian, luckily he’s not too bitter, I think that’s because he’s been surrounded by Liverpool fans all his life. Could be worse, my partner is a Man United fan (absolute glory hunter haha).

People who post selfies on Facebook with that many filters you don't recognise who they are... And then they comment things like "feel beautiful today" love, we can't see your face!

Reactions: 7
AD’s EVERWHERE!!!!!

watch tv for a few minutes, then an ad comes on, more ad time than tv these days.

Listen to the Radio- one song and then 5 minutes of ad’s- i have a shower radio, this morning, i listend to ONE song in my 15 minute shower!

open up social media, constant ad’s either by influencers or the the platform itself

magazines- one article and then 3/4 Ads after.

🤬

Reactions: 6
When they take a perfectly good biscuit such as a twix, and make a pointless variation of it that is nowhere near as good as the original. I stupidly bought these twix tops things that are essentially all biscuit, crumbly AF to eat, with a wee bit of chocolate and caramel in the middle. Won’t make that mistake again. See also: cake bar versions of your favourite chocolate bar 👎👎

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.