Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish she'd just shut up and go away for a while. She's made her point, via social media, documentary, radio shows and interviews. There's so much going on in the world besides jessy bleeping Nelson. She should take her millions and focus on getting her mental health back on track. I'll be the first one cheering her on if she takes time to get well and comes back. In the meantime, I wish she'd just let the other girls carry on without her like a shadow over them.
Completely agree to be fair I don’t blame the girls being annoyed at her. They’ve tried to help her as much as she they can and I’m not blaming Jesy but I imagine she’s been hard to work with. I watched the live lounge clip and Perrie had to pick up singing Jesy lines in the next song as Jesy couldn’t. Then she wants to leave the band to focus on her mental health completely the right decision but then posting selfie’s a few days later! I would be a bit annoyed if I was one of them

Reactions: 21
I don’t know if it’s true or not but it’s been said on this thread (I think?) that they had broken up around the time of her last performance with Little Mix.
If that's true, I really hope she stays single for a while.

In other news, she unfollowed Alex (Perrie's bf) today. Hmm....

• Wow
Reactions: 16
What I think is weird is that she seems to blame being in the band for being the root of her problems. I do think she intends to stay in the public eye in some form; she’s asked fans to continue along with her on her journey. She doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. It’s all very awkward.

I wonder what it is about being in the band specifically that she thinks is the issue, because I’m sure she will just run into those same problems time and time again as long as she’s in the spotlight. The media, her self image, being compared to other women - those are issues faced by any celeb.

The sad thing is I think LM were kind of at the golden hour of their careers - well established and with plenty of accomplishments behind them. They just seemed to have plenty going for them and lots of options going forward. Leaving the band if anything has just fixed the spotlight harder on Jesy and created more pressure as people are watching her more closely now.

Reactions: 12

This entire situation is strange!
She’s unfollowed the Little Mix manager I believe?, the quietness around the situation is strange, now the unfollowing Alex. I’m guessing that there has been an argument and Jesy has decided to leave.

I’m probably just looking into it too much.

What I think is weird is that she seems to blame being in the band for being the root of her problems. I do think she intends to stay in the public eye in some form; she’s asked fans to continue along with her on her journey. She doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. It’s all very awkward.

I wonder what it is about being in the band specifically that she thinks is the issue, because I’m sure she will just run into those same problems time and time again as long as she’s in the spotlight. The media, her self image, being compared to other women - those are issues faced by any celeb.

The sad thing is I think LM were kind of at the golden hour of their careers - well established and with plenty of accomplishments behind them. They just seemed to have plenty going for them and lots of options going forward. Leaving the band if anything has just fixed the spotlight harder on Jesy and created more pressure as people are watching her more closely now.
I don’t think this decision is going to end well. Imo she clearly intends to stay in the public eye and it’s only going to get harder when it’s just you on stage. You get all the criticism and if you mess up you have nobody to hide behind. Maybe she’ll try other things but for now I think she’s going to have a go at a solo career. I just hope that she’ll do what is best for her mental health.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
What’s she doing posting presumably topless photos of herself then pulling the anxiety card the next? OK everyone suffers MH differently and I’m saying that as a sufferer of MH conditions for 10+ years since my early teens but it just isn’t sitting right with me at all.

Reactions: 21

I agree completely!

I hate that she's being celebrated as some kind of 'hero' for prioritizing her mental health but right now it looks like she has no intentions of leaving the show business and only left the band because she wanted to do something differently career-wise.

Reactions: 15
What’s she doing posting presumably topless photos of herself then pulling the anxiety card the next? OK everyone suffers MH differently and I’m saying that as a sufferer of MH conditions for 10+ years since my early teens but it just isn’t sitting right with me at all.
its all bullshit. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Angry
Reactions: 10

Shocked she unfollowed him, they were quite good friends, she set Perrie and Alex up and was often going out with them for dinners etc, think he took Jesy to Paris on a private jet with him and Perrie on a date as well when she broke up with one of her exes.

She also unfollowed Leigh-Anne’s sister, their stylists, Little Mix The Search and LMX beauty according to fans on Twitter. Wonder how long it’ll be until she unfollows them all?!

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Agreed and I think equally so on their side too.

“We are still very much enjoying our Little Mix journey and the 3 of us are not ready for it to be over.”
Yesss I wasn’t sure on this!
I have to say tho on jesy statement - I thought it was nice that a he mentioned the girls last. I don’t follow many bands so idk if they usually do that but I’m sure 99% of the time they always thank the fans last (to kinda cement that the fans are most important?) I liked that she said “most of all I want to thank the girls”

Posted this on the celeb gossip thread a few weeks ago- I saw Jesy a few years ago at a NYE event. I remember being surprised she wasn’t celebrating it with the other girls. It was clear that she was on a more than alcohol that night as well, as were those around her:confused:
Your username with this post made me LOL 😁

I’m just speaking from my personal experience of having severe mental health illnesses, the last thing I want to do is post a picture of myself. I know everyone experiences MH differently. I wonder if it is a validation thing, who knows. But doesn’t sit right with me.
I’ve suffered with MH all my life ans for me it depends. As you say, there are times the last thing I want is to post pictures of myself. Other times Sm is an escape (eg all my silly animal videos I share on IG ...it’s a 15secs of escapism) and very rarely but sometimes even posting a pic of myself might allow me to escape from reality for 15 or so mins while I edit it (and before anyone jumps I don’t mean FaceTune! I mean edit the contrast, vibrance etc to get it “instageammable”) and decide on my caption. The validation others have mentioned rarely but sometimes plays a part too. So, I think is possible she can be suffering and still post narcissistic stuff plenty do it

this was on my youtube homepage so I thought I'd give it a watch and the video and comments made me feel so sad for Jesy :(
Ugh I’m sorry but will someone pls glass Katie Hopkins. Both eyes. AND that disgusting mouth of hers (/fingers)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Yesss I wasn’t sure on this!
I have to say tho on jesy statement - I thought it was nice that a he mentioned the girls last. I don’t follow many bands so idk if they usually do that but I’m sure 99% of the time they always thank the fans last (to kinda cement that the fans are most important?) I liked that she said “most of all I want to thank the girls”
she won’t have written that statement herself. It’s all done by PR teams and management.

Reactions: 2
Shocked she unfollowed him, they were quite good friends, she set Perrie and Alex up and was often going out with them for dinners etc, think he took Jesy to Paris on a private jet with him and Perrie on a date as well when she broke up with one of her exes.

She also unfollowed Leigh-Anne’s sister, their stylists, Little Mix The Search and LMX beauty according to fans on Twitter. Wonder how long it’ll be until she unfollows them all?!
I wonder what happened there with Alex. Surely there's no reason to unfollow him if he's a friend?

Reactions: 3
she won’t have written that statement herself. It’s all done by PR teams and management.
Yh I think that’s what I mean. I’d expect PR to always tell them to thank/mention fans last to cement the idea of the fans being most important and “the reason I do it”. It surprised me it was the other way around

B

The thing is if she really and truly wanted a private life and time to sort herself out she could have it. The media would leave her alone like they do alot of other big pop stars who dont court them. She doesnt want a private life or she wouldnt be posting pointless selfies. Shes addicted to the attention but then says the attention isnt good for her. She will never win the battle with her current approach

Reactions: 11
She could have a private life if she wanted to! Take Kylie Minogue for instance. HUGE pop star. When do we see pics of her being hounded. Never. With the press it’s all a big game. Not just pop stars but think A listers too. When they want to disappear it’s easy. Think Kim K after the Paris robbery, apart from the initial arriving back in NY she literally disappeared for months.

I think it would be relatively easy for her to live a private life now too. She’s famous, but not a huge megastar. It seems to me like fame is something you have to actively keep the momentum going otherwise you just fizzle out and people move on. Unless you’re some huge international icon with massive ongoing interest in you like Britney for example, you’re replaceable as a celeb. I think she still wants to work in the entertainment industry though. I think the issue is something specifically to do with the band.

Reactions: 8
I think it would be relatively easy for her to live a private life now too. She’s famous, but not a huge megastar. It seems to me like fame is something you have to actively keep the momentum going otherwise you just fizzle out and people move on. Unless you’re some huge international icon with massive ongoing interest in you like Britney for example, you’re replaceable as a celeb. I think she still wants to work in the entertainment industry though. I think the issue is something specifically to do with the band.
my personal hunch is that she’s probably got a drug or alcohol problem, was getting out of hand and hard to manage within the group and the management told her to clean up her act or she was out. She’s looked off her face a few times so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was more the case. The management are trying to protect the brand image and she had become a liability.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.