Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhhhh I have always wondered why petrol blue is called this! Never made sense to me and had no idea how it originated! Love learning these little nuggets 😂
This is what happens to the English language when these things go unchecked. 🙄

You would think anyone who worked in retail might check the finer details though and not label their curtains as being, “petrol blue” 😉🙄

Reactions: 1
Hate the phrase 'en route' being mispelled as 'on route' lol, so petty i know

People who say something on social media (usually a rant without any punctuation or an unsolicited opinion) and write ‘end of’ to finish.

e.g all lives matter end of.
As annoying as 'don't @ me'.

Reactions: 16
Calories. You always burn disappointingly too few of them during strenuous exercise, and there’s far too many in nice things to eat.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've recently picked up some weekend work in a bar, but had the same happen when I worked in a pub previously too, I find it so annoying/cringe when guys (typical age range mid twenties/early thirties, varying levels of attractiveness) come in, I'll serve them and be nice and friendly then they'll go

'I'll just find out what my FIANCÉ/GIRLFRIEND would like..... oh my FIANCÉ/GIRLFRIEND would like a.....'

I'm just there like mate I wasn't trying to chat you up, don't worry I can control my primal instincts :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: then when the Mrs does appear she always looks like the Honey Monster

• Haha
Reactions: 22
running a car engine, if you're idling.
This!! Sometimes at work, I go to my car in the office car park & more often than not, someone will get in the car next to me and turn their engine on for whatever reason and sit with it running for an hour. You don’t release how loud it actually is until they turn it off 😂

Reactions: 2
Constant well known songs being covered by breathy plinky plonky female singers on adverts

Old friends on FB you havent spoken to for years but suddenly being over friendly and reaching out to you because they've become a #bossbabe with herbalife, Younique etc...."Hi babe!!! How are you! Your little boy is so cute!! Have you ever thought about trying etc..." duck off. You havent spoken to me for years. Jog on.

Reactions: 16
Constant well known songs being covered by breathy plinky plonky female singers on adverts
THIS!!!! I had a massive whinge about this to my husband the other day. Its not even just adverts, these songs are crawling all over the radio stations. There's the Dancing in the Moonlight one, an unnecessary cover of Flowers (one of my fave garage tunes) and I've just heard a godawful cover of Let me be your Fantasy. All with the same breathy manic pixie girl type voice. Aaarrghhhhh!!!! Is nothing original these days?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This!! Sometimes at work, I go to my car in the office car park & more often than not, someone will get in the car next to me and turn their engine on for whatever reason and sit with it running for an hour. You don’t release how loud it actually is until they turn it off 😂
In the winter, I give my car -and myself- time to warm up before setting off. Also use the time to catch up on texts and sort out my Spotify playlist :oops:

Old friends on FB you havent spoken to for years but suddenly being over friendly and reaching out to you because they've become a #bossbabe with herbalife, Younique etc...."Hi babe!!! How are you! Your little boy is so cute!! Have you ever thought about trying etc..." duck off. You havent spoken to me for years. Jog on.
Or people who you went to school with that you haven’t spoken to in 20 odd years adding you on FB

Reactions: 5
This is controversial but I cannot stand people calling Santa ‘Father Christmas’. It makes me shudder. It’s Santa Claus ffs

Reactions: 3
THIS!!!! I had a massive whinge about this to my husband the other day. Its not even just adverts, these songs are crawling all over the radio stations. There's the Dancing in the Moonlight one, an unnecessary cover of Flowers (one of my fave garage tunes) and I've just heard a godawful cover of Let me be your Fantasy. All with the same breathy manic pixie girl type voice. Aaarrghhhhh!!!! Is nothing original these days?!
Abso-bloody-lutely. This has been going on for years but just seems to have reached ridiculous new heights (completely with you on the Flowers abomination).

I keep saying I'm going to release a slowed down, live, raw and unplugged version of Macarena and no doubt go on to win the Mercury music prize.

I think it's about time we go the other way and do acid house covers of the nation's favourite slow love songs. A Scooter inspired cover of Adele's Someone Like You, anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When you sign up to a streaming site to watch a specific show and the show gets taken off the next day 🥴

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I’ve only ever heard English people say it. I’m in Scotland and we say Santa. I esp hate when father is pronounced ‘favva’ 😬
That's weird because my mum and her family are Scottish and that's where I got it from. But they had been living in England for about 10 years so maybe that changed what they said? But Fatha not favva 😆

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.