Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My cat hounding me for food, no matter how much I feed her she will eat it and still hound me. I think she has hyperphagia. I have a huge ceramic dog bowl that is filled to the brim with dry food and it's never empty so there is always food here, she also hunts. but no matter the time I get up or even if I so much as looked like I am going to go past her wet food bowl, there she is hounding me. even if I have just fed her half an hour ago.
My cat was like that in the last couple of years of her life. I took her to the vets, they did tests and it turned out she had thyroid issues (I forget if it was overactive or underactive). The vet prescribed her medication and needed to see her every few months to take blood to determine if the dosage needed to change.

The medication didn't fix the issue, it was just to control it. She still wanted more food than she needed, but it did improve things.

Yours might have a similar issue?

Reactions: 6
My cat was like that in the last couple of years of her life. I took her to the vets, they did tests and it turned out she had thyroid issues (I forget if it was overactive or underactive). The vet prescribed her medication and needed to see her every few months to take blood to determine if the dosage needed to change.

The medication didn't fix the issue, it was just to control it. She still wanted more food than she needed, but it did improve things.

Yours might have a similar issue?
I took her to the vet about it before and she is fine, health-wise just food-obsessed she has been like it since I got her as a tiny kit. Vet thought maybe she had to fight for food as a baby. The people I got her from had a few cats as well as the kittens and they were very "hippyish" just chilled and just put food down and didnt feed the kittens separately So maybe she didnt get enough back then and is scared Im going to forget to feed her.

Reactions: 5
Having an itchy eye whilst trying to wash up.

Putting on wet washing up gloves. Horrible!

Reactions: 11
My cat hounding me for food, no matter how much I feed her she will eat it and still hound me. I think she has hyperphagia. I have a huge ceramic dog bowl that is filled to the brim with dry food and it's never empty so there is always food here, she also hunts. but no matter the time I get up or even if I so much as looked like I am going to go past her wet food bowl, there she is hounding me. even if I have just fed her half an hour ago.
Appropriate!

1666286990913.png

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’ve just seen the first house with Christmas lights up 😬
They’re all decked out in Halloween stuff by me. Some are great but the “crime scene, do not enter” tape is the equivalent of those Christmas door bows 👎🏻

Why is all fresh pre-prepared veg from Kenya? Doesn’t matter what supermarket I use. I don’t want tenderstem broccoli more travelled than I am.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
My daughter asks me what she should draw. I said a flower. She said no, you have to choose a fruit or vegetable. Okay I say, draw a strawberry. No she says, I want to draw a carrot.

This on repeat with everything.

Mummy, what book shall we read? Me - Oh I'd like xyz. Her - No I don't want that one, I want abc.

Mummy what dress should I wear? Me - This one is really pretty, I think you should wear this one. Her - No, I want to wear this one.

Mummy what gymnastics should I show you? Me - a forward roll. Her - no I'm going to do a cartwheel.

You get the picture

WHY EVEN ASK ME 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
1) people who are slow but rush to make sure they’re in front of you for no reason, in turn slowing you down. Some old woman shoulder barged me at the canteen when I stepped in front of her whilst she was ordering a salad and picking what she wanted on it whilst I was trying to buy a solitary banana. Messed around taking ages to pay whilst I stood watching, for what?!

2) the fact there is no courgette in the supermarkets at the moment, so I’ve spent the evening driving round trying to find some, and have now had to try and think of something else to make with the other ingredients

Reactions: 4
The amount of dead insects in the house we're staying at this week. Granted it's in "the country" but there are so many massive dead flies in the bedrooms and I've just found what looks like some sort of cocoon type thing on the upstairs carpet that I'm hoping will just go into the hoover without me having to touch it 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Not a little thing, but I'd rather have the tiny body and inability to move more than a cm per minute than one of those elephantine mofos that suddenly charge across the carpet and pause as if challenging you to find something big enough and quickly enough to attempt to end their hostile takeover of your lounge and your (my) sanity.
Those giant spiders come into our warm houses to meet other spiders and have sex.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I took her to the vet about it before and she is fine, health-wise just food-obsessed she has been like it since I got her as a tiny kit. Vet thought maybe she had to fight for food as a baby. The people I got her from had a few cats as well as the kittens and they were very "hippyish" just chilled and just put food down and didnt feed the kittens separately So maybe she didnt get enough back then and is scared Im going to forget to feed her.
My cat is a little bastard. He can run rings around my husband who is a softie so cat gets into bad habits quickly.
He (cat) tries shifting his feeding time earlier and earlier. I will have none of his nonsense so when hes pestering me 30 minutes before dinnertime he gets ignored and will have to wait longer.
He isnt starving because when he eats just a little and walks off

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hate spiders with a passion. The way they scuttle across the floor then stop. Like “c’mon bro. Fight me”. Nope. 1 year there was 1 suddenly appeared next to me on the dining table. Well I screamed and beat the tit out of it (sorry to those who save them). Wasn’t until my middle daughter came through and asked me why the hell I’d beaten tit out of her false eyelash 🤣🤣🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My cat likes eating random things of the floor like some fluff or whatever he finds. When I see him do it I try to grab whatever he's trying to eat. Apart from the last few times it wasn't fluff at all but a curled up spider that starts moving as soon as I touch it 😑🤢😭 I'm honestly traumatised

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hate spiders with a passion. The way they scuttle across the floor then stop. Like “c’mon bro. Fight me”. Nope. 1 year there was 1 suddenly appeared next to me on the dining table. Well I screamed and beat the tit out of it (sorry to those who save them). Wasn’t until my middle daughter came through and asked me why the hell I’d beaten tit out of her false eyelash 🤣🤣🤦‍♀️
2 of my teens wear false eyelashes. The younger one trims the end off so her room is littered with the bloody things. One of these days it won’t actually be an eyelash!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Getting cards and letters addressed to Mr & Mrs [Husband’s Initial] Surname.

I swear to god, part of the reason I’m doing a PhD is so I can insist people put Dr & Mr Surname on our joint mail.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.