Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Getting cards and letters addressed to Mr & Mrs [Husband’s Initial] Surname.

I swear to god, part of the reason I’m doing a PhD is so I can insist people put Dr & Mr Surname on our joint mail.
My MiL does that. We’d also been together for 10yrs before we got married. We both have separate bank accounts etc. I’m independent so is he. When we got married she was all ‘right joint accounts and joint this/that’. When we said the only change in the relationship was my last name she couldn’t understand. I love her dearly but trying to explain I’m my own person and his equal and not his witch was like knitting fog 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
really bad customer service. there seems to be a lot of it going around these days. one company ignored my e-mail asking for help to cancel the delivery of an whole electric toothbrush every three months until I figured out a way to do it on my own. then they started e-mailing me to sign up for a different subscription. No thank you! Another company sent me the wrong color and it was also broken. I sent them a video! They are not granting me a refund so far.

Reactions: 4
My MiL does that. We’d also been together for 10yrs before we got married. We both have separate bank accounts etc. I’m independent so is he. When we got married she was all ‘right joint accounts and joint this/that’. When we said the only change in the relationship was my last name she couldn’t understand. I love her dearly but trying to explain I’m my own person and his equal and not his witch was like knitting fog 🤣🤣
My MIL used to address my birthday card to Mrs husband initial, husband surname! Bad enough taking his surname, which I did under duress, I certainly didn’t want his first name as well! And I’ve never gone by Miss or Mrs, I’ve always been a Ms.

Reactions: 5
When people say “went” when they should say “gone”.

Like “Look what they’ve went and done”.

Reactions: 7
A picture of a Christmas tree or something Christmas related with a caption of “it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas”. Boils my piss

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My new pillow is too high and my neck is stiff every morning from sleeping wrong. I'll have to fork out for a decent pillow suitable for the way I sleep, again. I wish I could just order online but what if I buy something too hard or high again? 😩 Too tired to bother returning anything. Such a chore.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My new pillow is too high and my neck is stiff every morning from sleeping wrong. I'll have to fork out for a decent pillow suitable for the way I sleep, again. I wish I could just order online but what if I buy something too hard or high again? 😩 Too tired to bother returning anything. Such a chore.
That's always my fear when buying pillows. We've just been in a holiday cottage all week and the husband and I were saying how great the pillows were on the first night and how we'd need to look where they were from as we've been complaining about ours for ages. By last night they'd gone distinctly flat despite frequent plumping so we no longer want them.

Current ones are IKEA, a firm one on the bottom with a squishy one on top which have worked well but both have gone lumpy so aren't as pleasant to sleep on now. Paralysed with indecision about new ones though as can't even see the same ones on IKEA website now 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Perhaps unpick a seam and take some of the wadding out?. I can never find a pillow I enjoy. I remember holidays at my grandparents and they had an ancient feather bolster, still sad the best sleeps I ever had were 30 years ago 😢 .

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Perhaps unpick a seam and take some of the wadding out?. I can never find a pillow I enjoy. I remember holidays at my grandparents and they had an ancient feather bolster, still sad the best sleeps I ever had were 30 years ago 😢 .
Same. My grandma had feather pillows that had remained plump, unprickly and just amazingly comfy since god was a boy. Can't find that kind of thing now, although I have been very impressed with my 100% wool filled ones. No lumpiness and still squashy.

Reactions: 3
When you go into a shop to browse but there's no way to get out unless you're buying something (B&M) so you resort to cocking your leg over some barrier for freedom

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I just want to rant about people...maybe even other Tattle members!

But here's mine...
Getting Amazon prime on another 30 day free trial BUT not using it (because I can't be arsed filtering through the tit). Finally went to use it today but prime finished about an hour before.
And then I realise that I might not get another free trial for ages and Black Friday and Christmas is coming up.

I really have a love/hate for Amazon.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Why is everything bloody biscoff flavour.

Oh sorry sometimes it’s ‘caramelised biscuit’ flavour. Can’t even be bothered to pay to use the brand name but still want to create a whole range of stuff that tastes like it!

Get some other flavours!

Reactions: 8
I just want to rant about people...maybe even other Tattle members!

But here's mine...
Getting Amazon prime on another 30 day free trial BUT not using it (because I can't be arsed filtering through the tit). Finally went to use it today but prime finished about an hour before.
And then I realise that I might not get another free trial for ages and Black Friday and Christmas is coming up.

I really have a love/hate for Amazon.
You could create a new account or if you have any family members with it you can be added to their account without paying extra for it, once they share a link with you.

The post office. Our local is always full. You’re lucky if you can get in the queue without there being 12 people in front of you. Sometimes the queue snakes outside.

I don’t have the mental energy to wait. Know that Royal mail do a click from home service too but i’m not sure if it’s same day. As it’s saturday and reduced hours already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.