Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not been my day today!

Puncture in front tyre, thankfully it was a screw and not a nail.

Ran out of Tobacco

Light blew in the Bathroom

Reactions: 1
People who call their other half their best friend 😬

‘Can’t wait to marry my best friend next year’

‘Happy 3 year anniversary to my best friend’

Sorry, I don’t feel about my best friend the way I feel about my partner, don’t want to jump my besties bones 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
At work, walking into the kitchen/breakroom and seeing coffee mugs in the sink. Do people think they will magically get into the dishwasher?!?!
Teabags in the sink is worse along with grains of coffee and sugar on the worktop. Kettles off their bases, microwave wide open with bits of rice stuck on the inside of the door. I wouldn't mind but there are 2 cleaning sprays and rolls of kitchen paper for us to use.
I wonder what their homes are like.....

Or working with someone you went to school with who was the biggest bleeping bullying witch and she still acts like shes in year ten.....and we are now in our mid thirties....🤪🤪
My bully tried the same with me on a packed bus, I told him to get off the bus and see if he could run his mouth. He didn't get off the bus and made himself look like a fool in front of his new girlfriend.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Im always late. No matter how early I start getting ready. I piss myself off
SAME and the thing is I genuinely hate being late and I get all anxious and stressed about it yet somehow it always happens! It seems like the more I try and be organised the later I get and then I also end up being obsessive about making sure I have everything I need and then triple checking I've switched the straighteners off etc. Then when I get to where I'm supposed to be I'm all frazzled and sweaty and swear I'll not do this to myself again. Then it happens again the following day lol. I really do myself no favours and I hope I can sort myself out before having kids as I don't wanna pass this bad habit onto them!

Reactions: 5
SAME and the thing is I genuinely hate being late and I get all anxious and stressed about it yet somehow it always happens! It seems like the more I try and be organised the later I get and then I also end up being obsessive about making sure I have everything I need and then triple checking I've switched the straighteners off etc. Then when I get to where I'm supposed to be I'm all frazzled and sweaty and swear I'll not do this to myself again. Then it happens again the following day lol. I really do myself no favours and I hope I can sort myself out before having kids as I don't wanna pass this bad habit onto them!
My eldest is incredibly punctual but my middle is just like me 😂😂

Reactions: 1
Americanisms. More and more American expressions are creeping into every day life. Today I heard someone refer to a repeated episode of Time Team, as a re-run! Or when people mention a new season of a programme. It is not a season, it is a series.
I hope I never have to hear the word diaper, instead of a nappy. To hear that word, is like having teeth pulled without an anaesthetic!
Rant over! 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Instafloggers writing books and then calling themselves an author.🤑
Reading these books is worse than ploughing through a high schoolers essay.🥺

Reactions: 7
Americanisms. More and more American expressions are creeping into every day life. Today I heard someone refer to a repeated episode of Time Team, as a re-run! Or when people mention a new season of a programme. It is not a season, it is a series.
I hope I never have to hear the word diaper, instead of a nappy. To hear that word, is like having teeth pulled without an anaesthetic!
Rant over! 😉
The firm i work for is owned by American's and there are certain phrases that we must use in our emails to customers, even the UK ones, that make me cringe so hard as they just don't sound natural at all. And even the spell check is American...color....neighbor...if my customer is in the UK I change them to the UK spelling. If my customer is in the States I let the spell checker do it's thing.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Thanks to Social Distancing I no longer have to hear that duck awful americanism "CAN I GET", that term to me sounds rude.

• Wow
Some may laugh at this, but it has annoyed me for years. 🤣

There is a colour described as “Petrel Blue” which relates to a bird of a similar name, the Blue Petrel. But because it is pronounced like the fuel that you put in your car, the word has been spelt incorrectly over the years and it has now become, “Petrol Blue” which is funny in itself as petrol is not blue in colour! 🤣

I have seen this colour mis-labelled everywhere and it continues to irritate. 🙄

So when you see a colour described as “petrol blue” know that it really should be, “petrel” 😉

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Some may laugh at this, but it has annoyed me for years. 🤣

There is a colour described as “Petrel Blue” which relates to a bird of a similar name, the Blue Petrel. But because it is pronounced like the fuel that you put in your car, the word has been spelt incorrectly over the years and it has now become, “Petrol Blue” which is funny in itself as petrol is not blue in colour! 🤣

I have seen this colour mis-labelled everywhere and it continues to irritate. 🙄

So when you see a colour described as “petrol blue” know that it really should be, “petrel” 😉
Ohhhhh I have always wondered why petrol blue is called this! Never made sense to me and had no idea how it originated! Love learning these little nuggets 😂

Reactions: 6
People who call their other half their best friend 😬

‘Can’t wait to marry my best friend next year’

‘Happy 3 year anniversary to my best friend’

Sorry, I don’t feel about my best friend the way I feel about my partner, don’t want to jump my besties bones 😂
Sorry you have just reminded me of one of my peeves, people referring to their partner as 'other half'. As though they are incomplete without them because together they make a whole. Makes me puke a little in my mouth.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.