Little things in life that annoy you immensely #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgetting my bank card. I walk everywhere so walking over a hour to asda to realise I haven't got it makes my day lol 🤪 have to laugh about it or i will have a meltdown. Walk two to asda has started and I'm treating myself to a mc muckys that shouldn't be buying on a tight budget
omg that is the worst!!! I walked 20 minutes and did my whole shop got to the till and then realised I didn’t have my purse. I could have sobbed

Reactions: 4
Another from for me is customers doing their Christmas shopping. I work in a call center for a mail order firm and as soon as December 1st hits they all go off their heads like the world will end at midnight on December 25th.

Last Christmas I was working on Christmas Eve and this Karen was shouting at me on the phone because her sons main gift hadn't arrived. I checked her order, "Karen you ordered this on the 22nd December and the website CLEARLY states allow 7 working das as it is direct from the supplier."
It was all my fault that Karen didn't read that part, my fault that she had left her sons main gift to the last minute....sorry but we all know when bleeping xmas is so get the stuff well in advace.....then she was barking at me for a manager, then suggested I tell her son that he wasn't getting his much longed for Xbox..."yeah and I'll tell him that his mummy left it to the last minute to tell santa to send him an Xbox."

Sor...no not even going to say sorry for this one....we all know when Christmas is so duck off ordering stuff at the last minute 😂😂😂
I work in a shop & we have a coat that sells out EVERY YEAR. Man comes in Christmas Eve asking for it, gets told there’s no left in stock (theyre available to buy from September and popular with teens so they completely sell out at xmas).

Man starts shouting at staff, saying *we've* ruined his daughters Christmas, it was the only thing she wanted... never mind that he’s Left it until Christmas EVE to buy the only present his daughter wanted then tried to blame the staff?!

long story short he then demanded we order it. when we told him it wouldn’t be there for at least 7 days he went mental again and wanted to know why it wouldn’t be delivered the next day..... on Christmas Day......

he stormed out after taking customer services number and telling us he was going to complain about how unhelpful we all were. His poor daughter 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
People who don’t know what social distancing is and come right up to you, not noticing you’re inching away from them and they just step closer. Nightmare at the school gates in particular.

And people putting pictures up on Facebook or insta a big group of pals all huddled together on a night out absolutely no social distancing whatsoever, as if Covid is over. Or maybe they think they’re immune somehow? Bloody annoying and no wonder number of cases are rising.

Reactions: 13
Not sure where you live but in Scotland there are about 5 days a year when you can enjoy being outside 😂
lol yeh same, south east here. I think its the fact they act like they can’t do anything here like go parks etc and their lives will be turned upside down. (No pun intended) you will still have to work and have responsibilities its not all sunshine and rainbows. There was a single mum on there whose whole idea was based on neighbours and home and away and she genuinely thought thats how her life would be 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
When you think someone has finished their sentence so you start talking and then they carry on what they were saying. Happens all the time in customer service call centers.....
"I was meant to have my refund by today....." silence.
Me "let me see if it has gone...."
Customer carries on.... "for £87 but it hasn't gone in."

Why do people do that?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When you think someone has finished their sentence so you start talking and then they carry on what they were saying. Happens all the time in customer service call centers.....
"I was meant to have my refund by today....." silence.
Me "let me see if it has gone...."
Customer carries on.... "for £87 but it hasn't gone in."

Why do people do that?
I hate this too. My husband is guilty of this. His explanation is that he’s thinking of what to say. It’s like he’s a sloth!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hate this too. My husband is guilty of this. His explanation is that he’s thinking of what to say. It’s like he’s a sloth!
My mum and brother do something similar which drives me up the wall. If they don't really have anything to say at some point in a conversation, they never say anything/make a noise to confirm they've actually heard what you've said. E.g:
Me: That was a really nice meal, wasn't it?
Bro/mum: (lengthy silence)
Me: Wasn't it?
Bro/mum: (confused) yeah!

It's a really weird way of ending a conversation and it's even worse over the phone because you don't know if you've been cut off or something. Why not just say "mhm" or something?

Reactions: 5
Faffing!!! My husband (and his parents) are the biggest faffers ever!!! I get me and the kid ready (dress and back packed with snacks etc) and we stand ready for him and he is still Upstairs faffing about with windows or whatever and comes down , has to get his water, then put shoes on and then get the stuff in the car 🤬 his rents are even worse than him.

Reactions: 12
Faffing!!! My husband (and his parents) are the biggest faffers ever!!! I get me and the kid ready (dress and back packed with snacks etc) and we stand ready for him and he is still Upstairs faffing about with windows or whatever and comes down , has to get his water, then put shoes on and then get the stuff in the car 🤬 his rents are even worse than him.
Oh my god! This!!
My mums the worst offender, can’t get a simple yes or no answer, has to be 20 mins of waffle first. Same with people that are late because they decide that’s the time to do something completely irrelevant, leaving me waiting. Drives me insane!!

Reactions: 6
Oh my god! This!!
My mums the worst offender, can’t get a simple yes or no answer, has to be 20 mins of waffle first. Same with people that are late because they decide that’s the time to do something completely irrelevant, leaving me waiting. Drives me insane!!
My mum is the same but with her it's always a random ramble as opposed to directly telling you some information. She rang up to tell me a next door neighbour had appendicitis but what she actually told me was 'the doctor said to her 'you have a poison in you somewhere and we need to get it out''. The tale went on for about 10 mins like it was medieval times. I really wonder what would happen if she ever had to give evidence if she witnessed a crime. The jury would get a 20 min back story.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People thinking they have the right to judge others walking down the street. Example today walking home from town i don't look my best wearing a hoodie and black jeans hair down but clean etc. To blokes standing outside a European shop smoking. Walked by they say something I don't understand i looked at them they started woofing towards me and giggling. Yeah I'm not attractive to you but I wasnt there to be judged just carrying my shopping home

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I’m so sorry they did that to you @Interestingbitsnbats This pisses me off massively too, you’ve no idea what’s happening with a person to judge how they dress/what they look like. And even if there isn’t anything behind it, you should be able to look however you bloody well like without input from total strangers!

I’m guessing the guys weren’t exactly babes either ironically 🙄

Reactions: 9
I’m so sorry they did that to you @Interestingbitsnbats This pisses me off massively too, you’ve no idea what’s happening with a person to judge how they dress/what they look like. And even if there isn’t anything behind it, you should be able to look however you bloody well like without input from total strangers!

I’m guessing the guys weren’t exactly babes either ironically 🙄
Definitely not just doesn't play well with mine or anyones mental health just have to find a different way home i all ready avoid the way home where there's a garage/wheel place with men sat outside it shoutdd me how much I was charging when I was dressed up for a work lunch in the day have been past on my own in two years. When I walk with my partner I make him walk at the garage side

Reactions: 4
Haha same when is time to go out after those gaff, he decided that something needs to come out from his ass.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
People thinking they have the right to judge others walking down the street. Example today walking home from town i don't look my best wearing a hoodie and black jeans hair down but clean etc. To blokes standing outside a European shop smoking. Walked by they say something I don't understand i looked at them they started woofing towards me and giggling. Yeah I'm not attractive to you but I wasnt there to be judged just carrying my shopping home
What possesses a person to do this to another human! Idiots. Sorry they did that to you.

I can see judgement on the faces of other mums (I’m saying mums because I’ve genuinely not noticed it with the dads or grandparents) at the school gates when I’m not looking my best, which is most of the time. Because I don’t dress up for the bloody school run ffs. On the odd occasion I’m in semi decent clothes and have bothered to do my hair and put make up on I notice those same people are much nicer to me. So shallow. I gravitate to the ones that are friendly and chatty even when I’m looking scruffy. Those are the genuine ones.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.