Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People. Just people being arseholes.
We took our kids to the field behind our house, built an epic snowman - taller than my 8 year old - carrot nose, the works. In the three minutes it took us to walk home, take our boots off and go into the kitchen, some kids had taken the head for their own snowman and were kicking the rest of it down. Watched by their parents, who had been on the field the whole time we had and had watched us build it.
I mean, it’s a public field so it was probably inevitable and it’s only a snowman at the end of the day. But it’s the principle of the thing - watch someone else make something and then with no thought or hesitation, ruin it. Honestly makes me wonder why I bother trying to be a nice, decent person who worries about others when so many self-entitled, selfish idiots just go round doing whatever the hell they like.
I feel you, I felt like this on the beach in the summer. My daughter made a few sand castles which she was very proud of only for a boy to come and jump on them all whilst the parents looked on. It's true what you say - there is literally no thought or hesitation.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I feel you, I felt like this on the beach in the summer. My daughter made a few sand castles which she was very proud of only for a boy to come and jump on them all whilst the parents looked on. It's true what you say - there is literally no thought or hesitation.
This made me sad

In regards to the crappy kids, do you guys think that kids in the UK are probably the rudest kids?

Most countries I have visited the kids are so well behaved there are a few shits here and there obviously but generally they are polite well mannered and not causing chaos everywhere.

I find some parents here to be so lazy in their parenting, or are too soft and let the kids rule the house, but they need discipline and boundaries.

So that’s my annoyance today- lazy parenting

• Wow
Reactions: 17
we’re in the airport waiting for our flight which has been delayed for almost 9 hours. It is gone midnight and most people waiting are lying down trying to sleep. We had to move seats because some man set his iPad to read the daily Mail out loud with a computerised voice on top volume, and at the same time another guy was watching loud tick tocks. So inconsiderate. Then to make it worse, a man has came and sat near us in the new spot, where a lot of people were sleeping and has started doing the same thing!!! Everyone who was asleep is now sat up.
Went out for Sunday lunch last week. Family in the corner had a child playing a game on an iPad with the volume on. Really annoying. When the waiter asked if he could turn the sound down the parents refused saying that the games weren’t the same with sound and it was keeping him quiet.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
This made me sad

In regards to the crappy kids, do you guys think that kids in the UK are probably the rudest kids?

Most countries I have visited the kids are so well behaved there are a few shits here and there obviously but generally they are polite well mannered and not causing chaos everywhere.

I find some parents here to be so lazy in their parenting, or are too soft and let the kids rule the house, but they need discipline and boundaries.

So that’s my annoyance today- lazy parenting
People who don't discipline their kids drive me mad. I have people who come to see me at work, and it infuriates me when they let their kids run riot in my office - opening and closing cupboard doors, messing with leaflets, etc. They seem totally oblivious - yet you know for a fact that if I said anything to them, the parents would put a complaint in straight away.

I used to work with a really old school guy who used to say "are you going to discipline your children or shall I do it for you?" 😂

Another bugbear of mine, for anyone who has ever had to process payments...when people put the name of the bank in the "account holder" box.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
People who don't discipline their kids drive me mad. I have people who come to see me at work, and it infuriates me when they let their kids run riot in my office - opening and closing cupboard doors, messing with leaflets, etc. They seem totally oblivious - yet you know for a fact that if I said anything to them, the parents would put a complaint in straight away.

I used to work with a really old school guy who used to say "are you going to discipline your children or shall I do it for you?" 😂

Another bugbear of mine, for anyone who has ever had to process payments...when people put the name of the bank in the "account holder" box.
I feel like I over compensate for these kind of people, constantly telling my kids off when we’re out to not touch things or not to be too loud!its really not hard to teach your kids how to behave imo… the whole seems to manage fine apart from parents here 🤣

Reactions: 7
People. Just people being arseholes.
We took our kids to the field behind our house, built an epic snowman - taller than my 8 year old - carrot nose, the works. In the three minutes it took us to walk home, take our boots off and go into the kitchen, some kids had taken the head for their own snowman and were kicking the rest of it down. Watched by their parents, who had been on the field the whole time we had and had watched us build it.
I mean, it’s a public field so it was probably inevitable and it’s only a snowman at the end of the day. But it’s the principle of the thing - watch someone else make something and then with no thought or hesitation, ruin it. Honestly makes me wonder why I bother trying to be a nice, decent person who worries about others when so many self-entitled, selfish idiots just go round doing whatever the hell they like.
I have to be honest, I'm so petty that I would have waited until they finished, then I'd have stomped across the field and snatched the head off their snowman, yelling "I think you'll find that this is mine".
Of course, anyone who has slightly more restraint than me, might just be content to sneak through the field under cover of darkness, attack the snowman vigorously with a baseball bat, and atop the snowy debris, leave a note with just a single word, ..."Bastards!!"
(Not saying that I'm one to bear a grudge or anything...😬)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have to be honest, I'm so petty that I would have waited until they finished, then I'd have stomped across the field and snatched the head off their snowman, yelling "I think you'll find that this is mine".
Of course, anyone who has slightly more restraint than me, might just be content to sneak through the field under cover of darkness, attack the snowman vigorously with a baseball bat, and atop the snowy debris, leave a note with just a single word, ..."Bastards!!"
(Not saying that I'm one to bear a grudge or anything...😬)
Oh we were very tempted! If it wasn’t freezing and I hadn’t just taken all my layers off I probably would have marched back over there and kicked down the snowman they had made 💪🏻 Cheeky gits!

Reactions: 3
The celebrities on House of Games who buzz in when they don’t know the answer, then try to buy time until Richard times them out. 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
People who won't stop talking AT you ... they just keep on and on and on, without taking a breath ... even a loud sigh doesn't stop them

Reactions: 11
The celebrities on House of Games who buzz in when they don’t know the answer, then try to buy time until Richard times them out. 🙄
Sometimes he’ll jump in almost straight away and say “I’m going to have to time you out as you need to give an answer straight away when you buzz” other times he’ll give them loads of time to think of an answer before timing them out

I wish he was more consistent

Reactions: 4
Sometimes he’ll jump in almost straight away and say “I’m going to have to time you out as you need to give an answer straight away when you buzz” other times he’ll give them loads of time to think of an answer before timing them out

I wish he was more consistent
Wouldn’t get this from Bradders over on The Chase 😤

Rude people on public transport tutting at bigger people taking up space. They’ve paid their fare just like you petal, get over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No offense to anyone here who falls under this category, but it annoys me when my friends make plans for a group dinner and we end up at a boring restaurant because of 1 or 2 ultra picky eaters in the group. It's fine if you don't want to get overly adventurous and try puffer fish or something, but it kind of kills the mood when they are completely closed off to trying anything else but burgers and chips. We're all so busy and have limited time to meet up so I just go along with it and make plans with a smaller group of friends at a later date who aren't adverse to different types of food.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
When I’m having a really bad night sleep and my bf is happily snoring away next to me. Feels like he’s gloating

• Heart
Reactions: 19
When I’m having a really bad night sleep and my bf is happily snoring away next to me. Feels like he’s gloating
I know where you are coming from 😘 My other half caused me sleepless nights for years as he has sleep aponea and refused to go to the doctor and get it sorted 🙄
I could have happily strangled him many a time, he's all sorted now so we can finally get a good nights sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I know where you are coming from 😘 My other half caused me sleepless nights for years as he has sleep aponea and refused to go to the doctor and get it sorted 🙄
I could have happily strangled him many a time, he's all sorted now so we can finally get a good nights sleep.

I had exactly the same with my other half!! Cpap machine seems to have sorted it but there were nights I could have got quite stabby with him, so completely sympathise x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.