Little things in life that annoy you immensely #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I now have 4 parcels from different sellers caught in the Ervi twilight zone.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Jenga. Just spent half an hour trying to get that bastard game back in its bleeping box.
🤣🤣 this made me lol as I had a similar thing last xmas. for future, if you stack them up and slide the box down them it does the trick normally.

Reactions: 2
When on the phone to someone, trying to have a quick convo because you’re crazy busy & was just checking in on something, and they answer another call then get arsey because you hang up and can’t answer their return call 🤣

Reactions: 6
Packaging that's designed to fold over where the allergens are stated - it's not very helpful when the fold is too folded over and you can't see them
On a similar note where the cooking instructions for a food item that is in plastic packaging is on the inside of the sticky label that is attached to it.

You either have to try and carefully peel the label off without ripping it in order to flip it round and read it or once you’ve taken the food out try and read it through the packaging if it’s transparent

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
People who use inappropriate email addresses on official forms. If you're reading this, Sexysarah69, your cheque's in the post 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 28
People who use inappropriate email addresses on official forms. If you're reading this, Sexysarah69, your cheque's in the post 👍
I’ve seen some crackers in my time - my favourite was when I had to confirm them with the customers in phone calls 😂 ok fatfuck86 - your documents will be emailed over shortly 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
When people (always see it on Towie) say was instead of were. Like "we was uptown the other day". Gets my back up

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
When people (always see it on Towie) say was instead of were. Like "we was uptown the other day". Gets my back up
my family are from south wales and they say “i seen him the other day” and it does my head in. Saw. You saw him.

• Haha
my family are from south wales and they say “i seen him the other day” and it does my head in. Saw. You saw him.
You get this a lot in East Anglia too, but it's so dialectical and sounds so different and old-fashioned if it's in an old accent, I give it a pass for some reason. It sounds like "I sinnum"/ "I sinner" (I seen him/her) or "I sinnut" (I seen it).
I'd haaaaate it in a bog-standard estuary accent or whatever though.

Reactions: 6
People who call you when they could've text you

Partly due to someone's error, I've got to go to the chemist for the third time this week

Reactions: 4
You get this a lot in East Anglia too, but it's so dialectical and sounds so different and old-fashioned if it's in an old accent, I give it a pass for some reason. It sounds like "I sinnum"/ "I sinner" (I seen him/her) or "I sinnut" (I seen it).
I'd haaaaate it in a bog-standard estuary accent or whatever though.
And “he shew me what ter do” is another dialect phrase that only works in East Anglia

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is very Mancunian too. I can live with it spoken, but when it's written down it looks like a bleeping pig's ear. And is obviously grammatically incorrect. I dunno how they reach adulthood not knowing the difference between dialect and written English.

Also I'm having my bathroom redone and four days of the last week and a half the tilers haven't turned up but haven't told me, so I'm sitting like a bleeping lemon waiting for them to turn up and I've been without a shower for ten days. Gonna have a breakdown about it imminently.

• Angry
  • Heart
When you're talking to someone on the phone and say you have to go ... because you really do ... and they either carry on talking or say to wait, as they just want to tell you something quickly (which is never, ever quick).

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.