Little Mix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Their TV show pulled in less than 2m. That's dire for BBC1 primetime. I doubt the beeb will recommission.

Illustrates the limit of cross-pollination. Fans don't follow across platforms/ventures like they once did.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think it will be interesting, if she’s in a bad place it is easy to hit out and blame everyone around you the girls for not being supportive and management etc. Not saying management are blameless but not sure what they could have done about the trolls.
I think something they could have done is ‘manage’ her social media themselves if it was so important to the band. That way Jesy didn’t need to see comments or anything etc and keep her life private. Unfortunately like others have said I think she craved the validation of likes etc
Hope she gets the help she needs and steps away from the stoplight for a while
It was the same with caroline flack she went out of her way to read negative comments and to see what people were saying about her . She really cared what these total strangers thought which is so sad as it stole all her joy in actually being successful. I think the same has happened with jesy and in glad she got out before she met the same devastating fate though i fear at times she has been close to it.

I'd be really interested to know this too. somebody I know commented that she'll be able to live off royalties alone so won't need to worry about work but I'd be interested to know whether that's definitely the case. I can't imagine that she wouldn't get any royalties as it is still her work.
Shes made her money she will never need to work again .. although im sure she will.

Reactions: 3
They already recorded a song without her. Wasting no time I see lol
What song? I haven't heard of any?

Edit: oh I see, the sun are saying it. I highly doubt they are gonna release brand new singles that aren't on the album so I find it hard to believe. Plus the have the song with Nathan Dawes to promote in the New Year.

Reactions: 1
There was a blind item on CDAN (so not a 100% reliable source) that went up when she went onset extended break and was solved once she quit. It basically said she’s quitting, this isn’t a break and she wants to pursue other interests. I can’t help but think that if it was just solo work they would have said that it’s for solo work.
Im thinking maybe she wants to get into acting or presenting. She’s talented but I can’t see her having a good solo career.
Also, on the rift rumours- I watched a YouTube vid of them the other day, I think it was one of their performances somewhere. And in the comments from ages ago (couple of years) people were mentioning a rift. I did a bit of digging but any evidence of this rift disappeared.

Their TV show pulled in less than 2m. That's dire for BBC1 primetime. I doubt the beeb will recommission.

Illustrates the limit of cross-pollination. Fans don't follow across platforms/ventures like they once did.
It was a really boring show though. I watched the first episode as I listen to Little Mix’s music and I nearly fell asleep! The format was dull and predictable, and although the girls didn’t do a bad job as judges, it was all a bit too nice and safe and boring to really catch on.

Reactions: 4
To be fair to Jesy, it looks like she already is working on her problem with social media. Until her statement about leaving the band, she hadn’t posted on Instagram since Halloween.
I think she may have been really struggling recently, and I feel for her. Like others have said, I really hope she can take time to heal, and find some peace.

Reactions: 8
What song? I haven't heard of any?

Edit: oh I see, the sun are saying it. I highly doubt they are gonna release brand new singles that aren't on the album so I find it hard to believe. Plus the have the song with Nathan Dawes to promote in the New Year.
They’ve probably been recording backing vocals to go in place for Jesy for shows like Strictly as they took all her vocals out of the track

Reactions: 2
To be fair to Jesy, it looks like she already is working on her problem with social media. Until her statement about leaving the band, she hadn’t posted on Instagram since Halloween.
I think she may have been really struggling recently, and I feel for her. Like others have said, I really hope she can take time to heal, and find some peace.
Definitely. I hope she keeps up the break from Instagram as it’s just not a good place for someone like her who suffers badly with mental healthy issues.

Reactions: 4
I’m not a huge die hard fan of Little Mix but I do love some of their songs. I don’t agree at all with how much she was bullied and targeted over the years and she did get it a lot worse than the other band members but in saying that to an extent it does come with the territory. People will be constantly judging your appearance, how you act, what you do etc. Anyone who’s famous has to deal with it on some level. I really do think you do need to have a thick skin before even getting into an industry like that where your constantly in the spotlight and it would be a lot of pressure and she obviously couldn’t handle or deal with it well enough to the point it’s had a really negative affect on her mental health. I’m not sure either if she dealt with bad mental health issues prior to going on X Factor but I really hope she gets the help she needs

Reactions: 6
I'll say it again. These people are the victims of instant success. No toilet circuit, no 3 am pack downs before a 6hr journey home, no r-sole promoters sodding off with your money, no creativity, with a desire to be famous, and not to be musicians.

Like plastic surgery, these people think it'll be the panacea to their poor self-esteem "no-one can touch me when I'm at the top", but we all know that you're much bigger target at the top. The panacea turns out to be a poisoned chalice, and your friends turn out to be associates, and your compliments turn out to be insincere, and when your stock drops, you get dropped.

When you're moulded into something you're not, when you're dressed and marketed into something you're not, when the music you're told to sing is just the same, tired old trope every other manufactured shite has sung about before you, unfortunately, you only see it when it's too late.

Jesy whatever her surname is, wanted it too much.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I think she relies on been in a relationship to keep her happy too, when it ends that’s when she seems to go back into a dark place.. it’s really sad hopefully she works on everything before she throws herself into something else.. I think the other 3 have the potential to still be big although I find leighann really boring.. for me I always looked at jesy jade and Perrie

Reactions: 5
I've got a feeling she'll still be reading comments tho even if she's not posting plus news articles etc. She may even visit here.

Reactions: 1
I've got a feeling she'll still be reading comments tho even if she's not posting plus news articles etc. She may even visit here.
I have to say I agree with this. I think she doesn't necessarily go out to seek the bad comments, I actually think she's seeking some form of validation, but of course, when looking for those validating comments you're going to come across the negative too. I think she'll find it hard to stay away from social media, even if she's not posting I'm sure she'll be lurking in the background checking what's being said/reading gossip mags etc

Reactions: 6
I’m not sure either if she dealt with bad mental health issues prior to going on X Factor
The sad thing is, she said in her documentary that she didn’t have any of the insecurities before she went on the X Factor*. So while it’s fair to say that people should know what to expect going into the music industry, there‘s no way she could have known, since she actually was comfortable in her own skin before fame.

*mentioned here in this article about Jesy Nelson‘s documentary -

Last edited:
I watched her documentary yesterday and I had to pause it a few times to let it sink in. Utterly heartbreaking what bullying can do to people. That beautiful young woman, Sian, who took her own life due to the bullying, awful, her poor family. And it was clear why Sian was targeted she was genuinely breath taking beautiful. The kind of young woman who would make you stop in the streets to look at her. And I think a lot of it is the same with Jessy. Yes Jessy is maybe 1 size bigger than the other girls in the band (so what!) And what made her an easy target for the uneducated but Jesy is also very beautiful, exotic and unique looking. She has stunning cat eyes, gorgeous hair, full lips and lets face it, a gorgeous body that a lot of us want. I think its down to jealousy mainly.
However the documentary also highlighted how difficult she could be to work with, negative comments all the time, crying a lot, constantly down about herself. That would irriate anyone after a while. All because she was terrified of the negative reactions she knew she was going to get no matter what.
I hope she takes time out to focus on herself and surrounds herself with genuinely loving and supportive people like her lovely mum and sister

Reactions: 9
As harsh as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if once the novelty of leaving is over she ends up in an even worse place, like so many other girlband/boyband members who become forgotten and left in the past.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I'll say it again. These people are the victims of instant success. No toilet circuit, no 3 am pack downs before a 6hr journey home, no r-sole promoters sodding off with your money, no creativity, with a desire to be famous, and not to be musicians.

Like plastic surgery, these people think it'll be the panacea to their poor self-esteem "no-one can touch me when I'm at the top", but we all know that you're much bigger target at the top. The panacea turns out to be a poisoned chalice, and your friends turn out to be associates, and your compliments turn out to be insincere, and when your stock drops, you get dropped.

When you're moulded into something you're not, when you're dressed and marketed into something you're not, when the music you're told to sing is just the same, tired old trope every other manufactured shite has sung about before you, unfortunately, you only see it when it's too late.

Jesy whatever her surname is, wanted it too much.
I recall a passage from Jimmy Savile's autobiography, talking about those who make it big in showbiz: 'the new arrival thinks that tomorrow will be the same as today. Fashions change, there is much fiddling, and if they aren't good at business, he, she or they are plucked clean as a Christmas turkey and flung on the scrapheap.'

He wrote that back in 1974. It's still relevant today. For all his crimes, Savile was a man who understood his industry.

• Sick
  • Angry
I recall a passage from Jimmy Savile's autobiography, talking about those who make it big in showbiz: 'the new arrival thinks that tomorrow will be the same as today. Fashions change, there is much fiddling, and if they aren't good at business, he, she or they are plucked clean as a Christmas turkey and flung on the scrapheap.'

He wrote that back in 1974. It's still relevant today. For all his crimes, Savile was a man who understood his industry.
100% agree with both of these. When these girls auditioned for X factor and were brought together they were young and probably naive. The music industry and celebrity stardom isn’t just red carpets, award shows and doing the things you enjoy doing and being recognised. You sign yourself up for a marathon of being critiqued, pulled apart and being asked to adapt and change and the direction you’re told to go in isn’t necessarily going to be one you even want to pursue. But say no and you’re replaceable, be problematic then someone will fill your shoes- because there’s always someone waiting in the wings for their chance.

Reactions: 2

also the show was boring af. No offence to them or anything. It's the same reason why the voice is so boring. As cruel as it is, seeing people audition who can't sing or have no talent is what brings in the views. That's why X factor was so successful in the early stages and now isn't. They can't ethically do that anymore.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.