Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you're at the supermarket and start reversing, only for the car parked in the next bay across behind you, to start doing the same ... so you pull back into your park to let them go first, and they do the same. So, you wave in your rear-view mirror for them to come out and they just sit there for what seems like an eternity ... so you start reversing again ... as do they. So, you pull back into your park again, as do they, and this goes on and on, until you just think, "Feck it, I'm going to stay parked up until they vacate their park"! 😣 :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
And high end cars that think my car isn't worthy so try to stick me in the bushes while they drive down the centre of the road,
Be brave and stay where you are, they will give in first because they won't want to scratch that high-end car whereas I don't GAF 🤣

When you're at the supermarket and start reversing, only for the car parked in the next bay across behind you, to start doing the same ... so you pull back into your park to let them go first, and they do the same. So, you wave in your rear-view mirror for them to come out and they just sit there for what seems like an eternity ... so you start reversing again ... as do they. So, you pull back into your park again, as do they, and this goes on and on, until you just think, "Feck it, I'm going to stay parked up until they vacate their park"! 😣 :LOL:
I hate the fact that e everyone loses their mind at Christmas. I always reverse park but you cant at Christmas because people are right up to your bumper in the car park.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
"Be brave and stay where you are, they will give in first because they won't want to scratch that high-end car whereas I don't GAF."

Yes to this! I'm dangerously duck free in regards to my car, bring it on non ironic private plated range rover, cause I ain't moving over.

Selfish parking - People parking in disabled or parent and child spaces who have neither children nor disabilities. Particularly annoying are white van drivers. I have asked two drivers if they have accidentally left their kids in the shop. Wankers.

tit parking - Im gearing up to ask the worst offenders if they need some assistance, or do they want me to see them out since they clearly struggle with judging the dimensions of their car.

tit driving - If you are too scared to take your car over 30mph move back to a city or the suburbs. Do not clog up rural roads where the national speed limit applies. It's significantly more dangerous to drive slow because it drives impatient and frankly unhinged women like me into rage induced shouting that could cause a minor stroke at the wheel.

I love driving but at the moment it's doing frightening things to my blood pressure.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
"Be brave and stay where you are, they will give in first because they won't want to scratch that high-end car whereas I don't GAF."

Yes to this! I'm dangerously duck free in regards to my car, bring it on non ironic private plated range rover, cause I ain't moving over.

Selfish parking - People parking in disabled or parent and child spaces who have neither children nor disabilities. Particularly annoying are white van drivers. I have asked two drivers if they have accidentally left their kids in the shop. Wankers.

tit parking - Im gearing up to ask the worst offenders if they need some assistance, or do they want me to see them out since they clearly struggle with judging the dimensions of their car.

tit driving - If you are too scared to take your car over 30mph move back to a city or the suburbs. Do not clog up rural roads where the national speed limit applies. It's significantly more dangerous to drive slow because it drives impatient and frankly unhinged women like me into rage induced shouting that could cause a minor stroke at the wheel.

I love driving but at the moment it's doing frightening things to my blood pressure.
I do, I need a knew car so happy to hold my ground

Reactions: 2
People who post on FB/forums detailing an illness, asking "Should I go to the doctor/hospital/call my GP?"

It particularly annoys me when it affects a child. Do you think I'm coming to flipping FB to ask advice for my sick child?!

Just bleeping contact the health professionals. What would you do if there was no social media?! 🙄

When you go out for a meal and the next table have young children sat watching Peppa Pig on full volume and the parents are oblivious to the noise.
Talk to your children for f**** sake

Reactions: 23
When you go out for a meal and the next table have young children sat watching Peppa Pig on full volume and the parents are oblivious to the noise.
Nothing against technology and I know all kids are different but tablets etc are a last resort for me when going for a meal I take books and some little toys , trying not to judge too much as I know its not easy

Reactions: 8
If they are going to use an ipad at a restaurant then they should at least also bring kiddie sized headphones so that no-one else has to listen to Peppa pig’s grating voice.

• Heart
Kiddie sized shopping trolleys is supermarkets!
Kids wheeling them around and filling them with sweets, crisps and biscuits. Mum putting them back on the shelf. Kid screaming it wants them in my trolley.

Then there is the fact they bang into your legs or you have to swerve round them.

Reactions: 12
Kids in general. I don't know how the parents have the temerity to take them out in public where they might get in the way of adults

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Nothing against technology and I know all kids are different but tablets etc are a last resort for me when going for a meal I take books and some little toys , trying not to judge too much as I know its not easy
true but how did parents manage before tablets? I remember being told in no uncertain terms that if we were going out to eat, i had to sit quietly and not bother anyone

Reactions: 19
true but how did parents manage before tablets? I remember being told in no uncertain terms that if we were going out to eat, i had to sit quietly and not bother anyone
Sorry but i hate the whole " we managed in my day" thing

• Heart
Reactions: 6
no im genuinely asking how they managed 😂 im only in my early 20s so it’s fascinating to see the generation gap between myself and children today
Oh sorry 🤣 I know what you mean I'm early 30s and I think it was less common to go out to eat even in the 90s

Reactions: 4
We should really have a driving rant thread. I could fill 50 pages myself... in one day :LOL: Honestly I consider myself as a safe and considerate driver. Sadly in the town I live it is every driver for themselves, safety doesn't exist, neither does common sense! Driving at over 100mph on the twisty country roads seems to be acceptable ("But I know the roads!") and there is a pub at the top of the road which turns a blind eye to drink-driving, despite numerous complaints.

Reactions: 13
We should really have a driving rant thread. I could fill 50 pages myself... in one day :LOL: Honestly I consider myself as a safe and considerate driver. Sadly in the town I live it is every driver for themselves, safety doesn't exist, neither does common sense! Driving at over 100mph on the twisty country roads seems to be acceptable ("But I know the roads!") and there is a pub at the top of the road which turns a blind eye to drink-driving, despite numerous complaints.
Hahahaha I know!! I could write something on here about driving everyday

Country roads freak me out. Yes I could go fast on them but it's happened way too many times now that I turn a corner, and there is a cyclist or pedestrian there in my way, dressed in all black 😑

Reactions: 5
Country roads freak me out. Yes I could go fast on them but it's happened way too many times now that I turn a corner, and there is a cyclist or pedestrian there in my way, dressed in all black 😑
I live in the countryside, it’s a good 20 minute country lane drive whichever way you leave the village to get on a main road, guaranteed daily to come across either someone walking their dog on a blind bend or a cyclist!!

Last year as I went round a bend I had a headlight right in my eyes and slammed my brakes on tensing for the collision but it was a runner with a headlamp running my side of the road. I had three children in the car. I never let anything bother me on the road as we have all made silly mistakes but wanted to punch that fucker.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Last year as I went round a bend I had a headlight right in my eyes and slammed my brakes on tensing for the collision but it was a runner with a headlamp running my side of the road. I had three children in the car. I never let anything bother me on the road as we have all made silly mistakes but wanted to punch that fucker.
To be fair Highway Code is that pedestrians should walk/run facing oncoming traffic. Can see if his light was bright that would be distracting though.

Should be law though that pedestrians have to wear some form of reflective clothing in the dark. Even with streetlights on its very hard to see people wearing dark clothing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.