Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Facebook has been getting on my wick lately. It’s all just people posturing and showing off about how great their life is. Been going on less and less over the last few months because it just makes me feel bad about myself🤷🏻‍♀️ it’s really not healthy to have such an insight into other peoples lives imo, hence why I barely share anything myself these days.
YES! I've pretty much come off all social media since March because of this sort of stuff. People = annoying.

Reactions: 6
When a girl posts a nice selfie or pic of themselves on Facebook, and guys respond with that gif of Chris Farley taking his sunglasses off

I noticed that the guys that do this are usually ones who have girlfriends/wives.

Reactions: 3
Do you know what’s really getting on my tits? These constant stories in the media online saying ‘Mum transforms her cubbyhole into a princess palace with sticky back plastic and a mop from B&M’ etc. It’s called DIY and it’s been around for decades! Am I alone in this?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
We're not far into November and influencers are bragging about their bloody Christmas decor and how long it took to put their over decorated tree up.😳🤶🏻🎅🏿🎄. Give it a rest, no one CARES.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
People who give running countdowns to public holidays or national celebrations.

A friend of mine tells me as of today there's 44 days to go to CD. Tomorrow the same person will say 43 days to go............:mad:

Then they'll move onto New Year's Day, and then perhaps Valentines and Easter.... Grrr

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Do you know what’s really getting on my tits? These constant stories in the media online saying ‘Mum transforms her cubbyhole into a princess palace with sticky back plastic and a mop from B&M’ etc. It’s called DIY and it’s been around for decades! Am I alone in this?
You really should stop reading the Daily Mail. 🤗

My partner walks on his tip toes too. He’s better with shoes on but goes through them like nobodies business because of the way he walks. Drives me mad. Keep telling him his ankles are going to be wrecked as he gets older but I genuinely don’t think he can help it😆

Facebook has been getting on my wick lately. It’s all just people posturing and showing off about how great their life is. Been going on less and less over the last few months because it just makes me feel bad about myself🤷🏻‍♀️ it’s really not healthy to have such an insight into other peoples lives imo, hence why I barely share anything myself these days.
I deactivated my Facebook years ago. Seriously, would recommend to all! Best thing I’ve ever done in terms of my own mental well-being. Found it quite hard but as time has gone on it has made me realise how addicted I was to it and how it impacted my own self esteem.
Try it even just for a couple of days!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Bloody cyclists!

It's that time of year, dark nights, cyclists without lights or cyclists with only one light. What gets me
is that many of them think that just wearing a hi-viz vest is enough, well it's not! Last year wasn't so
bad but so far this year it seems to be getting bad again.

Worse of all is the new menace to the roads, E-Scooters, used by utter fuckbuckets and they are
illegal and even worse, many are de-restricted so they can go over 30 MPH.

• Haha
I went to primark yesterday and the amount of screaming kids in there was awful.

I also hate parents threatening their children instead of just helping their kids deal with their strong emotions. There was a 2-3 year old in a buggy who was in a huge coat and hat, looked hot and was obviously fed up of sitting in the buggy, and the parents had bribed him with a toy. Then when he started to get upset about having to sit still after a while they threatened to and then took the toy off him because he wasn't being quiet which then led onto a complete meltdown. This queue was long 😂 I know it's frowned upon to judge parenting but there were two parents, just one of them could have let him out and followed him around.

And on that subject, parents using santa as a discipline tool. I hate those bleeping elves reporting back to santa, the santa cams, the pretend calls to santa. I also hate the naughty or nice list bullshit.

Primark has obviously triggered me.
Re: parents using Santa as a discipline tool, I see lots of parents telling their kids to behave otherwise ‘the woman on the till will tell you off’ or ‘that policeman will tell you off’ etc etc. Call me old-fashioned but what’s wrong with them, the actual parents, threatening them with a telling them off themselves rather than one from a complete stranger?!? 🤨

Reactions: 8
Ok I’ll admit I occasionally walk on my tip toes on hard floors because I hate the feeling of crumbs etc on the bottom of my feet (even with socks on) .
but I’ve never seen anyone do it with shoes on and now I’m totally fascinated! I’m gonna be watching people in Tesco now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Always takes about 3 attempts to plug a usb into my phone or tablet due to its asymmetric shape

Wish everything was Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C, because they fit regardless of orientation

• Heart
You really should stop reading the Daily Mail. 🤗
tbh all the tabloids are running with them! I like a cheeky sneak of the mirror (supposably more left aligned but still a tabloid i know ) and they've got loads of those " can you believe this single mum transformed her home with sticky tape and a mop from b&m " 😂😂😂

Its quite interesting tho that these stories are always about women - single mums and that, almost like its unbelievable that us girls even know what a hammer looks like 🤔

I went to primark yesterday and the amount of screaming kids in there was awful.

I also hate parents threatening their children instead of just helping their kids deal with their strong emotions. There was a 2-3 year old in a buggy who was in a huge coat and hat, looked hot and was obviously fed up of sitting in the buggy, and the parents had bribed him with a toy. Then when he started to get upset about having to sit still after a while they threatened to and then took the toy off him because he wasn't being quiet which then led onto a complete meltdown. This queue was long 😂 I know it's frowned upon to judge parenting but there were two parents, just one of them could have let him out and followed him around.

And on that subject, parents using santa as a discipline tool. I hate those bleeping elves reporting back to santa, the santa cams, the pretend calls to santa. I also hate the naughty or nice list bullshit.

Primark has obviously triggered me.

Honestly some people are just not meant to be parents, I wish more people would wake up to this rather then subscribing to the belief that to have it all is having babies and then getting pissed at them when they don't behave like dolls 😒

People that have twins and dress them identically, that annoys me. Like yes they may look alike but they're actually their own wee distinct characters. Tho having said that I don't disagree that it isn't cute, I just wish people actually saw that having twins doesn't mean you should try and erase their identities to mesh them into one, its weird.

I see this a lot in Scotland, and honestly I never knew until I lived here how norm it is - but wee nursery kids getting ACRYLICS put on at the nail salon - its just another contributing factor of the sexualisation of children and It makes me uncomfortable as heck to see a wee kid in the chair next to me whilst their parent is bribing them with sweets to stay still. Its the same with the high school girls too with long nails, eyelash extensions, lip fillers & just overall inappropriate customising of their school uniform.. theres like a huge culture of beautifying - sexualising - children here and its some weird as hell tit

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
When people think email addresses are case sensitive. I deal with this in my work all the time. Really makes you wonder about people.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Having a nice hot shower, and then the water pressure drops and goes cold because someone in the house has either turned on another tap or flushed the loo. I, therefore end up jumping out of the cubicle shivering and shrieking!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
When people think email addresses are case sensitive. I deal with this in my work all the time. Really makes you wonder about people.
Omg yes! As someone who works in IT, I unfortunately see this quite a lot! (Bonus: Someone once asked if the exclamation mark in their new password was a 'capital exclamation mark' like what does that even mean?!)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This reminds me of "I couldn't find the "any key" and e-machines told me to go duck myself. :ROFLMAO:

Omg yes! As someone who works in IT, I unfortunately see this quite a lot! (Bonus: Someone once asked if the exclamation mark in their new password was a 'capital exclamation mark' like what does that even mean?!)
Now that's brilliant!

• Haha
We're not far into November and influencers are bragging about their bloody Christmas decor and how long it took to put their over decorated tree up.😳🤶🏻🎅🏿🎄. Give it a rest, no one CARES.
Yes and they have some sort of fluffy frosted rose gold montrosity with feathers on it.

My tree goes up 2 weeks before christmas, comes down new years eve.

Reactions: 3
I deactivated my Facebook years ago. Seriously, would recommend to all! Best thing I’ve ever done in terms of my own mental well-being. Found it quite hard but as time has gone on it has made me realise how addicted I was to it and how it impacted my own self esteem.
Try it even just for a couple of days!
Amen to that.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
People who drive onto a garage forecourt and park up at a petrol pump. So you park up behind them and wait while they top up.

They then go into the shop, pay and return to their car. But rather than getting in and buggering off, they go to the boot, dig out a shopping bag and return to the bloody shop again!

5 minutes later they come back with a bagful of stuff, which they put in the boot. They then get in the car and spend another minute or two pissing about before finally FINALLY doing one!

Why oh why couldn't they have just parked in the allocated parking bay next to the shop rather than just creating queues at the pump, the clueless tossers!:mad:

Always takes about 3 attempts to plug a usb into my phone or tablet due to its asymmetric shape

Wish everything was Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C, because they fit regardless of orientation
As I was saying a few days ago, why manufactures are dragging their heels with USB C?
It's not easy trying to plug a power bank to my MP3 player in the bleeping dark.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.