Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fully grown adults that post pictures and say 'Besties/my best friend/she's my best friend, not yours' Grow up. You're not in school anymore šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Am beginning to really hate iMessage voice messages. I know I can copy the audio file blah blah so that I can rewind/fast forward elsewhere, but why should I have to go through all that effort (especially when itā€™s a rambling pointless message from friend about the weather). Also, the way the message will cut off when the screen goes to sleep - and because you canā€™t fast forward you have to listen again from the beginning. Argh, so annoying!

(If Iā€™m being daft and there is an easier way to ff etc please let me know!)

Reactions: 1
I know I've probably banged on about this before, but it really is becoming a bloody chore just lately. You visit a website, but the first thing you're hounded by is a pop-up:-

"We value your privacy" blah blah, tick this, select that, save the other.
Next its
"We see you're using an adblocker"
Then its another pop-up
"Subscribe to our newsletter"
And then with a bit of luck you might manage to read the article you came to the site to read!

When you've finished and as you move your mouse cursor to the "X" at the top-right of the screen, there's another pop-up
"Please don't leave. Subscribe/bookmark us!"

And don't get me started on the bloody pop-up ads that appear all over the shop, especially in mobile mode!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People who ring up (call) at meal times or late evenings... ( emergencies excluded)

Reactions: 8
People who donā€™t say thank you when you move out the way for them, I just shout ā€œyouā€™re welcomeā€ really loud šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
People chewing chewing gum and thinking they're now well hard!
People chewing chewing gum and then spitting it out onto the pavement for someone (me!) to tread on

Reactions: 4
Which begs the question: what is the point of silent letters?
But in Spanish, the 'J' is pronounced as a 'H'. So HalapeƱos basically. Same with fajitas = fahitas. By all means pronounce it with a J, it just makes me cringe :LOL:

Reactions: 2
People chewing chewing gum and thinking they're now well hard!
People chewing chewing gum and then spitting it out onto the pavement for someone (me!) to tread on
Or sticking their chewed gum under a table

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Buggered up my Kindle Fire 8inch, bleeping system update went very wrong, bloody thing was hanging on boot screen for over an hour.

I had to do a factory reset, now resetting the kindle, one snag, MX player is no longer compatible with this or my older kindles.

Now I have to try and be a little sneaky and work out a way to install it.

People who take ages to do something. Perhaps I am just impatient but now especially with Covid where you have to keep your distance and wait four minutes for the person in front of you to decide whether they want semi skimmed milk or skimmed milk.

Also groups of people who take up the whole pavement and don't accommodate for other people wanting to overtake / walking in the opposite direction. No, I shouldn't have to walk on the road because you want to continue your conversation face-to-face, also, do you have no spacial awareness?

Also, people who abruptly turn around and walk in an opposite direction or stop in the middle of the pavement. Nearly collided with people who have done that before.

I am just a very angry person šŸ˜‚. I blame it on living in London.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Buggered up my Kindle Fire 8inch, bleeping system update went very wrong, bloody thing was hanging on boot screen for over an hour.

I had to do a factory reset, now resetting the kindle, one snag, MX player is no longer compatible with this or my older kindles.

Now I have to try and be a little sneaky and work out a way to install it.
Update, installed google play on my Kindle, got MX player installed after failing to install from files off the net. (codec issue)

A month ago I ordered a free sample of Tena pants, well they are free and might be handy in the future...... Still bleeping waiting! 14 days my arse.
I did this šŸ¤£ 6 months later.....they finally arrive ha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
So i need to vent, one of my friends is so untidy. She has always been like it in all the years I have known her. Her house is verging on a hoarders paradise and there is stuff everywhere like EVERYWHERE. Her ktichen sides are piled up high with dirty dishes and random stuff. She hates cleaning and would rather do anything but tidy up. She works with me and her locker is jam packed full of junk, so much so that she has bags of stuff filled with old coursework(she quit it years ago) in different parts of the office. I have just been cleaning up and I'm sick of random rubbish lying around. How can people live in chaos?!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.