Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or when they say London, England. Paris, France. Rome, Italy. I could write a whole list of things Americans say that I can’t abide. The way they pronounce the name Craig like Creg 🤮 or leg as lay-ig. Apologies if you’re reading this and you’re American btw 😂
The worst one for me is when they say 'I could care less' instead of 'I couldn't care less'. It doesn't make sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The way they pronounce the name Craig like Creg 🤮 or leg as lay-ig.
Regional though. Like a brummie saying ‘hospical’ for hospital or Essex accent saying ‘ast’ instead of ‘asked’. I can’t abide the Fake ‘posh’ affected voice of people like VB of making Ts into Ds... “My liddle daughder Would like some warder to drink’ 🙄
Stop making up new words!

Today’s annoying thing: ‘I was today years old’ ... it was funny the first time

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Regional though. Like a brummie saying ‘hospical’ for hospital or Essex accent saying ‘ast’ instead of ‘asked’. I can’t abide the Fake ‘posh’ affected voice of people like VB of making Ts into Ds... “My liddle daughder Would like some warder to drink’ 🙄
Stop making up new words!

Today’s annoying thing: ‘I was today years old’ ... it was funny the first time
I HATE the T into D thing. A youtuber I (hate) watch does it all the time and it honestly angers me more than it should.

The today years old thing can do one too.

Reactions: 3
I HATE the T into D thing. A youtuber I (hate) watch does it all the time and it honestly angers me more than it should.

Today years old doesn't bother me much but the new trend of How it started vs how it's going can absolutely do one.

The worst one for me is when they say 'I could care less' instead of 'I couldn't care less'. It doesn't make sense!
Omg this was seriously going through my head last night 😂😂 I’ve heard it being said so many times I was questioning myself thinking that maybe I was saying it wrong 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My dad has cameras around the house so he watches where the neighbours cat shits and shovels it over fence to the neighbour who's cat it was
This is so immensely satisfying to me! I’m also not a cat fan. So I’ll add... when people show you loads of photos of their cat doing “hilarious” or “cute” things and you have to just nod and smile. Likewise, children.

This is so immensely satisfying to me! I’m also not a cat fan. So I’ll add... when people show you loads of photos of their cat doing “hilarious” or “cute” things and you have to just nod and smile. Likewise, children.
I love cats so disagree with the first (but to be fair if I know someone isn't a cat person I don't show them pics) but the children one 100% and I never know how to react other than aww how cute (probably in a totally disengenuous tone :LOL:)

• Haha

I don‘t get it. I’ve looked up the meaning and I‘m still none the wiser.

I don‘t get it. I’ve looked up the meaning and I‘m still none the wiser.
I think it's just a really convoluted way of saying that today was the first day they did a certain thing. Eg, 'I was today years old when I found out the meaning of this stupid expression'. It is really dumb and the first time I encountered it I had to run it through my head a few times to try and work out what it meant.

Viewing this forum on a smartphone, don't know how people manage it.

I have to be careful how I word this, because I don't want to upset my partner. People who pronounce chimney as chimley. My partner has a habit of doing this, I wouldn't mind but the word does not have an L in it. :)
I'm sure there are a whole catalogue of things that I do, that annoy my partner.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have to be careful how I word this, because I don't want to upset my partner. People who pronounce chimney as chimley. My partner has a habit of doing this, I wouldn't mind but the word does not have an L in it. :)
I'm sure there are a whole catalogue of things that I do, that annoy my partner.
Does your partner read this? If not, crack on!

• Haha
Food based words/phrases I hate - ‘picky tea’ 🤮, eggy bread (it’s French toast!), spag bol 🤯, cheeky Nando’s, jacket potato (it’s BAKED potato), gelato, burger. I don’t hate eating these things, just the sound of the words. I realise jacket potato is a weird one but I do really detest it. It’s baked potato (tottie) or nothing for me.

I also can’t stand the phrase ‘oh that’s a bit of me’ or when influencers or adverts say ‘is this a bit of you?’ All smug 🤢 makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I read the bit in bold plus the smiley face as you suppressing your rage 😂

• Haha
😂 I'm guessing he's from the North? When I was a kid, at the school Nativity plays, half the school used to sing 'When Santa got stuck up the chimley'. Not me though, I always spoke proper 😂

This omg. If you could care less, then you clearly do care some amount! It drives me nuts, right up there with "could of" instead of could have.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
When people say “I’ve got mental health” instead of “Ive got mental health issues/problems”

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.