Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suffer irrational rage when someone starts a new toilet roll because the one on the wall has a small amount left and they don't want to have to change it. They use part of a new one instead. I am also intensely irritated by toast crumbs from god knows what year AD in the butter tub. Do not get me started at taking the last cans of pop out of the fridge and leaving the new box on the floor instead of filling the fridge up. I am a redhead. They are flying in the face of danger.

Oh, and the adverts where you get a clock as a welcome gift for signing up? What is that about?

Going to New Look in my backwards town which I never go to (for that reason) and finding that someone with the same name collected my parcel which had a tiny jumper in it, and I get a huge coat which isn't going to fit my size 6 daughter or even me and her together for some kind of comedy sketch. CHECK THE ORDER NUMBER!
Re your first paragraph - are we twins? 😆 The bloody loo roll thing winds me up because I’m the one that always has to use up the leftovers. Also a redhead!😬

Reactions: 4
People that say “I’ve got the flu” when it’s a regular cold. If you had the flu you’d know it. You can barely stand up let alone get dressed and go out. Call it what it is a cold.
Oh yes! If you ever had flu, you know the difference, imo.
Like I feel a bit crap today but it's nothing more than a heavy cold. (I'm feeling suitably sorry for myself though 😁)

Reactions: 9
I suffer irrational rage when someone starts a new toilet roll because the one on the wall has a small amount left and they don't want to have to change it. They use part of a new one instead. I am also intensely irritated by toast crumbs from god knows what year AD in the butter tub. Do not get me started at taking the last cans of pop out of the fridge and leaving the new box on the floor instead of filling the fridge up. I am a redhead. They are flying in the face of danger.

Oh, and the adverts where you get a clock as a welcome gift for signing up? What is that about?

Going to New Look in my backwards town which I never go to (for that reason) and finding that someone with the same name collected my parcel which had a tiny jumper in it, and I get a huge coat which isn't going to fit my size 6 daughter or even me and her together for some kind of comedy sketch. CHECK THE ORDER NUMBER!
this was so amusing to read but "I am also intensely irritated by toast crumbs from god knows what year AD in the butter tub." is my favourite. the human experience is so funny

Reactions: 2
People that say “I’ve got the flu” when it’s a regular cold. If you had the flu you’d know it. You can barely stand up let alone get dressed and go out. Call it what it is a cold.
THIS!!!! I hate when people come into the office with “the flu” I’ve only ever had the flu once and I was so poorly I was hallucinating - wouldn’t wish it upon anyone

Reactions: 12
THIS!!!! I hate when people come into the office with “the flu” I’ve only ever had the flu once and I was so poorly I was hallucinating - wouldn’t wish it upon anyone
Similarly, I worked with someone who regularly claimed to have 'a bit of a migraine'.
I know there are varying degrees of migraine but I know when I get them, I am just not able to keep going as normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sellotape that splits every time you pull some off the roll. Infuriating.

Reactions: 14
Similarly, I worked with someone who regularly claimed to have 'a bit of a migraine'.
I know there are varying degrees of migraine but I know when I get them, I am just not able to keep going as normal.
This. I guarantee they just have a headache. When I had migraines it was never just 'a bit of' one, it was an awful experience. The only way I could relieve the pain was vomiting. Once went to work with one as I was still on probation and it took me my whole shift to clean one corridor because I felt like I was dying. I don't miss suffering them one bit.

Reactions: 10
On the subject of toilet roll, I get infuriated when someone leaves one square of paper on the roll. WHY?

Reactions: 8
People who say things like “strikes shouldn’t cause disruption”. (Some guy on the street interviewed on TV this morning). Clearly doesn’t understand that that’s the point of striking. No point in striking if there’s not some disruption.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Competitive shows on tv when they say “there can only be one winner!”
Of course there can only be one, that’s why it’s a competition

• Haha
Competitive shows on tv when they say “there can only be one winner!”
Of course there can only be one, that’s why it’s a competition
And in a similar but different vein, why do we give participation prizes to everyone these days just for turning up? Our kids need to learn to win and lose in life. Losing isn’t pleasant, but everyone cannot win.

Reactions: 13
When someone sets an appointment to come to your house, on the day of said appointment they don't reply to you and the time they should have come has passed. But you're still sat in this limbo land of ARE they going to come?

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Ditto to breadcrumbs in the butter tub, when I was at uni (and living with 10 others) I had to have my own private butter cos it used to piss me off so much 😂

packaging that is difficult to get into - aka salmon, why is it to hard to completely peel the seel off? End up with salmon juice everywhere

I hate violent arm swingers too when you try to overtake a slow walker and they’re swinging their arm out

probably the thing that gives me the most rage is my phone automatically connecting to vodafone wifi that 1. Doesn’t work ever and 2. Is seemingly everywhere. I’ve pressed forget network about 200 times and it still finds away. Omg it fucks me off so much 😂

Reactions: 7
probably the thing that gives me the most rage is my phone automatically connecting to vodafone wifi that 1. Doesn’t work ever and 2. Is seemingly everywhere. I’ve pressed forget network about 200 times and it still finds away. Omg it fucks me off so much 😂
Omg this but when a bus goes past me and my phone connects to their bleeping wifi 😂

Reactions: 2
Might trigger:

When someone chimes in with "that's racist" for everything.

Talking about our family sizes. She told me her aunt has 8 kids.

I said "she's a strong Nigerian woman".

Someone else chimes in with that's racist. :rolleyes:

Her aunt and the girl I was actually talking to are Nigerian...

Ditto to breadcrumbs in the butter tub, when I was at uni (and living with 10 others) I had to have my own private butter cos it used to piss me off so much 😂

packaging that is difficult to get into - aka salmon, why is it to hard to completely peel the seel off? End up with salmon juice everywhere

I hate violent arm swingers too when you try to overtake a slow walker and they’re swinging their arm out

"private butter" lmaooo 😭😭😭

• Haha
So agree with this, I've had flu twice, it literally floored me, couldn't get out of bed, hallucinations, had to literally crawl to the bathroom.
Have woken up this morning, thick head, sore throat, snotty nose and a cough, it's a cold!

So agree with this, I've had flu twice, it literally floored me, couldn't get out of bed, hallucinations, had to literally crawl to the bathroom.
Have woken up this morning, thick head, sore throat, snotty nose and a cough, it's a cold!
yes exactly this! Luckily I’ve only had it once in my life but it completely knocked me out for weeks. Couldn’t physically stand up without shaking and dizziness, felt like someone had hit me with a bus. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone tbh. People just love to say flu coz it’s more dramatic 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.