Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Caroline Quentin. She didn’t used to bother me but since she’s been on strictly, she’s getting on my tits. Too thespian and sick of the waterworks every week.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My son walks almost on his tip toes so his heels don't touch the ground. It drives me insane! I tell him to stop it all the time but he doesn't seem to even notice he is doing it.
I've never seen anyone else do it until I saw a bloke today at tesco doing it. I wanted to whack him with my French stick 🤣
OMG my mum says I do it too and I don’t know I’m doing it! She said I must have barbie doll shaped feet 😂😂 only when I’m barefoot though and not in Tesco 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Constant demands for "meetings" and "catch-ups" at work or uni. If something is wrong, I will speak to you then to resolve it. If nothing is wrong, it's a waste of my and everyone else's time. I'm not prepared to do that just because someone wants to chat or thinks we "ought to" be discussing something even though there's nothing to discuss. I am the queen of faking commitments and client calls to get out of this pointless charade

Reactions: 7
These so called celebs or influencers that show so much of the babies/ children online .

Reactions: 1
My son walks almost on his tip toes so his heels don't touch the ground. It drives me insane! I tell him to stop it all the time but he doesn't seem to even notice he is doing it.
I've never seen anyone else do it until I saw a bloke today at tesco doing it. I wanted to whack him with my French stick 🤣
My husband does this!! Then wonders why his shoes are always wrecked at the front but not the back 😂

Sounds so romantic :ROFLMAO:
Hey, I'm just glad he's not disgusted by my one stabby chin hair 😂 I can never get it, he's like a magician 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
I was born in South Africa, but moved to the UK when I was about 14, and yet still retain a strong SA accent. As a consequence friends, work colleagues and just about everyone else I meet just can't resist but take the piss out of my accent.

I can just about put up with it to begin with, but they keep on and on and on with their silly SA accents that I usually reply with some choice language, but in Afrikaans, which soon shuts them up;)

• Sad
When someone comments I have gone red... .I can't help it, I'm often not aware and all it does it make me more embarrassed. Kindly F off

Reactions: 13
Installing software and the pop-up saying "do you agree with blah blah blah" and pages and pages of legalbabble that either you don't have the inclination to read or just don't understand. Instead you just click "Accept" and install the software.

I hate when a hair (from your head) makes its way into your knickers. It's so uncomfortable and irritating 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
How can someone forget to remove the teabag.
It's (sadly for anyone I make tea for) easy to do. I always leave mine in as I like it to continue to stew whilst I drink and have left other people's in on auto pilot.

Caroline Quentin. She didn’t used to bother me but since she’s been on strictly, she’s getting on my tits. Too thespian and sick of the waterworks every week.
I find it really hard to tolerate Caroline Quentin too. I can't really explain why though. She's filed just under Tony Robinson in my 'people who make me immediately turn the channel over' list. I think the tipping point was her ruining a potentially very enjoyable programme about Devon and Cornwall.

Last edited:
  • Heart
It's (sadly for anyone I make tea for) easy to do. I always leave mine in as I like it to continue to stew whilst I drink and have left other people's in on auto pilot.

I find it really hard to tolerate Caroline Quentin too. I can't really explain why though. She's filed just under Tony Robinson in my 'people who make me immediately turn the channel over' list. I think the tipping point was her ruining a potentially very enjoyable programme about Devon and Cornwall.
I agree, she completely ruins those shows, can't bear to watch ! She's in a new series starting next week , Restoration something or other, I won't be watching. Also I googled to see how old she is, she's 60, I think she looks at least 10 years older, very matronly ! Miaow 😸

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is random and someone may have already posted but I HATE trends.. any sort of trends..

- why do influencers say 'but we move' if something hasn't gone their way?
- what is with those hideously long acrylic nails?
- 'poki bowls' why is it cool to take a pic and post it of your 'poki bowl' ?
- instagram posing when they're crouched on the floor with one extended leg ?
- influencers and their 'oat milk' ?
- TikTok ?
- instagram stories were they rotate their heads, pout, grit their teeth and roll their eyes without moving their head.. to rap music?

and that doesn't even touch the surface.

Why does everybody want to be the same 😂 🤡 🐑
Instagram poses where they are stood looking down at the floor, one foot cocked to one side and twiddling their hair or clutching a Starbucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is going to sound absolutely awful. But people on Facebook with kids that are let’s say, not so easy on the eye 🙊 and they plaster them all over socials with ‘my beautiful gorgeous baby’ 😳 oh I know that’s a horrible thing to say. But there was a girl at a baby group I went to and her baby had a full on crop of hair and looked scary 🤪 like you could hear people slightly gasping when they looked at him. Well she then had entered him into a bonnie baby competition and was asking people to vote for him 🤣

I realise I will go to hell for saying this 😩🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Budget forecasts for capital projects that ultimately go WAAAAY over budget, and yet no one seems too bothered or held to account.

Examples include
Crossrail (£14bn => £23bn)*
HS2 (£22bn => £106bn) *
Scottish Parliament Building (£22m =>£414m)
London Olympic Stadium (£280m => £700m)

* and counting....

Reactions: 4
I get so angry when there's another horrible tragedy such as Grenfell or another child is dies from neglect or maltreatment but no one is EVER held to account. I don't mean finding a scapegoat, I mean punishing the people in power in these places that create these cultures, cut budgets back or fail to make safe decisions.
That's all we hear is 'lessons learned'.

Reactions: 11
My partner walks on his tip toes too. He’s better with shoes on but goes through them like nobodies business because of the way he walks. Drives me mad. Keep telling him his ankles are going to be wrecked as he gets older but I genuinely don’t think he can help it😆

Facebook has been getting on my wick lately. It’s all just people posturing and showing off about how great their life is. Been going on less and less over the last few months because it just makes me feel bad about myself🤷🏻‍♀️ it’s really not healthy to have such an insight into other peoples lives imo, hence why I barely share anything myself these days.

Virtue signalling, on social media, about wearing masks. Yeah, they're important, but you're only doing it to make yourself look good. And we all know you've pulled your mask down to your chin to talk onthe phone/scratch/have a breather etc so posting memes about mask position is just too much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.