Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Celebs who think their kid looks the spitting image of them but they don’t. Usually the kid is much better looking than them 😂 and the spit of the other parent but they love to say on social media ‘my twin’ or ‘he/she has my exact face’ ummm hate to break it to you but they really don’t 😂 Total narcissists. I have a kid who is gorgeous but unfortunately looks nothing like me, every person I meet says ‘he’s his daddy’s double’ yep I know that thanks!

Reactions: 1
It is hard to explain properly but the most recent "thing" that annoys me is my mom 😆 I need help! How to set boundaries nicely?

Long story short me and my husband live abroad and came back because of covid in early August. We hadn't seen my mom since January and she really wanted us to stay with her. It's good but its slowly feeling like we have a third person in our marriage who is with us all day every day. If we want to go on a date together to something she might enjoy.. well we can't.
We tried to get housing here but it fell through for now. We are thinking of moving back to our house abroad until we try again. Because we need some space. But my mom is so keen, she insists on coming with us. I tried to tell her she won't have her activities there. But she says she will be warm there in winter which is what she wants. And she will rent her own apartment at the same area.
It tugs my heart because she loves having us around and is always there for us. And I understand it's hard for her to have seen us so sporadically the past years. I feel like it's not my place to tell her she can't rent an apartment. But at the same time I don't want to have to tell her every day what we are doing and having her tag along on everything.
She sounds lonely. She can’t have a lot currently if she’s prepared to just leave or has all the time for you. How about while you are here helping her create a better life so she won’t want to leave and has other things go entertain her. I know know it’s hard with groups and classes closed due to Covid but there are community volunteer groups for helping people still stuck indoors and some fitness groups reopening. I suspect there may still be volunteer befriending services for the elderly, even if just by phone for now (Her volunteering as the friend). If you can make her feel like she’s invaluable here and give her some connections she won’t want to leave behind, it may help.

I don’t think lying is the right way to go as it could make her feel even more lonely and like she has no meaningful connections

Reactions: 2
people who talk to their pets, my mil does this with her cat and swears the cat answers her 🙈

Mil "are you hungry? *kiss kiss sounds* you want yum yums?"

Cat 🐈

Mil "you want chicken? Salmon? *kiss kiss sounds* mummy feed you?" Whilst showing the cat two packets of sheeba. "Show mama which one."

Cat 🐈 faintest meow

Mil "aww look, she wants the salmon one...she understands when i ask"

Me "🙄🙄🙄"

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Families taking up a whole path with 15 people, 3 prams, 5 kids on scooters and bikes, and uncontrolled toddlers. Bonus points if it's a cycle path and if they look raging that they need to get out of the way when a cyclist is coming.

Reactions: 10
I hate the the word ‘dupe’, as in ‘this is a great Lush dupe’. Basically cheap tat that is stealing another company’s idea. But it’s the word dupe or dupes, it just makes me shiver when I read it.
Like that brand from Lidl, Lacura is it? Copying Pixi’s packaging design to a T basically. When I pointed that out on (i think it was) Caroline Hirons Facebook group, so many people had a go at me saying it’s a million pound company and don’t people who have less disposable income deserve to enjoy something? Which is true, but there was a person or a group of people who took months, maybe even a year, designing that packaging, the font, the colours. It’s all their hard work that Lidl is basically pissing on and you are all eating it up.

Reactions: 7
Like that brand from Lidl, Lacura is it? Copying Pixi’s packaging design to a T basically. When I pointed that out on (i think it was) Caroline Hirons Facebook group, so many people had a go at me saying it’s a million pound company and don’t people who have less disposable income deserve to enjoy something? Which is true, but there was a person or a group of people who took months, maybe even a year, designing that packaging, the font, the colours. It’s all their hard work that Lidl is basically pissing on and you are all eating it up.
The whole of the brand revolution is one big ‘dupe’ - they simply rip off any successful pallet or beauty product

Reactions: 6
It really annoys me that you can't customise IKEA furniture!!
How’s you mean? There’s lots of websites that offer ‘additions’ I suppose to customise. Quite a few kitchen companies that provide doors for Ikea kitchens or fabric companies that offer covers etc

How’s you mean? There’s lots of websites that offer ‘additions’ I suppose to customise. Quite a few kitchen companies that provide doors for Ikea kitchens or fabric companies that offer covers etc
I like an IKEA dining table but it's too big. Don't want to buy a large table and chop some of it off lol

I like an IKEA dining table but it's too big. Don't want to buy a large table and chop some of it off lol
Ooohhhh I see. To be fair though, unless you have something custom made though any shop will only sell set sizes. It’d be 3x the price if not. But it is irritating when something is perfect in all ways except the size. (The bed I want doesn’t come in super king either)

Ooohhhh I see. To be fair though, unless you have something custom made though any shop will only sell set sizes. It’d be 3x the price if not. But it is irritating when something is perfect in all ways except the size. (The bed I want doesn’t come in super king either)

Awww I understand! It's really annoying when everything is perfect and it's exactly what you want but short of one last thing lol. Furniture is expensive so you really want to love the product you buy. I like a dining table which is perfect but too big lol.

Reactions: 2
It is hard to explain properly but the most recent "thing" that annoys me is my mom 😆 I need help! How to set boundaries nicely?

Long story short me and my husband live abroad and came back because of covid in early August. We hadn't seen my mom since January and she really wanted us to stay with her. It's good but its slowly feeling like we have a third person in our marriage who is with us all day every day. If we want to go on a date together to something she might enjoy.. well we can't.
We tried to get housing here but it fell through for now. We are thinking of moving back to our house abroad until we try again. Because we need some space. But my mom is so keen, she insists on coming with us. I tried to tell her she won't have her activities there. But she says she will be warm there in winter which is what she wants. And she will rent her own apartment at the same area.
It tugs my heart because she loves having us around and is always there for us. And I understand it's hard for her to have seen us so sporadically the past years. I feel like it's not my place to tell her she can't rent an apartment. But at the same time I don't want to have to tell her every day what we are doing and having her tag along on everything.
Wow...
One day you’ll be like me and will give anything in the world to have five minutes with your mum again

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
People who say PIN number. The N is for number stop saying number at the end. Also ATM machine 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 3
Middle aged women who still think they’re 25, you all know the sort, the type who live their life through their children but typically have many unresolved issues and delusions of grandeur!

If you’re 55 with bleach blonde hair using filters and denying your age..have a quiet word with yourself

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People who put maps of the run they've just done on Facebook, plus a photo of their beaming face 'just smashed 5k again'. Like every single day. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
People who put maps of the run they've just done on Facebook, plus a photo of their beaming face 'just smashed 5k again'. Like every single day. 🙄
“look at my Strava screenshot and my sweaty face” nah I’m good mate, you go have a shower.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.