Little things in life that annoy you immensely #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who drive onto a garage forecourt and park up at a petrol pump. So you park up behind them and wait while they top up.

They then go into the shop, pay and return to their car. But rather than getting in and buggering off, they go to the boot, dig out a shopping bag and return to the bloody shop again!

5 minutes later they come back with a bagful of stuff, which they put in the boot. They then get in the car and spend another minute or two pissing about before finally FINALLY doing one!

Why oh why couldn't they have just parked in the allocated parking bay next to the shop rather than just creating queues at the pump, the clueless tossers!:mad:
That is why I like that in the US you pay at the pump ;)

Reactions: 1
Bloody cyclists!

It's that time of year, dark nights, cyclists without lights or cyclists with only one light. What gets me
is that many of them think that just wearing a hi-viz vest is enough, well it's not! Last year wasn't so
bad but so far this year it seems to be getting bad again.

Worse of all is the new menace to the roads, E-Scooters, used by utter fuckbuckets and they are
illegal and even worse, many are de-restricted so they can go over 30 MPH.
Bloody motorists!

It is a nightmare being a cyclist in this day and age. They are very low on the priority list of vehicle owners, they don't always watch out for cyclists.
Today I stopped at a junction, wanting to cross to the other side of the road. All of a sudden, a woman driver, did a U turn at the junction, and beeped her horn at me because I was taking my time to cross over. I'm not even sure if what she did was legal!

Last edited:
That is why I like that in the US you pay at the pump ;)
You can do that here in some stations, some are ONLY pay at pump which is great for me because I can fill up without taking my Crash Helmet off.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
People in work making fun of my Irish accent. Also being told at least once a month that Ireland is part of the UK......no its a different country. They seem to relax when I tell them my husband is from Manchester, but again complete shock that I don't have a Manc accent and that Ireland is not part of Britain. TBF I work with some very thick people 😂😂😂

I keep a pint glass of water on my bedside table. I don’t even realise I’m drinking but when I wake up it’s usually nearly empty. And apparently my body just knows exactly where the glass is (as I said, I don’t recall waking up for a drink) - perfect arm’s reach.

However, every once in a while I will knock the glass over or worse, I miss my mouth and pour it over myself (that bloody wakes me up!!). If I’m lucky it’ll be towards the morning and the glass is nearly empty and so it’s quick clean up. If I’m unlucky it’s when the pint glass is full and I’m sleeping in a puddle.

I know I’ve caused this situation for myself but it’s still an annoyance.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I keep a pint glass of water on my bedside table. I don’t even realise I’m drinking but when I wake up it’s usually nearly empty. And apparently my body just knows exactly where the glass is (as I said, I don’t recall waking up for a drink) - perfect arm’s reach.

However, every once in a while I will knock the glass over or worse, I miss my mouth and pour it over myself (that bloody wakes me up!!). If I’m lucky it’ll be towards the morning and the glass is nearly empty and so it’s quick clean up. If I’m unlucky it’s when the pint glass is full and I’m sleeping in a puddle.

hope you don't have a electric blanket switched on!:eek:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

I've nearly had the same accident a few times, I have large bottle of water within arms reach.

I've nearly had the same accident a few times, I have large bottle of water within arms reach.
I used to have a bottle but unfortunately I lost use of my right hand/arm and can’t open a bottle easily so have had to stick to a glass.

Have you ever drunk from a plastic bottle and just squirted it everywhere during the night? Use to give me a fright!

hope you don't have a electric blanket switched on!:eek:
no!!!! And for that exact reason!!!

and I keep my charger and lamp on the other side of my bed as I have drowned a few electronics in the past.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Now I’m a Christmas lover as much as the next person (if you celebrate Christmas that is). I love the cosy feeling, kids excited, Christmas movies, hot choc etc. Lovely. Makes the winter a bit brighter.

However (you knew a ‘however’ was coming didn’t you?). These folk on the socials giving it ‘I’m a Christmas FANATIC!’ I just cannot understand. Not just idiot instabeggers like brummymummy 🤮 but actual normal every day people that I know, GROWN ADULTS getting more excited than the kids and begging their partner to put the tree up start of November. Wtaf? The Christmas spirit hits me around the start of December and by the time Christmas comes I’m ready for it to be over after Boxing Day. If I got all my decs up just now it would just feel wrong and take the shine off it. Please Brenda get a grip of yourself. You look a right loon on Facebook telling everyone in your life that you only wear Christmas jammies from 1st Nov onwards or that you’ve done all your shopping for this year (and next!) by the time that last firework explodes on guy fawkes. Obsession with pumpkin spice latte turns in to gingerbread latte. It’s like they have been brainwashed by Santa himself!

I often wonder what people of other cultures think about the way some adults in this country are over Christmas 🤭 I cringe when I think about it 😬😬😬

Feel 100% better now that’s out my system, thanks for listening 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When people think email addresses are case sensitive. I deal with this in my work all the time. Really makes you wonder about people.
I had a hard time trying to convince my dad, in the end he even had me doubting myself.

• Haha
Letting something to do with work enter your head while you're fast asleep at night, and try as you might you can't shake it off. So you end up getting out of bed at 4 in the morning, with a cup of tea and a biccie, and here I am on here (not that that's a bad thing being here of course, I hasten to add ;) )

No doubt sleep will catch up with me 1 minute before I am due to start work :mad:

Reactions: 4
Pinterest. Why does it suddenly stick in a load of random stuff, I’ve shown no interest in? I’ve had Harry Potter, singing lessons and Helen Mirren.

What part of "LANE CLOSED" don't people understand?

I'm on the M23, see signs that three lanes are closing, so I get into the correct lane, then several cars barrel past me on the inside.
However I hope the cameras are working because if you drive down a lane that has been closed, your nicked! Also there was a 40MPH
speed limit.

The motorways might be "smart" but many of the drivers are dumb as duck.

Buying mascara. All make-up ranges seem to have loads of different types, Colossal, Max Lash, Bat’s Wings, whatever, they all seem identical and they all seem rubbish. (I know, spend more on mascara!)

Buying mascara. All make-up ranges seem to have loads of different types, Colossal, Max Lash, Bat’s Wings, whatever, they all seem identical and they all seem rubbish. (I know, spend more on mascara!)
If it helps I found one I think is quite good and not hideously expensive - Max Factor False Lash Effect.
You may already have tried it though!

I love maybelline lash sensational.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.