Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Married/cohabitating women who do that thing of saying they've had to hide their new clothes so their partner doesn't see it. Or thank their partner (often on social media) for buying them a new iron/hoover/car/blender.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Married/cohabitating women who do that thing of saying they've had to hide their new clothes so their partner doesn't see it. Or thank their partner (often on social media) for buying them a new iron/hoover/car/blender.
I'm sure when they wear it the partner notices unless they don't give a tit like my partner.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Facebook crafters flogging their utter tat as a business! You know the type that sell sweet cones for an extortionate price?

No joke, I’ve just seen a cardboard cut out of a flower and someone has stuck a load of malteasers in the middle of it. It’s £5 for a bit of cardboard and 6 malteasers. £7 if you are feeling fancy and want a bleeping Ferraro Roche.

A) Clearly you haven’t been bothered to see if anyone likes your product. If nobody likes it then it’s never going to be a business. Whoever has gone- you know what I need for a party? A bit of cardboard with malteasers stuck on it

B) Your pricing is ridiculous. I can get an entire box for £1 in Poundland!

Just STOP IT. Get a job that requires some semblance of putting a bit of graft in at least.
This! Last night I saw someone selling 6 small Mickey Mouse shaped biscuits for £28! Las Christmas I saw people selling chocolate bar sleighs for around £8, this year I’ve made my own, it’s cost less than £5 to make 4 (it might have cost less if I hadn’t kept eating the chocolate bars!) 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Every single person on one of my local facebook groups seems to be setting up baking businesses with little regard for food hygiene, insurance or business regulations. It's tedious and unfair on the people who do it properly. I go on every one and ask them to post their food hygiene certificates.

This! Last night I saw someone selling 6 small Mickey Mouse shaped biscuits for £28! Las Christmas I saw people selling chocolate bar sleighs for around £8, this year I’ve made my own, it’s cost less than £5 to make 4 (it might have cost less if I hadn’t kept eating the chocolate bars!) 😂

Reactions: 9
People who can't make a decision or have an opinion about something. You speak up and give an opinion; only no, they don't want to do that. (but before they didn't care what you ordered/where you ordered food from/where you wanted to go (!).)
I am the most indecisive person. I always change my mind and can't settle on something without asking opinions from mmy husband and sister and even then 8 still wobble 😂 Then the food... I never decide where we go to eat/order from but when my husband suggests somewhere and I say no, he gets annoyed but its only because I didn't know I didn't want it until it was suggested 😂😂

Something that really bothers me is finding out a family member has died via social media. I'm sorry, are family not entitled to be told via text or phone call before you look for bleeping sympathy online?!

Every single person on one of my local facebook groups seems to be setting up baking businesses with little regard for food hygiene, insurance or business regulations. It's tedious and unfair on the people who do it properly. I go on every one and ask them to post their food hygiene certificates.
I have a few friends who have started doing this too. Sometimes they post a picture of something they've baked, eg, a flapjack or brownie, and ask "how much would you pay for this if I were to sell them?" There's me thinking to myself "50p max and it better be a big slice", but people were putting stuff like "oooh, delicious hun, I'd pay £2.50" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
What about people who share those posts from obviously fake supermarket accounts that are giving away free £500 vouchers to anyone who shares? Especially when you can see that the name of the supermarket is spelled wrong. Or fake accounts giving away a brand new £300,000k motor home, or those ones who have a massive pile of brand new iPhones but the boxes are damaged so they are giving them away. 🙄. The worst thing is I see lots of smart, savvy people (or so I thought) falling for that crap.
Yeah! I’ve seen them!

“The last winner of the Bugatti LA Voiture noire was only 17. So we’re giving it away again. Simply tag 3 friends” 😂😂😂

• Haha
Something that really bothers me is finding out a family member has died via social media. I'm sorry, are family not entitled to be told via text or phone call before you look for bleeping sympathy online?!
[/QUOTE]
I found out a family member (here in the UK) had died from his grand daughter in the US who posted ‘RIP grandad’ about five minutes after he died on Facebook. I was out for dinner and had a quick scroll while my partner was at the loo and was devastated. Sat there in tears at the table. My mum text me about an hour later as she knew I was out for dinner. I had to tell her I already knew off fuckin Facebook 😥 I know people are in shock but why would you go to Facebook straight away without thinking that not all family members know yet? It’s just so thoughtless. Same with people ruining birth/engagement announcements. What is wrong with some folk 😞

• Wow
  • Sad
I found out a family member (here in the UK) had died from his grand daughter in the US who posted ‘RIP grandad’ about five minutes after he died on Facebook. I was out for dinner and had a quick scroll while my partner was at the loo and was devastated. Sat there in tears at the table. My mum text me about an hour later as she knew I was out for dinner. I had to tell her I already knew off fuckin Facebook 😥 I know people are in shock but why would you go to Facebook straight away without thinking that not all family members know yet? It’s just so thoughtless. Same with people ruining birth/engagement announcements. What is wrong with some folk 😞
[/QUOTE]
jesus this is awful! who, after finding out about a death, feels the need to go on social media immediately??? I get doing it later (when close family/friends know) just to make sure everyone does know... but this is awful. I am so sorry for you, this must be traumatising

Reactions: 2
:cry: A sad state of modern life, the need for instant gratification from randoms on the internet rather than being more concerned for the people around you. Looking at this thread I think we can all agree that social media can bring out the worst in people.

:cry: A sad state of modern life, the need for instant gratification from randoms on the internet rather than being more concerned for the people around you. Looking at this thread I think we can all agree that social media can bring out the worst in people.
I found out me and my ex partner had spilt up before I had chance to talk to him years ago he put his MySpace from enaged to complicated i didnt go on often. Yeah you hadn't told your partner who you live with thats why its complicated?

• Wow
  • Sad
I found out me and my ex partner had spilt up before I had chance to talk to him years ago he put his MySpace from enaged to complicated i didnt go on often. Yeah you hadn't told your partner who you live with thats why its complicated?
This happened to my friends son, his g/f changed her FB status from ‘in a relationship’ to ‘single’ without telling him she was moving out. Poor guy was devastated when his brother rang to ask him about it as he had no idea

• Wow
Reactions: 3
This happened to my friends son, his g/f changed her FB status from ‘in a relationship’ to ‘single’ without telling him she was moving out. Poor guy was devastated when his brother rang to ask him about it as he had no idea
Too many ways to do it now a days least im not on any to find out if this partner dump me lol

Reactions: 2
When americans are asked about where they want to visit and say they want to go to europe. Yeah where in Europe? Do you know how many countries are in Europe? You've got to be more specific than that

Reactions: 12
When you get round to doing that important bit of household admin that you've been putting off, only to go on the website to be greeted with 'this website is currently down for essential maintenance'. 😩

When americans are asked about where they want to visit and say they want to go to europe. Yeah where in Europe? Do you know how many countries are in Europe? You've got to be more specific than that
Funny thing is anyone I know whos visited America says specifically where, no one has ever said im off to America, to me anyway, it always "I'm visiting Florida" or "I'd love to go to san Francisco"

Im not sure why they find it so hard, they often act like all of europe is similar E.G. European women dont shave....oh we dont? Cool.

Or when they say London, England. Paris, France. Rome, Italy. I could write a whole list of things Americans say that I can’t abide. The way they pronounce the name Craig like Creg 🤮 or leg as lay-ig. Apologies if you’re reading this and you’re American btw 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.