Little things in life that annoy you immensely #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You think Jewish celebrities can completely escape anti-semitism? Of course they can't. In any case, however rich and famous they are, they almost certainly have relatives who suffered in the Holocaust.
Did I say they didn’t? Did I say they had never experienced anti semitism? You ok love?

People that think it's a personality trait to not like the TV show friends. Well done you dont like it, join the queue and stop harping on about it 👏

Reactions: 9
People that think it's a personality trait to not like the TV show friends. Well done you dont like it, join the queue and stop harping on about it 👏
Similarly, people who think liking something is a personality trait. Yeah you love craft beer, great, can you talk about something else now? 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Similarly, people who think liking something is a personality trait. Yeah you love craft beer, great, can you talk about something else now? 🥱
Oh my god I used to work in a pub and the amount of lads that would come in with their collars of their polo shirt popped up, bragging about how many craft beers they've tried "ah, Bombardier, I need to stamp this one off on my craft beer passport" id be like, wow 😭😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Fellow IT geeks who just don't know when to "switch off"

I've been working in the IT industry since graduating 4 or 5 years ago, and have made good friends in that particular sector since then. I do talk to them about IT issues during the working day, but OMG they just don't know when to STFU come the evenings and their text messages/emails at 10 or 11 o'clock at night!

I have reminded them to "switch off" with the IT buzz, and just become ordinary people again, but they just can't help themselves. They're like trainspotters of the IT world ...."Wow! What do think of AMD's 7mm Ryzen 7 5800U processor? It's got the usual 8 core 16 thread architecture, but with a clock at 4.5, and just under 2 Gig at base! But I prefer the Ryzen 9 because...........:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Get a Life, please!(n)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When you tell someone your working hours, for example 9-3 and they ask if they can meet you at 8.

Or you ask something in an email which is a simple yes or no but they don't actually answer the question 🤬

Reactions: 1
People who automatically just share posts on fb . .
Usually itll be a lost dog in another country OR something missing/lost thats already been reunited 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People who automatically just share posts on fb . .
Usually itll be a lost dog in another country OR something missing/lost thats already been reunited 🙄
This is a huge bug bear of mine! It takes seconds to find out if the missing object/dog has been reunited, as does finding out which country and when it happened.

Reactions: 5
Does my head in when people rant about not watching a show. No one cares!! Same if you don’t like anything really. If we all liked the same things it’d be boring.

Reactions: 1
Virtue signalling of any description. No it doesn't make you interesting or altruistic. Colleague purports to be a feminist. Champions young women in STEM, while simultaneously making disparaging comments on how other women dress. E.G: "Did you see X at the Christmas party? mutton dressed as lamb" Yes, you're such a feminist 🙄

• Haha
When my 8yo’s English work involves writing a report or fact file of some sort. My kid just doesn’t want to engage with it, English isn’t her best subject anyway. But she won’t come up with any ideas of her own. I’m basically spoon feeding her what to write because if I didn’t she wouldn’t write anything, even after reading all the info and watching videos and discussing said topic, all I get is a blank stare and “I don’t know what to write”🤯

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My iPhone XR contract (my work phone) with Vodafone is due to expire at the end of this month, so decided to upgrade to a 12 Pro. Went online to their site and tried to upgrade, but there was a "technical problem". Clicked the online chat support bubble, and the woman guided me successfully through the process.

But despite the significant upgrade and extra monthly cost, it didn't stop her pushing other products my way, such as broadband and a bunch of other things I have absolutely no interest in. And despite telling her I wasn't interested she still kept pushing and pushing.

I know they have a job to do in terms of meeting targets, but when you tell them you're really not interested, they should take the hint and leave it at that.

Reactions: 4
My neighbours who put their bin up against the back wall of my garden which is miles from their own garden so all the flies and smell come into my garden. And I nor the council can do anything as it’s a private road!! Oh and people who drive into my road open their car door Chuck out rubbish and drive off. Take your own f***king rubbish home scum!!

Reactions: 2
Baby showers/gender reveal parties 🙄

I find them cringey, grabby and completely unnecessary. Worst is when it's for the 2nd/3rd child... I mean, what the duck?! Buy things yourself, and graciously accept whatever is gifted to you once the baby is actually born ffs.

I refuse to go to them, and refused to have one for my own children... I think I'm probably a boring old grump tbh. But I can't get on board with pretending to be shocked that pink streamers have fallen from a balloon... I mean it's a 50:50 chance of either sex isn't it?

Reactions: 13
Women (girls) who declare a man ‘hot’ or ‘fit’* just because he spends time in the gym.
Yes, he may have a six pack and buns of steel but he’s still a greasy mess with a face that looks like a thumb.**

*disclaimer - unless they mean fit in the literal sense
** and probably carries a fake LV man bag
He has probably got a tiny dick anyway.

I had a brief fling with a bodybuilder many moons ago. His dick was so small, I couldn’t actually get it inside me, it kept slipping out. 😂. It was like the size of one of my fingers and I have small hands. 🤣

Jesus! Never again! 😂

🤒 When I call my GP surgery to make an appointment and the receptionist asks me why I need to see gp 😧

Er, none of your business.
They all seem to do that now. Nosy buggers! 🙄

• Haha
Baby showers/gender reveal parties 🙄

I find them cringey, grabby and completely unnecessary. Worst is when it's for the 2nd/3rd child... I mean, what the duck?! Buy things yourself, and graciously accept whatever is gifted to you once the baby is actually born ffs.

I refuse to go to them, and refused to have one for my own children... I think I'm probably a boring old grump tbh. But I can't get on board with pretending to be shocked that pink streamers have fallen from a balloon... I mean it's a 50:50 chance of either sex isn't it?
I hate them too. Baby showers especially. I refused to have one for my children and friends looked at me like I was an alien. Same for hen do's I didn't want/ have one, just went out for a meal with a few close friends a few days before.
While I'm on one same for flashy over the top wedding's with 200 people you don't know. I had one bridesmaid, and just close friends and family and it was perfect. I dont see the point in having your mums, uncles, friends, grandads, 2nd cousin twice removed

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.