Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people say “I’ve got mental health” instead of “Ive got mental health issues/problems”
This one is so frustrating!!! I always feel like saying every single person in the world has mental health 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When people say “I’ve got mental health” instead of “Ive got mental health issues/problems”
i have noticed that a lot recently too, it makes no sense! no one would say "i've got health" I just don't get where this has come from

Yes!! Unfortunately my husband is English so we have the debate often 😂 he has actually started calling it French toast but I'm not sure if he's noticed 😂.
I know it is the same ingredients, but for me eggy bread is savoury and french toast is sweet

Reactions: 2
know it is the same ingredients, but for me eggy bread is savoury and french toast is sweet
In Scotland French toast is savoury. Egg, milk and obviously bread so definitely not sweet 😂

I only know French Toast to be sweet in America 😂

In Scotland French toast is savoury. Egg, milk and obviously bread so definitely not sweet 😂

I only know French Toast to be sweet in America 😂
thats so strange for me! I don't like French toast (only eggy bread :LOL:) but whenever I've seen it on menus here French toast is always sweet

Reactions: 1
Food based words/phrases I hate - ‘picky tea’ 🤮, eggy bread (it’s French toast!), spag bol 🤯, cheeky Nando’s, jacket potato (it’s BAKED potato), gelato, burger. I don’t hate eating these things, just the sound of the words. I realise jacket potato is a weird one but I do really detest it. It’s baked potato (tottie) or nothing for me.

I also can’t stand the phrase ‘oh that’s a bit of me’ or when influencers or adverts say ‘is this a bit of you?’ All smug 🤢 makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.
I have a friend that calls egg fried rice "eggy rice" and it makes me heave. Eggy is a way to explain a bad smell.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m a mum to a boy and I hate that people who are mums to girls think I have absolutely no idea what it’s like to parent a girl - ‘you just wouldn’t understand’. Hold on, was I not a girl once? Am I not female? True I’m not a mum to a girl but I remember what it’s like to be a little girl. This has annoyed me for years. It’s like because I’m a ‘boy mum’ I’m not longer female it would seem.

Also, the way some women look down on having a boy. I have a friend who used to do this to, she had one girl at the time. She’d wrinkle her nose and say I just can’t imagine having a boy, as if it was the worst thing ever. She has a boy now and I reminded her what she said and she denied it! Hmm yes you definitely used to ‘feel sorry’ for me because I had a boy and couldn’t dress my kid in pink girly things. She said as much!

This same friend is so stuck in the pink is for girls, blue is for boys BS that it’s hard to talk to her about it. My son was trying to talk to her daughter about dinosaurs and she interrupted and said ‘x just likes LOL dolls’. As if she can’t also learn about dinos? I said to her daughter ‘you know 50% of dinosaurs were female’ lol that didn’t go down well!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Clingfilm.

Can never find the edge, and when I do it tears. And as soon as I tear a strip off it wraps itself around me rather than the bowl of whatever it I want wrapped.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
People who refuse to follow basic rules in the worlplace and kick up a fuss.

Our rules...
No mobiles at our desks, major data protection issue.
Wear a mask when moving around the building
Wear your ID on your lanyard at all times as most doors now need these badges to be scanned for access.
Go on breaks and lunch at the alloted times

Me....ok then.

Other people.....eewww naaahhhh don't tell me I can't have my phone out. Mask? Naaahhh ewww naaah whats the point? ID badge? Naaahhh it clanks when you walk mate. My break and lunch is too early for me i want later ones.

Oh do duck off and stop acting like a teenager and just follow the rules.

Why do people push back so much? It really winds me up.

I’m a mum to a boy and I hate that people who are mums to girls think I have absolutely no idea what it’s like to parent a girl - ‘you just wouldn’t understand’. Hold on, was I not a girl once? Am I not female? True I’m not a mum to a girl but I remember what it’s like to be a little girl. This has annoyed me for years. It’s like because I’m a ‘boy mum’ I’m not longer female it would seem.

Also, the way some women look down on having a boy. I have a friend who used to do this to, she had one girl at the time. She’d wrinkle her nose and say I just can’t imagine having a boy, as if it was the worst thing ever. She has a boy now and I reminded her what she said and she denied it! Hmm yes you definitely used to ‘feel sorry’ for me because I had a boy and couldn’t dress my kid in pink girly things. She said as much!

This same friend is so stuck in the pink is for girls, blue is for boys BS that it’s hard to talk to her about it. My son was trying to talk to her daughter about dinosaurs and she interrupted and said ‘x just likes LOL dolls’. As if she can’t also learn about dinos? I said to her daughter ‘you know 50% of dinosaurs were female’ lol that didn’t go down well!
My brother used to play prams and dolls with me and my sisters. My mum said other mums were a bit funny about this, her reply was something like he is 6 years old and to him they are just toys.

Reactions: 7

I've seen this the other way too and agree it's awful. I have girls and my a few of my friends have boys. The amount of times they have said how lucky I am when they've had a few drinks is unreal. I just don't get it.

Reactions: 2
When you apply for a job and have to make an account on their website to apply.
You hear nothing from them until about 6 months later when they email you to ask you to "configure" your account or update your details.

Just annoying having these emails in my inbox all the time.

Reactions: 8
When you apply for a job and have to make an account on their website to apply.
You hear nothing from them until about 6 months later when they email you to ask you to "configure" your account or update your details.

Just annoying having these emails in my inbox all the time.
and when you cannot submit a CV but have to type it out all manually into their form thing. Makes everything 1000x more difficult and time consuming

Reactions: 6
Safety or price stickers, or any kind of sticker for that matter, that you find stuck on a new item you've bought (In my case a small lampshade.)

Ordinarily they should just peel straight off, but on this occasion (and previous ones as well), it's only partially come away, leaving gum residue and half-a-sticker behind. Had to use a sponge and warm water to remove the rest.

Another irritation is mobile phone apps wanting access to things they really shouldn't need to have access too!

Why would a clock app, for example, want permission to access your photos and contacts for example? Of course we all know why, but that doesn't make it right.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When people lick their lips constantly especially when they’re talking :sick:

when you’re trying to take your bag off and the strap gets caught under your coat hood/hair

Reactions: 4
HMRC - bastards, I have left it a bit late to do my Tax Return, I need a SA200 form, phone them up, they tell me download and print.
Utter Bollocks, you can't download and Print the SA200, phoned them again, got someone else this time who is SENDING ME the
SA200 second class and has extended the deadline till December.

I hate being given false information from an organisation like HMRC.

Reactions: 3
HMRC - bastards, I have left it a bit late to do my Tax Return, I need a SA200 form, phone them up, they tell me download and print.
Utter Bollocks, you can't download and Print the SA200, phoned them again, got someone else this time who is SENDING ME the
SA200 second class and has extended the deadline till December.

I hate being given false information from an organisation like HMRC.
But remember, tax doesn't need to be taxing! :LOL:

This will only apply to specific people, but I hate it when you're filling in your geographic area on a form/doing a survey, and there's no option for Yorkshire & the Humber. You are forced to choose between either North East or North West, and that's not good, I can tell you 😩

Reactions: 3
When people lick their lips constantly especially when they’re talking :sick:

when you’re trying to take your bag off and the strap gets caught under your coat hood/hair
My bag got tangled in my coat hood this morning. Looked a right lemon wrestling with it in work this morning 🤣

• Haha
When people say 'I should of..' instead of 'I should have' hahah

Or when people say PIN number instead of PIN

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.