Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When employers don't let you work from home even though Boris quite clearly said that could! 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It’s Father Christmas 😂😂😂😂 ‘Santa’ is American
I am scottish and called him Santa. Lol.

Or people who you went to school with that you haven’t spoken to in 20 odd years adding you on FB
This! There is this girl from school who has tried to add me a few times. I always decline. I actually don't have anyone on FB that I don't speak to often. I was never friends with her in school lol.

Reactions: 2
Mums net slang ... people on here referring to their husbands as ‘DH’ 😂🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When people patronise you for not having kids (yet) e.g colleagues making comments “you can work Christmas you don’t have kids!” “You wouldn’t understand until you have your own” duck off Janice

Just because I don’t want kids until my 30s (I’m early 20s) doesn’t mean I don’t understand or will be working Christmas! I hate when colleagues with kids try use it as an excuse to get out of doing their fair share

• Heart
Reactions: 17
When people patronise you for not having kids (yet) e.g colleagues making comments “you can work Christmas you don’t have kids!” “You wouldn’t understand until you have your own” duck off Janice

Just because I don’t want kids until my 30s (I’m early 20s) doesn’t mean I don’t understand or will be working Christmas! I hate when colleagues with kids try use it as an excuse to get out of doing their fair share
ALL THE TIME.

Or when you mention how tired you are and they counter "HA. Try having kids" duck off Sharon, I can be tired too.
Dont get me started on how many use their kids as excuses to get out of work commitments, especially now during Covid and WFH.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
ALL THE TIME.

Or when you mention how tired you are and they counter "HA. Try having kids" duck off Sharon, I can be tired too.
Dont get me started on how many use their kids as excuses to get out of work commitments, especially now during Covid and WFH.
Yep! Conveniently not taking 3:30pm work appointments because our shift finishes at 4 so chance of running on, blaming school runs when they’re lazy fucks who get their kids to walk home

Reactions: 5
Well well here comes my next list of stuff that’s irritating the tit out of me at the moment..........neighbours who play music so loud you can hear it over the TV, neighbours who slam their front door (whatever happened to pulling the door to?), neighbours who are tit at parking and take up most of the shared driveway, neighbours who allow their little darlings to scream the entire neighbourhood down all bloody day long, neighbours who have small children and call each other Mummy & Daddy in a conversation loud enough for the whole world to hear (to me this weird, my parents when talking to just each other would use their actual names), bitchy neighbours who go round tit stirring because they tried to tell you that your driveway is visitor parking so you pulled out your deeds and showed that mother trucker why it ain’t visitor parking......oh, and neighbours who were only interested in being friendly and making an effort when there was a lockdown because it was the in thing to do at the time and have now gone back to ignoring you as they did for the 2 years prior to lockdown. Think that’s it for now, be back soon 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I thought that when I had my own baby it would suddenly make me like other kids. Nah, just my own.

But now I’m at the realisation that now I have my own child I’ll have to be around others like when they make friends in school. My friend had a baby at the same time and he’s a really whiny, annoying baby and now every time we meet I have to grit my teeth. Nightmare....

sorry if that sounds horrible x
Wait til they start having play dates and you have to have other people's kids round for tea, a whole new level of annoying dealing with their weird food habits!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
People who blame everything and everyone around them, without realising that maybe... they're the problem :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
ALL THE TIME.

I have a kid and I can tell you it’s pretty fuckin horrendous being a parent during a pandemic. So the moaning from parents is justified in this case! But I totally agree on the condescending attitude some parents have. Before I had my kid i was at the hospital with my mum and had been there for hours and hours while they did tests. I was completely shattered. My mums friend (who worked in the hospital) popped in and I mentioned how tired I was and she said ‘wait til you have kids, then you’ll know what tired is’. Never been so tempted to punch someone in the face. I was struggling to conceive at the time which made it worse. Now I’m a parent I’ve been through the sleep deprivation which went on for years and was horrendous but doesn’t mean people without kids can’t ever be tired!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
When you are looking for a job and one that leaps out at you states full time. You go to apply so you click the links to do so only to find the full time job is in fact 20 hours per week 🤬🤬 NHS admin jobs do this all the time.
Sorry but my idea of full time is 36-40 hours per week, anything less is considered part time

Also, why are there never any full time jobs these days?

People who blame everything and everyone around them, without realising that maybe... they're the problem :rolleyes:
My mother in law does this all the time, never her fault always someone elses. Apparantly its her husbands fault she can never lose weight as "he's always bloody eating all the time"
They are retired so at home all the time. I asked why should his constant snacking cause you to gain? "Cos then I want something and he is always offering me biscuits and stuff"
🙈🙈🙈 doesn't mean you must eat them though!

Last edited:
  • Haha
School gate mums to who love to stand round, gossip and talk utter tit

sob stories on any kind of reality show ....except something like DIY sos

social media influencers who get sent tit for free when they could buy it 10 x over without breaking a sweat

women who are able to throw any old thing on and still look effortlessly glam ....so jealous 😂😂😂

Possibly controversial here but maternity leave.

I feel it has got to the stage where women are now totally taking the utter piss. A colleague had her first baby (genuinely pleased for her) then took a year off then came back part time and then handed in her notice as soon as she could. She got a new job and has just announced that she is pregnant again with her second. So she was pregnant at interview stage. So now, this company has hired someone who will be out of action for potentially a year in order to support her maternity leave. The cherry on the cake is she said she left the original job as she was overlooked for a promotion. The reason she was overlooked is frankly because she came back part time, did the bare minimum and wasn’t up to scratch over things that had happened whilst she was on maternity leave! Instead, the role was deservedly given to someone who worked full time (and then some!) and took on further duties to show how much they wanted and deserved this promotion.

We want equality but we want to have our cake and eat it. We want to have the top jobs but only work part time. I’m sick of working all hours to cover for other colleagues who have to race off to collect from nursery and constantly retrain somebody who is replacing someone who is on maternity leave who then comes back part time. It’s like a revolving door at my work at the moment!

In all fairness, if I was a manager hiring someone for a job and it was a choice between a man and a woman with an identical skill set I would 100% choose the man. This isn’t sexism or inequality. It’s simply choosing people who are value for money in terms of running a company.

Please don’t get me wrong, I get the whole maternity thing. I’m glad women are supported but please don’t cry out inequality when you are overlooked in your job because of your choice to have children.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
People who claim to "hate" you yet view every single one of your Instagram stories or follow request your private accounts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.