Little Mix #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought Leigh was the least popular member because her voice just wasn't up to par with the other girls, however I can see how her race would play into it. I don't think we can completely ignore that racism or even unconscious bias can play a huge part in how someone is viewed, especially with some of the comments people were writing in the early little mix days on twitter for example

Personally, she was the least captivating in terms of voice and personality which definitely improved from the glory days era onwards. I think it can seem jarring now because she's putting on a confident Rihanna-eqsue (if that makes sense?) vibe which doesn't seem to match with what she's show us already

She's always seemed quite unsure of who she is and I think that shows now that she's not in a band, but also with her music choices

Reactions: 19
I can understand why for her it feels harder for her being a minority but I think her lack of personality plays big part too. Being mixed didn’t seem to impact Mel B being in a group with four white girls

Reactions: 14
I always thought Leigh was the least popular member because her voice just wasn't up to par with the other girls, however I can see how her race would play into it. I don't think we can completely ignore that racism or even unconscious bias can play a huge part in how someone is viewed, especially with some of the comments people were writing in the early little mix days on twitter for example

Personally, she was the least captivating in terms of voice and personality which definitely improved from the glory days era onwards. I think it can seem jarring now because she's putting on a confident Rihanna-eqsue (if that makes sense?) vibe which doesn't seem to match with what she's show us already

She's always seemed quite unsure of who she is and I think that shows now that she's not in a band, but also with her music choices
Yeah, I think there were definitely some awful things said and most likely still is from the minority without a doubt but on the whole it’s down to the lack of personality. You had 3 stronger personalities and voices it was easy for her to be drown out.

Like in all groups there’s always 1-2 members who are forgettable to the majority and she is that person unfortunately.

I feel like now she’s holding onto race, culture and Jamaica to have a purpose as an artist and person but we all know this is just not her because often there’s no real substance or passion when she talks about a lot of those topic. It comes across to me that she does it to seem like she’s one of the people, fighting for all poc when we all know she doesn’t really care. He husband alone is proof of that!

I imagine to the majority of actual Jamaicans that fake reggae voice thing she’s doing “riddim” etc is actually quite offensive. It’s like your grandma being French and you randomly start singing and talking with a French accent despite having an English accent. We all know the French people would be MAD.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I really hope Jade does well in her solo career, I know there’s chat about her social media presence being off-putting currently, but I work for a children’s charity and whenever we contacted LM over the years, the response was ALWAYS a video / zoom call / visit from Jade for the fan. None of the others. Ever. I just have such a soft spot for her because of this. I do think she’s a genuinely good person at heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I can understand why for her it feels harder for her being a minority but I think her lack of personality plays big part too. Being mixed didn’t seem to impact Mel B being in a group with four white girls
See…I don’t understand this because Jade is mixed as well, so if that’s the reason for Leigh’s lack of popularity then why is Jade so popular??

Reactions: 7
I really hope Jade does well in her solo career, I know there’s chat about her social media presence being off-putting currently, but I work for a children’s charity and whenever we contacted LM over the years, the response was ALWAYS a video / zoom call / visit from Jade for the fan. None of the others. Ever. I just have such a soft spot for her because of this. I do think she’s a genuinely good person at heart.
That's really lovely to hear and tbh what I would have expected if you had asked me which of them would do that sort of thing. I do love Jade, her personality has always been my favourite, I guess it's just since leaving the group the way she replies to fans has been offputting, but I do think it's probably bravado.

Reactions: 9
Jade is a good egg and you can tell this by the amount of people who have worked for the group and are now genuine friends with her.

Reactions: 5
Aww, that's nice to hear ❤ She does seem like a genuinely lovely person (those cringe-y social media replies aside).

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't she also the only one in LM who actually adopted a dog? I always found it rather disappointing that Perrie and Leigh never did it (at least to my knowledge) considering they always presented themselves as those huge animal lovers.

Reactions: 2
Aww, that's nice to hear ❤ She does seem like a genuinely lovely person (those cringe-y social media replies aside).

And correct me if I'm wrong but isn't she also the only one in LM who actually adopted a dog? I always found it rather disappointing that Perrie and Leigh never did it (at least to my knowledge) considering they always presented themselves as those huge animal lovers.
Yeah her and Jordan adopted one and he already had one so they now have two rescue dogs.

I’ve recently got a puppy so I’m hoping I stroll into Jade and the dogs on a walk on the beach since Jordan’s my neighbour… 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

LA’s also got a dog with cropped ears…

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don’t think it’s ‘blatantly clear’ she’s not white, especially in the earlier Little Mix years

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.