Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When chat shows/news still say 'this event/program has been cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak' yes I'm sure we all know that by now.
It annoys me when they say "this was filmed before the coronavirus outbreak" yeah I didn't think you're out there filming four in a bed during the pandemic 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Possibly controversial here but maternity leave.

I feel it has got to the stage where women are now totally taking the utter piss. A colleague had her first baby (genuinely pleased for her) then took a year off then came back part time and then handed in her notice as soon as she could. She got a new job and has just announced that she is pregnant again with her second. So she was pregnant at interview stage. So now, this company has hired someone who will be out of action for potentially a year in order to support her maternity leave. The cherry on the cake is she said she left the original job as she was overlooked for a promotion. The reason she was overlooked is frankly because she came back part time, did the bare minimum and wasn’t up to scratch over things that had happened whilst she was on maternity leave! Instead, the role was deservedly given to someone who worked full time (and then some!) and took on further duties to show how much they wanted and deserved this promotion.

We want equality but we want to have our cake and eat it. We want to have the top jobs but only work part time. I’m sick of working all hours to cover for other colleagues who have to race off to collect from nursery and constantly retrain somebody who is replacing someone who is on maternity leave who then comes back part time. It’s like a revolving door at my work at the moment!

In all fairness, if I was a manager hiring someone for a job and it was a choice between a man and a woman with an identical skill set I would 100% choose the man. This isn’t sexism or inequality. It’s simply choosing people who are value for money in terms of running a company.

Please don’t get me wrong, I get the whole maternity thing. I’m glad women are supported but please don’t cry out inequality when you are overlooked in your job because of your choice to have children.
Just how people can affort mat leave at all is a mystery to me. Both my sisters had to rush back when the babies were 12 weeks old as they couldn't afford to be off. Both worked a week before their due dates, one of them 3 days before the due date so she could have more time with her baby.
If i was pregnant then I would be the same as my firm pay 8 weeks full and 8 weeks half and then SMP. I would try and save my holidays so I get 12 weeks paid full but the half pay and then SMP would sink me.
Save up? Yeah great but when you can't afford to save up then its hard.
6, 9, 10 months....a year off.....how do you do it?

Reactions: 6
Just how people can affort mat leave at all is a mystery to me. Both my sisters had to rush back when the babies were 12 weeks old as they couldn't afford to be off. Both worked a week before their due dates, one of them 3 days before the due date so she could have more time with her baby.
If i was pregnant then I would be the same as my firm pay 8 weeks full and 8 weeks half and then SMP. I would try and save my holidays so I get 12 weeks paid full but the half pay and then SMP would sink me.
Some people get full pay for 6 months and then reduces to half after that. A few friends have had maternity pay like that but mine is SMP. I earn a good wage but I would still need to budget for a while even before I even fall pregnant. I think I get 6 full weeks and then SMP.

Reactions: 2
Depends where you work I guess. Public sector maternity leave is pretty good. My work is 6 months at full pay, then it reduces but you still get paid

Reactions: 1
Some people get full pay for 6 months and then reduces to half after that. A few friends have had maternity pay like that but mine is SMP. I earn a good wage but I would still need to budget for a while even before I even fall pregnant. I think I get 6 full weeks and then SMP.
It does bug me that myself and friends have not had a baby/babies due to the financial pressures meanwhile those who don’t work get paid more to have a child. It Financially incentivises having children for those not working.
I’m pregnant for the first time in my late 30s now, having always worked and I’m entitled to far less than someone in their late teens that’s never worked, ‘job seeking’ or in education.

Reactions: 8
It does bug me that myself and friends have not had a baby/babies due to the financial pressures meanwhile those who don’t work get paid more to have a child. It Financially incentivises having children for those not working.
I’m pregnant for the first time in my late 30s now, having always worked and I’m entitled to far less than someone in their late teens that’s never worked, ‘job seeking’ or in education.
I always think this too and sometimes think I'd better off not working, but let's not go there lol

Also, congratulations

Reactions: 3
I always think this too and sometimes think I'd better off not working, but let's not go there lol

Also, congratulations
Yes, agree, there’s a wholllllllleeee can of worms there. I keep that much shorter than I’d have liked!
And thank you x

Reactions: 4
At least you guys have maternity leave. I live in the states and I got to take off for 6 weeks after having a baby via c-section. Unpaid! They were so gracious and paid my medical insurance while I was out but only for up to 6 weeks. I hated having to put my baby in daycare. And I worked until the day before my water broke. When it comes to maternity leave the US are seriously a third world country!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Controversial. But cats. If I let my dog tit in my neighbours gardens I’d get fined a fortune. But these pompous asshats get to walk everywhere and poop in my flowerbeds

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I can't stand people who aren't honest.
Reminds of of an incident from a long time back. When I was a student. I was living in a decent bedsit, the others were all working and we all got on really well.

Anyway a council official comes round asking who is who, like an idiot I tell him.

Soon Peter one of the residents a biker asks me if I said anything, I thought tit he is going to be pissed but I say sorry mate I told him.

He just laughs and says he knows he heard me, and was just checking if I could be trusted.

Anyway he says if I ever need anything just let him know and he will help.

It pays to be honest.

Clickbait online news headlines, always from regional newspapers.

This came up in my Google recommendations. A controversial new shopping aisle you say, what could that possibly be? I knew it was going to be a vegan aisle before I even clicked. Turns out it isn't even a full aisle, just a small dedicated section. And there is nothing controversial about it.

My local Morrisons has a dedicated "Free From" section for that range of products including vegan/dairy free/gluten free etc. It's not uncommon and certainly isn't controversial.

I know they rely on click for ad views, but I'd be more willing to read regional news websites if they weren't so spammy with endless ads making pages unreadable and crappy clickbait.

Reactions: 6
Clickbait online news headlines, always from regional newspapers.

This came up in my Google recommendations. A controversial new shopping aisle you say, what could that possibly be? I knew it was going to be a vegan aisle before I even clicked. Turns out it isn't even a full aisle, just a small dedicated section. And there is nothing controversial about it.

My local Morrisons has a dedicated "Free From" section for that range of products including vegan/dairy free/gluten free etc. It's not uncommon and certainly isn't controversial.

I know they rely on click for ad views, but I'd be more willing to read regional news websites if they weren't so spammy with endless ads making pages unreadable and crappy clickbait.

What annoys me more is when it could educate people by putting it in the headline rather than using a clickbait headline. "The important info you cant miss to defend against corona virus", "How avoiding this scam could save you thousands".
Just say 'Masks need to be XYZ to be effective", "New HMRC phone scam rife, never give your details over the phone". Tell people the info, help and educate them, not everyone will click and these snippets could really benefit people. They could add "click here for our best buys" or "click to spot the signs it's a scam" and still get their traffic.

People who park their cars next to or very near a road bump so not only are they being an obstruction on the road and I have to drive around them but now I also need to line up the car perfectly with the road bump on the oncoming lane so I dont hurt my precious rims.

-Snobbery
-People who get on their high horse about baby led weaning
-People who sit next to you on public transport when there are rows free
-People who body shame, even just to mates. I have friends like this and I often wonder why we are friends...
-People who belittle people

People who say "do you know what I mean?" after they've explained something simple, and then they explain it again just in case you didn't understand the first time!

Last edited:
......oh, and neighbours who were only interested in being friendly and making an effort when there was a lockdown because it was the in thing to do at the time and have now gone back to ignoring you as they did for the 2 years prior to lockdown. Think that’s it for now, be back soon 😂
I'm glad someone else has mentioned this. Unfortunately there are rather a lot of those kind of neighbours where I live. They are the sort of people, who ignore you for 11 months of the year, then come Decemner they are filled with "Christmas spirit" and are friendly. Hypocrites, the lot of them.

Reactions: 4
Having to shell out my hard earned cash on Fines! Motoring offences, councils are trying to screw as many people as possible.

Controversial. But cats. If I let my dog tit in my neighbours gardens I’d get fined a fortune. But these pompous asshats get to walk everywhere and poop in my flowerbeds
Cats bury poo . Cats have the right to roam where they please. They have more freedoms than us 😮

Celebs who wear those dresses that are slit down the middle so you basically see their half their boobs. I absolutely cringe when I see pics like this, it’s just horrible, no matter how good their boobs are! So attention seeking it makes me feel a bit ill.

Also just attention seekers. In everyday life. Totally self absorbed people who constantly talk about themselves and never ask about you or anyone else. I’m sure lots of friendships groups have this person in their circle. They dominate the conversation and just need to be the centre of things. I really hate that. I often wonder what happened in their childhood that makes them crave attention so badly.

Reactions: 7
People that assume everyone has a smartphone and/or have a computer.

This is annoyance about any age but mainly anyone over the age of 16- using snapchat filtered pictures as their profile pictures on social media 🤦🏽‍♀️

Just seen a 50 year old woman who has 2 kids in their 20’s with a bunny face and pouting pic as her profile picture. Seeing this more and more and its so cringey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.