Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of flu I don't see it so much now but I remember when people who were ill/had flu would say they have "man flu" without realising the definition of "man flu" is someone with a cold who basically overreact their symptoms - that would annoy me when people got it wrong

Reactions: 3
People who talk fast and don't even pause for breathe.
LISTEN FOR ONCE IN YOUR DAMN LIFE AND STFU!

Reactions: 9
My hands are so dry Most of my knuckles are cracked and gross looking :(
The troubles of an obsessive hand washer in a cold climate :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Impatient button jabbers. Those who turn up at lifts and pedestrian crossings when you've already pressed and illuminated the button. They're not happy with that though. They have to do it themselves...jab jab jab.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Turned the house upside-down looking for a gift that I hid. There's only 3 places I hide things as standard so I cannot understand where it has gone 😭.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Maybe using a more moisturising soap might help?
Finger less gloves in the house to keep your hands warm.
Thick gloves when outside.
As well as more regular application of good quality shea butter.

Reactions: 1
I got these from Amazon, I cover my hands in moisturiser and sleep in them, because I get awful eczema on my hands. Definitely helps
The boots ones help too, I sometimes get flares and lather on hydrocortisone and emollient

• Heart
Some of those people will also ask a question but won't stop talking so you can't even answer it, then they move on 😑
God, my MIL does this and it drives me insane. She’ll monologue at my kids for ages, inane stuff like “So how are your swimming lessons going? Do you enjoy them? Yeah, of course you do…”

Meanwhile the kids don’t even realise she’s talking to them, they’ve learned to just tune her out because they know she isn’t particularly interested in having a back and forth conversation with them 😬

I struggle with this every winter, but one thing I’ve found that helps to stop the hands cracking in the first place is avoiding liquid soap and using bars of soap instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My husband doesn't want to eat a full tin of beans but he wants more than half. As a result I end up finding a tin in the fridge with a tablespoon of beans left which will never be used.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
God, my MIL does this and it drives me insane. She’ll monologue at my kids for ages, inane stuff like “So how are your swimming lessons going? Do you enjoy them? Yeah, of course you do…”

Meanwhile the kids don’t even realise she’s talking to them, they’ve learned to just tune her out because they know she isn’t particularly interested in having a back and forth conversation with them 😬

I struggle with this every winter, but one thing I’ve found that helps to stop the hands cracking in the first place is avoiding liquid soap and using bars of soap instead.
Which bars do you find work best? As a guess in the dark I got an empty foaming soap dispenser and paired it up with the sensitive Dr. Bronner’s formula. My thinking was the less time I spend building the lather on my hands the better off I might be. I love the foamy soap (day 3) but I don’t think theory is panning out. 😓

Some of those people will also ask a question but won't stop talking so you can't even answer it, then they move on 😑
I used to work with someone like that. I would be in the middle of answering a question when she would cut across with another. I started to raise my voice very very slightly and finish my answer. She kinda got the hint.

Reactions: 4
Which bars do you find work best? As a guess in the dark I got an empty foaming soap dispenser and paired it up with the sensitive Dr. Bronner’s formula. My thinking was the less time I spend building the lather on my hands the better off I might be. I love the foamy soap (day 3) but I don’t think theory is panning out. 😓
I like to mooch around TK Maxx and picking up whatever looks nice! L’Occitane do beautiful shea butter soaps too.

I wonder if it’s the foaming agent in liquid soaps that’s bad for sensitive hands? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I like to mooch around TK Maxx and picking up whatever looks nice! L’Occitane do beautiful shea butter soaps too.

I wonder if it’s the foaming agent in liquid soaps that’s bad for sensitive hands? 🤷‍♀️
I can't get on with most of them. The only ones I can use are the 'sensitive' ones that tend to be coconut scented. The others make my hands peel.

Probably. Thank you for the recs! I’ll give them a try

Probably. Thank you for the recs! I’ll give them a try
I was told to avoid foaming soaps for eczema. The only moisturizer I can cope with is Aveeno, or the Diprobase emollient.

My thing that is little but annoys me immensely right now is colleagues assuming I will give them a lift to the staff Christmas meal this week and take them home after, because I don't drink.

1. They assume I am still a non drinker but what if I suddenly want a drink?! 😜
2. They assume I have space in the car
3. One of them lives 5 mins from me so I don't have a legitimate excuse 😩 Happens every year.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.