Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chattyman321

whatttttt the 😧 those tweets are vile. He wasn’t even a young kid he was 21 and it wasn’t even that long ago

Reactions: 16

Lemontree04

Chatty Member
I don’t know if it’s true or not but it’s been said on this thread (I think?) that they had broken up around the time of her last performance with Little Mix.
If that's true, I really hope she stays single for a while.

In other news, she unfollowed Alex (Perrie's bf) today. Hmm....

• Wow

TJ90

VIP Member
She could have a private life if she wanted to! Take Kylie Minogue for instance. HUGE pop star. When do we see pics of her being hounded. Never. With the press it’s all a big game. Not just pop stars but think A listers too. When they want to disappear it’s easy. Think Kim K after the Paris robbery, apart from the initial arriving back in NY she literally disappeared for months.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I think it would be relatively easy for her to live a private life now too. She’s famous, but not a huge megastar. It seems to me like fame is something you have to actively keep the momentum going otherwise you just fizzle out and people move on. Unless you’re some huge international icon with massive ongoing interest in you like Britney for example, you’re replaceable as a celeb. I think she still wants to work in the entertainment industry though. I think the issue is something specifically to do with the band.
my personal hunch is that she’s probably got a drug or alcohol problem, was getting out of hand and hard to manage within the group and the management told her to clean up her act or she was out. She’s looked off her face a few times so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was more the case. The management are trying to protect the brand image and she had become a liability.

Her fiancé is straight up trash, but I refuse to dismiss her experiences with racism because of what he tweeted almost a decade ago when she wasn’t even dating him...

• Heart

S4buk

VIP Member
I reckon she’s left but there are ongoing talks trying to convince her to stay, hence why they haven’t said anything either way.

JakeM

VIP Member
my personal hunch is that she’s probably got a drug or alcohol problem, was getting out of hand and hard to manage within the group and the management told her to clean up her act or she was out. She’s looked off her face a few times so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was more the case. The management are trying to protect the brand image and she had become a liability.
Rumours have apparently spread on Twitter that her leaving had something to do with coke/rehab so you could be spot on.

• Wow

Handwash30

VIP Member
I think the main reason for the bands success was their chemistry together. They’re all talented in their own right obviously but with a member down it changes their dynamic. I don’t see any reason they couldn’t still work as a group but I also don’t know whether their hearts will be in it after whatever’s gone on.

The thing I find a bit sus is how their whole shtick until now has been how they’re absolutely bestest friends and can’t live without each other etc. But Jesy leaves with a generic “thanks for the memories” and nobody else says a word. It’s such a stark contrast in behaviour compared to what I would have expected. It definitely suggests to me things have ended on a sour note.

I don’t think there’s any easy way of leaving a group without it looking like a huge snub, but tbh if the girls had all made heartfelt public statements about it all I can tell you I’d have believed it, and so would most people I reckon. It just feels quite frosty and poignant.

aidil

VIP Member
Gosh, she needs to step away from her phone and the mirror and focus her energy on something other than her appearance!

roundzip

Rylan on Twitter basically blaming Jesy leaving as people being mean to her online yet her statement says it’s the pressure of being in a girl group 🤷‍♀️
I think the 2 go hand in hand. The pressure of being in a girl group includes the pressure to look and act a certain way and the trolls did nothing but insult her and criticise her every move.

Pinkii

VIP Member
I can see Jesy leaving the band and I can see she will be the one who will be doing all the shows like i’m a celebrity/stricly etc... She won’t stay out of the spotlight i don’t think.

PennyLane321

By statistics or whatever - possibly.

But they’re not the spice girls. The momentum they had was insane. The original girl power.
Little Mix are far more talented and have obviously been together much longer but there was just something special about the Spice Girls - there was no one like them. They revolutionised British pop music at the time

emmer_moans

VIP Member
There's 4 members of Little Mix, they won't be writing just from Perrie's experience so not sure how 'holding on to an ex' applies? If it was solo material I understand but the other 3 members have been in and out of relationships!
Break up songs do resonate with a lot of fans too, quite easy to be a hit.

I hope Jesy is okay. There’s a small window of time before they have to either say she’s feeling better and is back, or say what is happening. She’s not been right for at least a year, looking fed up in interviews for ages really.

Reactions: 15
I’m not going to go into my job but I think Jesy has depression/anxiety (at the very least, maybe other things like an eating or personality disorder) and may be experiencing suicidal ideation - maybe self medicating or abusing her prescription drugs - diazepam, sleepers etc.
If she has been going through mental health problems for a while it’s probably grated on the others, it can be exhausting for friends and family too. Maybe that’s where issues have cropped up with Alex etc - something could have gone on with perrie and he’s spoken up hence the fall out between them?

I’m worried about jesy I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she hurt herself or attempted to do something, I’ve got bad feeling about her. Take her social media with the biggest pinch of salt - look how other celebrities have behaved online before they’ve died.
I hope she manages to push past whatever’s going on for her.

• Sad

Lemontree04

Chatty Member
To be honest, I think their star is waning. Theyve got beaten in the charts by a 50 year old woman....Kylie
I wouldn't say so. They only had one #1 album in the past 9 years anyway.
Their latest one is the fourth (I think) largest selling album of the year. They would've easily gone #1 if they had released it any other week.

Besides, they currently have a Top3 single in the charts and their tour is selling incredibly well. For an almost 10(!!!) year old girl group that's not too bad at all!

Snoopysnoop123

VIP Member
Not surprised she's left as she's by far the most famous now and has lots of doors open to her. She's done the girl group thing for many years and as much as they make out like they're best friends, they're colleagues.

I think she's going to need to tread carefully, she now knows what living a life in the pubic eye entails. If she wants to carry on doing that

Not saying it's right, because similarly you should be able to leave your house unlocked and no one robs anything but certain things are inevitable. She seemed to seek out negative comments that weren't even @ her, so what can you even do about that? If you're famous people will talk.

Seeing her label Photoshop her thinner and the popstar filtered image being different to what she saw in the mirror seemed to be a big part of it.
I don’t know - I’d say Perrie is the most ‘famous’ one out of the four of them maybe its down to her ex being Zayn and obviously now Alex. She has the most Instagram following etc and if they ever seem to do an awards show or perform its always her that trends on twitter/gets the most attention etc.