Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few years ago a friend’s daughter won a backstage meet and greet with Little Mix. Little Mix turned up exceptionally late, looked thoroughly bored throughout and did the bare minimum. One of them was particularly rude and obnoxious.
Jesy, however, was the complete opposite. She engaged with my friend’s daughter, who was 7 at the time, asking her questions about herself and telling her how much she liked her top and that her hair was really pretty.
I’ve always had a soft spot for her because of that, I wish her well.
The funny thing is, from meeting them myself and also other people's experiences, it is wildly agreed that Jesy is the most unfriendly to fans. I've always put it down to her insecurities so didn't judge her too hard so it is funny to hear such a different experience.

Reactions: 9
I think perri is the only one that has the potential to make it as a solo singer, purely because she has the best voice.
I always remember this is what Gary Barlow would comment on when the girls were on X Factor

Reactions: 2

It didn't take long for cracks to show. I can imagine management told her to get it together and sort herself out etc instead of taking her illness more seriously. The rest of the girls were probably more supportive but secretly felt dragged down by all the Jesy drama in a industry that's hard enough when you don't have problems.

Reactions: 15

It didn't take long for cracks to show. I can imagine management told her to get it together and sort herself out etc instead of taking her illness more seriously. The rest of the girls were probably more supportive but secretly felt dragged down by all the Jesy drama in a industry that's hard enough when you don't have problems.
This will be the interesting thing - if she truly wants to avoid criticism, peoples’ opinions then she should start a private instagram account so she doesn’t have to see the other 3 carrying on, and see all her old managers etc, but I imagine it is hard to let go of an account that has such a following. I really hope Jesy looks after herself.

I also wonder if Jesy actually quit suddenly last month but was persuaded by management to “take time out” so as not to completely disrupt the promo of the album by publicly leaving.

I also wonder how the admin side of things has worked out regarding contract - would she have had to buy herself out, will she still get royalties etc?

Is anyone here in the ‘biz that can shed some light as to what happens when a band member leaves - do they still get earnings from records they featured in, i.e. this latest album?

Reactions: 12
Their management is crap and always have been, they’re part of the reason of the fall out with Simon Cowell.

Everyone on Modest! got dropped from Syco which was all the artists that ended in him closing Syco and artists being without record labels!

Reactions: 5
This will be the interesting thing - if she truly wants to avoid criticism, peoples’ opinions then she should start a private instagram account so she doesn’t have to see the other 3 carrying on, and see all her old managers etc, but I imagine it is hard to let go of an account that has such a following. I really hope Jesy looks after herself.

I also wonder if Jesy actually quit suddenly last month but was persuaded by management to “take time out” so as not to completely disrupt the promo of the album by publicly leaving.

I also wonder how the admin side of things has worked out regarding contract - would she have had to buy herself out, will she still get royalties etc?

Is anyone here in the ‘biz that can shed some light as to what happens when a band member leaves - do they still get earnings from records they featured in, i.e. this latest album?
I'd be really interested to know this too. somebody I know commented that she'll be able to live off royalties alone so won't need to worry about work but I'd be interested to know whether that's definitely the case. I can't imagine that she wouldn't get any royalties as it is still her work.

I think royalties come into play only if you had a hand in composing or writing music.

I think royalties come into play only if you had a hand in composing or writing music.
You get royalties as just a vocalist on the recording. Although if you wrote it you get more and get royalties every time it's performed.

Little mix are credited with writing lots of songs as "little mix" so presumably she'll get a cut of that going on for songs before she left. Which won't be an insignificant amount. Other songs just the other three are credited as co writers

Freak" #Little MixLittle Mix
Jake Roche
Dan Bartlett
Nick Atkinson
Glory Days
(Deluxe edition)
2016[19]
"Gloves Up"Little MixJade Thirlwall
Leigh-Anne Pinnock
Maegan Cottone
Perrie Edwards
Peter Rycroft
Confetti2020[21]

Reactions: 6
Not surprised she's left as she's by far the most famous now and has lots of doors open to her. She's done the girl group thing for many years and as much as they make out like they're best friends, they're colleagues.

I think she's going to need to tread carefully, she now knows what living a life in the pubic eye entails. If she wants to carry on doing that

Not saying it's right, because similarly you should be able to leave your house unlocked and no one robs anything but certain things are inevitable. She seemed to seek out negative comments that weren't even @ her, so what can you even do about that? If you're famous people will talk.

Seeing her label Photoshop her thinner and the popstar filtered image being different to what she saw in the mirror seemed to be a big part of it.
I don’t know - I’d say Perrie is the most ‘famous’ one out of the four of them maybe its down to her ex being Zayn and obviously now Alex. She has the most Instagram following etc and if they ever seem to do an awards show or perform its always her that trends on twitter/gets the most attention etc.

Reactions: 15
There must have been a falling out. It makes no sense why the others, who perpetuate such a female empowerment and sisterhood against all odds vibe, would not at least comment or like her post about leaving. It makes no sense at all that they’d be told to not do that. They are their own people at the end of the day and I find it hard to believe that they would be controlled to such a degree that they’d be asked to refrain from publicly supporting someone who they worked/travelled/lived/ was friends with for ten years. There must have been a bust up. I feel like they’ll just act like she never existed from now on, and she’ll be airbrushed out. I don’t think we’ll be getting any major scoop on what actually happened but I’d hazard a guess that things didn’t end amicably

Reactions: 19
Once one member leaves it's basically guaranteed that the band will completely break up not long afterwards. Even though they say that they're supportive, they must be feeling annoyed as well because they know that things are going downhill from now on.

Reactions: 12
She will now be on every reality show known to man to make money - Strictly/DOI/Celeb - you just watch. so feel sorry for her but part of her issue is that she couldn’t stay off social media - it’s like a drug to some and the LACK of attention will eventually become worse. I genuinely wish her well.

Reactions: 13
They have commented wishing her well. Saw it in DM online.
I don't think they have? I can't find anything?

I honestly think she sprung this on them that she was leaving without much warning or discussion and that is why the silence from the other girls.

Jade previously spoke how they would like to not break up but go off and do other projects and come back and do more Little Mix and I guess with Jesy straight up leaving, that is unlikely.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know - I’d say Perrie is the most ‘famous’ one out of the four of them maybe its down to her ex being Zayn and obviously now Alex. She has the most Instagram following etc and if they ever seem to do an awards show or perform its always her that trends on twitter/gets the most attention etc.
I'd disagree as follower numbers are meaningless as so many have dead followers that never see their posts because they stopped interacting. Not that it really matters

Jade definitely has the most doors open to do other things

Reactions: 4
I'd disagree as follower numbers are meaningless as so many have dead followers that never see their posts because they stopped interacting. Not that it really matters

Jade definitely has the most doors open to do other things
I would say Perrie is the most ‘famous’ but a lot of it will be from dating Zayn and Alex (obvs she’s famous in her right she’s not known for being their partners she’s known from little mix but the ones who don’t her from little mix).
Jade is the most well known in the most areas and for being Jade because she’s branched out a lot. Jesy I would say is well known probably more than Jade but unfortunately from all the negative press she’s gotten about her weight. When I speak to people about little mix who don’t follow them it’s always oh is it the big one I only know the big one. Then Leigh Anne bless her just fades away, probably doesn’t help who her boyfriend is.

Perrie has the most followers, then jesy, then Jade, then Leigh Anne but it will be interesting to see who has the best engagement because followers really do mean nothing

Reactions: 7
C8B8C26B-6AE7-4660-B704-F25D8B25A15E.png
661A3A91-464B-4E9D-BD65-78DC9CF83BBB.png
15283D1E-7EB7-4F86-9DDA-042A893E0C41.png

In regards to the insta followers/engagement, couldn’t get access to Jesys.
Perrie has the best engagement and Leigh has the worse. The average engagement is 3% but a lot of celebs have 6%+

Reactions: 3
I would say Perrie is the most ‘famous’ but a lot of it will be from dating Zayn and Alex (obvs she’s famous in her right she’s not known for being their partners she’s known from little mix but the ones who don’t her from little mix).
Jade is the most well known in the most areas and for being Jade because she’s branched out a lot. Jesy I would say is well known probably more than Jade but unfortunately from all the negative press she’s gotten about her weight. When I speak to people about little mix who don’t follow them it’s always oh is it the big one I only know the big one. Then Leigh Anne bless her just fades away, probably doesn’t help who her boyfriend is.

Perrie has the most followers, then jesy, then Jade, then Leigh Anne but it will be interesting to see who has the best engagement because followers really do mean nothing
I think I'm getting jesy and jade mixed up. Tbh I wouldn't recognise any of them if I saw them in home bargains.😆

There's the one with the documentary and the one that's got some brains and saves them in interviews..that's all I really know

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.