Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm actually really sad they will now be lumbered in with the rest of the girl group drama with members leaving, falling out etc as they did genuinely seem like good friends. I truly believe they were for the best part of 9 years and thought they would go the distance. Yes, taking breaks here are there and slowing down, but I did think they would always come back to record & tour - just not the on the crazy schedule they've been on for the last decade.

Such a shame. They really were the perfect group. I think the other 3 are gutted (and maybe slightly relieved)

Reactions: 11
I can’t remember who it was but I remember years ago someone leaving a group or a band and they said they wanted to stay longer but once they told the group the group made them leave straight away as it wasn’t fair on anyone. So it’s possible that could of happened, her wanting to leave at the end of the year? Leaving before the final of The Search was just very strange!

Reactions: 3
I’m currently reading a book on late-diagnosis ADHD (cos well that’s me!) and there is a FANTASTIC section on self medication and drug taking in general. The stats are astounding and basically show that a HELLLLL of a lot of substance misuse can be traced back to (often unknowingly) self medicating for neurological conditions. It’s in the book because those with ADHD don’t actually react physiologically to stimulants (they don’t make us high, they make us ‘normal’ lol) and so many end up self medicating with it without realising. The woman who wrote the book said she used to use coke a lot, and since being diagnosed found that the medication delivered the same result but better - goes direct to where u need it, no nasal damage and less expense.

Just interesting to read as she says she herself has since changed the way she views drug addiction and addicts themselves ans believes we need to do this more on society (which I believe too). I’ll try and take a pic of the page to upload

Reactions: 7
I agree - the way she’s acting atm is like she’s the one who’s been slighted, when you’d think it’d be the other way round if she’s the one who’s left the girls in the lurch?

Reactions: 5
I think they did go the distance though and probably exceeded all expectations but it’s been almost a decade. I couldn’t really imagine a group of women pushing 30 running around a stage singing Black Magic or Wings (I know they’ve tried to sex up their image recently but I personally don’t think they can pull it off). Even if Jesy hadn’t left, it would’ve come to a natural end soon anyway imo. All of the girls are talented though and will have some degree of success in whichever avenue they decide to go down. I’m sure I read somewhere that they’ve all had separate projects in the pipeline for a while now

Reactions: 8
I’m currently reading a book on late-diagnosis ADHD (cos well that’s me!) and there is a FANTASTIC section on self medication and drug taking in general. The stats are astounding and basically show that a HELLLLL of a lot of substance misuse can be traced back to (often unknowingly) self medicating for neurological conditions. It’s in the book because those with ADHD don’t actually react physiologically to stimulants (they don’t make us high, they make us ‘normal’ lol) and so many end up self medicating with it without realising. The woman who wrote the book said she used to use coke a lot, and since being diagnosed found that the medication delivered the same result but better - goes direct to where u need it, no nasal damage and less expense.

Just interesting to read as she says she herself has since changed the way she views drug addiction and addicts themselves ans believes we need to do this more on society (which I believe too). I’ll try and take a pic of the page to upload
Since seeing a therapist and being diagnosed with c-ptsd it definitely changed the way I look at addiction. The actual substance or addiction isn't usually the problem, it's something else going on like a condition (ptsd, adhd, bpd) and the addiction is just the medicine being used to solve it.

It was really eye opening for me as I've not struggled with addiction with substance but I did use fast food and the gym to medicate my trauma.

Reactions: 2
I agree - the way she’s acting atm is like she’s the one who’s been slighted, when you’d think it’d be the other way round if she’s the one who’s left the girls in the lurch?
Maybe she was being wishy washy - saying she wanted to take a break but refusing to commit to coming back etc and perhaps the management team just needed something more definite? For instance, if they were trying to plan next years tour and Jesy wouldn’t guarantee she would be back but also wouldn’t step away fully, then they would just need to tell her to leave rather than the band being let down.
(I’m rambling but I hope that makes sense)

Reactions: 8
I think they did go the distance though and probably exceeded all expectations but it’s been almost a decade. I couldn’t really imagine a group of women pushing 30 running around a stage singing Black Magic or Wings (I know they’ve tried to sex up their image recently but I personally don’t think they can pull it off). Even if Jesy hadn’t left, it would’ve come to a natural end soon anyway imo. All of the girls are talented though and will have some degree of success in whichever avenue they decide to go down. I’m sure I read somewhere that they’ve all had separate projects in the pipeline for a while now
That's just not true - Confetti had the biggest opening week sales for a British female artist. Sweet Melody is likely to be another Platinum smash. They had plenty of life left in them!

Reactions: 10
That's just not true - Confetti had the biggest opening week sales for a British female artist. Sweet Melody is likely to be another Platinum smash. They had plenty of life left in them!
I’m not saying they’ve stopped being successful as a band. They are and would continue to be for years because they have insane fans who would follow them to the ends of the earth. But they’re a manufactured group who’s sole purpose is to make money for their record label like every other group who came before, regardless of how talented they are or if they’re best mates. They’ve been doing the same thing for a decade now so it’s only natural that they would want to branch out and try to establish some control over their careers. Leigh-Anne now has her own tv company and is set to star in an upcoming film called Boxing Day - that’s a fact and I’m sure it was confirmed that they all have projects lined up when their current tour ends.

Reactions: 5
I’m not saying they’ve stopped being successful as a band. They are and would continue to be for years because they have insane fans who would follow them to the ends of the earth. But they’re a manufactured group who’s sole purpose is to make money for their record label like every other group who came before, regardless of how talented they are or if they’re best mates. They’ve been doing the same thing for a decade now so it’s only natural that they would want to branch out and try to establish some control over their careers. Leigh-Anne now has her own tv company and is set to star in an upcoming film called Boxing Day - that’s a fact and I’m sure it was confirmed that they all have projects lined up when their current tour ends.
Yes to this but things changed when they left Simon Cowell / SyCo during LM5 era. That’s when they went from a Manufactured group earning money for him to a group with a passion to earn money for themselves.

Pretty sure they only signed a one album deal with RCA so their next step as a group will be interesting! But they’ve had more control this time, they had MNEK as co exec on Confetti who’s not even on their label, they picked him. The ball has been in their court this album run more so than any release they’ve done!

Reactions: 4
I hope the other girls can enjoy what they love doing now. I’ve seen the videos of Jesy who couldn’t have looked less interested in being with them if she tried, that can’t have been easy for them to be around.

Reactions: 9
Yes to this but things changed when they left Simon Cowell / SyCo during LM5 era. That’s when they went from a Manufactured group earning money for him to a group with a passion to earn money for themselves.

Pretty sure they only signed a one album deal with RCA so their next step as a group will be interesting! But they’ve had more control this time, they had MNEK as co exec on Confetti who’s not even on their label, they picked him. The ball has been in their court this album run more so than any release they’ve done!
Yeah I think signing with RCA was huge - mostly in a financial sense but they’ll always be a manufactured band because of how they came about and I don’t see them ever having full creative control (not dissing them at all btw, most pop acts are the same). I’d also say they’re the most talented manufactured group the UK has ever had which is probably why they’ve lasted so long. I’m excited to see what kind of things they’ll pursue and how they’ll evolve if they do go on hiatus though. Leigh-Anne going into acting is interesting

Reactions: 2
The latest Brazilian / Spanish fan theory is Jesy unfollowed Alex because Perrie and Alex have secretly gotten engaged and Jesy thinks Alex is a “macho footballer” who sees Perrie as a maid. They also think he’s with Perrie for money.... the man signed to Liverpool with a 125k a week salary. I’d be surprised if she even made his monthly salary in a year!

They have issues, I swear!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The latest Brazilian / Spanish fan theory is Jesy unfollowed Alex because Perrie and Alex have secretly gotten engaged and Jesy thinks Alex is a “macho footballer” who sees Perrie as a maid. They also think he’s with Perrie for money.... the man signed to Liverpool with a 125k a week salary. I’d be surprised if she even made his monthly salary in a year!

They have issues, I swear!
Brilliant! The last thing Alex is with Petrie for is money. Like you said, he’s got more than enough of his own. Why are their fans so crazy?

Reactions: 6
Crazy stans are weird to me, I can’t imagine being over 16 and being that obsessive a d invested over any celebrity.

Crazy stans are weird to me, I can’t imagine being over 16 and being that obsessive a d invested over any celebrity.
It’s so weird, I love reading their tweets though - gives me a right little giggle during my breaks!

It looks like Perrie is following Leigh and bringing out her own brand by the looks of her instagram.

The last year and a half they have all started doing a lot of projects on their own... Leigh’s bikini brand, she’s now going to be in a film, Jade on Ru Paul’s drag race etc. I mean I never used to see them doing their own individual things a few years back?

It looks like Perrie is following Leigh and bringing out her own brand by the looks of her instagram.

The last year and a half they have all started doing a lot of projects on their own... Leigh’s bikini brand, she’s now going to be in a film, Jade on Ru Paul’s drag race etc. I mean I never used to see them doing their own individual things a few years back?
Probably since the break from SyCo/Modest they have greater freedoms to explore further opportunities beyond music. Which is of course good for them building a future post-Little Mix.

Unpopular opinion but I find Perrie loud and irritating :LOL:I don't like her voice, don't get me wrong she can definitely sing but I find her voice quite harsh to listen to (like Jessie J).
Leigh Anne is with Andre which says it all. So Jade is probably the only one I'll keep an eye out for if they do separate things.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.