Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lol agree with the dead relative or baby posts
Everything is for show on social media now so these things are more over the top than they should be

I hate people with no common sense.

I knew someone who drove to London quickly, because she thought if she did it in a shorter time, she would not use as much petrol.
My wife used to think that. She is still not 💯 convinced otherwise. She just says if you say so.

The warranty is due to run out on my Triton Shower unit, had a letter in the post today, what is annoying is that I can't deal with this over the internet. It's Saturday and I can't phone Triton till Monday and I can't send a cheque because I no longer have a chequebook.

Crazy, I can pay my income tax, credit card online, use my smartphone to buy my coffee and more or less anything if I choose to but I can't extend the warranty of my shower unit online.

Reactions: 1
This might be a bit bizarre but people who take pictures with historical monuments that represent major tragedy. let me explain

so I'm in Berlin for work for the next few months (essential travel so not flouting corona rules) and today I took a trip to visit the memorial of the Jews that died in the holocaust. So tell me why there are people posing for bleeping selfies with it??? Like why would you want a picture of yourself smiling next to something like that?! I can only assume these people are ignorant cause it's not as if you wouldn't have awareness of the loss and tradegy behind it. Thankfully at the homosexual and roma memorials people were a lot more respectful! Baffles me.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
This might be a bit bizarre but people who take pictures with historical monuments that represent major tragedy. let me explain

so I'm in Berlin for work for the next few months (essential travel so not flouting corona rules) and today I took a trip to visit the memorial of the Jews that died in the holocaust. So tell me why there are people posing for bleeping selfies with it??? Like why would you want a picture of yourself smiling next to something like that?! I can only assume these people are ignorant cause it's not as if you wouldn't have awareness of the loss and tradegy behind it. Thankfully at the homosexual and roma memorials people were a lot more respectful! Baffles me.
I've often wondered why people do this.

There are some picturesque graves belonging to historic poets and the like close to where I live and every now and then someone will strike the thumbs up pose asking the person they are with to take photos. I find it bizarre.

I also come from a less fortunate sector of society who often pose like this in their tracksuits besides the graves of their dead relatives and post said pictures on their Facebooks.

Reactions: 4
I've often wondered why people do this.

There are some picturesque graves belonging to historic poets and the like close to where I live and every now and then someone will strike the thumbs up pose asking the person they are with to take photos. I find it bizarre.

I also come from a less fortunate sector of society who often pose like this in their tracksuits besides the graves of their dead relatives and post said pictures on their Facebooks.
I partially understand taking a picture of the thing (famous grave or monument or whatever) but you're right, posing for a picture just seems really bizarre. I went to auschwitz a few years ago and I took some pictures mainly of the grounds and the trains and stuff you didn't see in history books. I never even posted them on social media because to me it just felt really disrespectful. I can't even imagine posing for a picture! I remember visiting a site near Schindler's Factory that used to be a jewish quarter where they've put up big statues of chairs which represent all the jewish families that were shot there, and you had people posing for pictures with these chairs and I remember thinking, you do realise real people actually died here? This isn't a replica or even a memoriam for those somewhere else, it happened exactly where you're standing? It's not something to plaster over facebook for likes. Maybe I'm the weird one idk🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Fake, or real even 'prank battle' videos. Idiots setting up their other half or mates in some fake, OTT bleeping stupid behaviour prank that if real would often be abusive or gaslighting. There's a recent one when a guy 'dyes his gf blue' which clearly didn't happen and if he did she'd likely need to take time off work which isn't funny.

Also, the people I know I thought were decent before this pandemic but every weekend post videos from the house parties, dancing around together, drinking from the same beer pong cups etc like it doesn't affect them. Some have highly vulnerable people at home and three of the biggest offenders are stay at home Mums on benefits so don't have to worry about reduced income/job loss. Maybe I'm starting to feel hard done by but I've barely seen my friends since March due to protecting family members and now myself, I'm still furloughed so at home on reduced pay and pretty much don't leave the house. Pregnant also with reduced maternity services, no live classes, limitations on my partner being with me for hospital appointments and the prospect of bring a baby into a pandemic. I feel like they are extending the situation even though none of them have actually had Covid so it's unreasonable to be so annoyed.

I partially understand taking a picture of the thing (famous grave or monument or whatever) but you're right, posing for a picture just seems really bizarre. I went to auschwitz a few years ago and I took some pictures mainly of the grounds and the trains and stuff you didn't see in history books. I never even posted them on social media because to me it just felt really disrespectful. I can't even imagine posing for a picture! I remember visiting a site near Schindler's Factory that used to be a jewish quarter where they've put up big statues of chairs which represent all the jewish families that were shot there, and you had people posing for pictures with these chairs and I remember thinking, you do realise real people actually died here? This isn't a replica or even a memoriam for those somewhere else, it happened exactly where you're standing? It's not something to plaster over facebook for likes. Maybe I'm the weird one idk🤷‍♀️
I don't know, I have pictures of bones in the killing fields Cambodia. I'm not posing thumbs up but I've posted a pic of the memorial with an explanation. So many people aren't even aware of the genocide, if one person sees that and learns I think that's ok.
Posing and pissing about at a memorial or doing the kind of 'I'm so well travelled and cultured or 'Look I went to Europe' humble brag or whatever is not on but taking some snaps of something you found interesting or enlightening, something you never heard of and want to share I think is ok.
I guess the standing under the Auschwitz sign like 'we woz ere' is pointless but posting a picture of something you found compelling is acceptable to me.

Last edited:
I don't know, I have pictures of bones in the killing fields Cambodia. I'm not posing thumbs up but I've posted a pic of the memorial with an explanation. So many people aren't even aware of the genocide, if one person sees that and learns I think that's ok.
Posing and pissing about at a memorial or doing the kind of 'I'm so well travelled and cultured or 'Look I went to Europe' humble brag or whatever is not on but taking some snaps of something you found interesting or enlightening, something you never heard of and want to share I think is ok.
I guess the standing under the Auschwitz sign like 'we woz ere' is pointless but posting a picture of something you found compelling is acceptable to me.
I see your point of view and I do agree especially when it's things that aren't talked about and I think it's okay when it's done respectfully.

It is hard to explain properly but the most recent "thing" that annoys me is my mom 😆 I need help! How to set boundaries nicely?

Long story short me and my husband live abroad and came back because of covid in early August. We hadn't seen my mom since January and she really wanted us to stay with her. It's good but its slowly feeling like we have a third person in our marriage who is with us all day every day. If we want to go on a date together to something she might enjoy.. well we can't.
We tried to get housing here but it fell through for now. We are thinking of moving back to our house abroad until we try again. Because we need some space. But my mom is so keen, she insists on coming with us. I tried to tell her she won't have her activities there. But she says she will be warm there in winter which is what she wants. And she will rent her own apartment at the same area.
It tugs my heart because she loves having us around and is always there for us. And I understand it's hard for her to have seen us so sporadically the past years. I feel like it's not my place to tell her she can't rent an apartment. But at the same time I don't want to have to tell her every day what we are doing and having her tag along on everything.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
People (invariably older generations) who send you messages on FB Messenger alerting you to various frauds taking place which turn out to be false or hoax. A simple quick check done on Google by them before posting would show confirmation from verified sources that most so-called ‘frauds’ are made up nonsense so why bother littering your FB friends‘ inboxes with alarmist pieces of false info?!? 🤨

Reactions: 3

The people that look after Auschwitz put out a message asking visitors to stop posing on the railway tracks as well as uploading them to social media. It’s that silly balance beam pose or even worse, the Nazi salute.

Reactions: 5
It is hard to explain properly but the most recent "thing" that annoys me is my mom 😆 I need help! How to set boundaries nicely?

Long story short me and my husband live abroad and came back because of covid in early August. We hadn't seen my mom since January and she really wanted us to stay with her. It's good but its slowly feeling like we have a third person in our marriage who is with us all day every day. If we want to go on a date together to something she might enjoy.. well we can't.
We tried to get housing here but it fell through for now. We are thinking of moving back to our house abroad until we try again. Because we need some space. But my mom is so keen, she insists on coming with us. I tried to tell her she won't have her activities there. But she says she will be warm there in winter which is what she wants. And she will rent her own apartment at the same area.
It tugs my heart because she loves having us around and is always there for us. And I understand it's hard for her to have seen us so sporadically the past years. I feel like it's not my place to tell her she can't rent an apartment. But at the same time I don't want to have to tell her every day what we are doing and having her tag along on everything.
This is such a tricky one my heart really goes out to you cause you don't want to hurt her feelings but at the same time it's suffocating. This may sound horrific but could you lie and tell her can't move abroad cause the country aren't allowing it due to covid, they're only allowing you two cause you have a permenant address there/lived there before etc?

I have quite a controlling mother in some ways and lying really is how I get a lot of the stuff I want to do done and cause she thinks I can't lie so she never questions me on things. Horrendous I know but needs must sometimes 🤷‍♀️

Also in terms of doing things together could you lie and say you've both got an appointment at the bank/doctors/any other thing you can think of and then go out just the two of you? Even if you spent the whole day together and she asked you could say "oh well it ended at X time so we decided to just get some food and explore the area" If she badgers you about it your argument is that you were already in the area and you weren't going to come all the way to pick her up when you were already there. I feel like it's a lot easier to say no you can't to come to this important appointment with us than it is to say you can't come on our day out.

I know it's tit situation. I actually hate liars and lying but sometimes it's for your sanity!

I hate the the word ‘dupe’, as in ‘this is a great Lush dupe’. Basically cheap tat that is stealing another company’s idea. But it’s the word dupe or dupes, it just makes me shiver when I read it.

The people that look after Auschwitz put out a message asking visitors to stop posing on the railway tracks as well as uploading them to social media. It’s that silly balance beam pose or even worse, the Nazi salute.
They do, and it's clearly explained and signed not to take photos inside the gas chamber, but it still didn't stop a few people doing it when I went. I was fuming.

• Wow
  • Angry
When Im menu planning and ask my husband for suggestions and he says I dont mind I'll eat anything as if that is helpful, I'm asking so I dont have to think of every single meal again, bloody hate menu planning. Or if he suggests something it will just be an ingredient, for example I fancy chicken....ok chicken what? Or am I supposed to still go ahead and find the meal and recipe and ingredients. Ugh tbh "womans work" in general lol

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When Im menu planning and ask my husband for suggestions and he says I dont mind I'll eat anything as if that is helpful, I'm asking so I dont have to think of every single meal again, bloody hate menu planning. Or if he suggests something it will just be an ingredient, for example I fancy chicken....ok chicken what? Or am I supposed to still go ahead and find the meal and recipe and ingredients. Ugh tbh "womans work" in general lol
yes! So annoying!! My husband is exactly the same.

i’m happy to cook and will cook anything but hate the constant thinking of what to make.

Although confession- When i lived at home it was just me and my mum and she would ask me what to make and i’d say ‘whatever’ 🥴 now i realise how annoying that was 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
watching catch up tv on the websites (on demand, hub etc) and you have to stay on the website page when the ads are on or they stop playing and you can't get back to your show, meaning you've got to sit through 3 minutes of ads you don't care about.

So annoying.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.